The Vow (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for an accident scene, sexual content, partial nudity and some language|
Sex & Nudity
- Leo and Paige make out, then the scene cuts to them in bed, covered only by a sheet.
- Paige is shown in her bra and panties a couple of times.
- Paige and Leo jump in a lake wearing nothing but their underwear.
- In one scene, Paige tells Leo that he's only getting to first base with her, and "maybe second base at the most."
- An older man is revealed to have had an affair with one of his daughter's friends.
- Leo's butt is shown as he gets out of bed. Full rear nudity.
Violence & Gore
- The car accident in the first scene is not gory, but disturbing to watch. See "Frightening/Intense Scenes" for more info.
- Leo punches a man in the face and knocks him down. We see a little bit of blood coming out of his nose, but it's very minimal.
- Ass - 1, Bullshit - 1, Dick - 1, Goddamn - 1, Shit - 4
- Some brief language, like !@#$%^&* and !@#$%^&*, but nothing over the top. Use of the Lord's name in vain.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Adult characters are seen drinking wine and beer at parties/weddings/bars.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In the first scene, there is a car accident scene where the two main characters are rear ended by a truck. She is not wearing her seat belt. We see the woman's head crash right through the windshield, and she is seen laying unconscious on the hood of the car; little blood is shown. Both characters are shown in the ER afterward.
Sex & Nudity
- In the first scene, Paige tells Leo about a myth that having sex in a car will get you "preggers." They start kissing and are presumably about to have sex when the truck crashes into them.
- Jeremy tells Leo that Leo's wife "threw herself at him," he'll take his advice "while I'm in bed with your wife." This is actually an exaggeration, as Jeremy had kissed Paige unexpectedly once.