A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A Russian girl is shown unzipping her leather jacket at the beginning of the film, revealing a black laced bra. This is very brief.
- In another scene, John says "Traffic sucks here, too." His Russian driver then responds, "Sex? You want sex? Sexy clubs?", believing John said "sex".
Violence & Gore
- A man gets shot in the chest and dies, some blood but it's hard to see in the low light. The extended cut changes the chest shot to a bloody headshot.
- A man gets shot in the arm, blood is very, very briefly seen splatting out.
- A group of terrorists blows up three cars outside of a court house, making the explosion damage most of the court house. When the terrorists enters court room, they kill all security guards that are still alive.
- There is a 10 minute long car chase scene which is very intense:
- A man with a bazooka shoots at John's car, but John manages to turn the car just in time. The bazooka shot hits another car in the background and we see it explode. In the end, it turns out that John crashes into another set of cars making his car flip and roll over the other cars.
- John chases down some terrorist on a highway. He crashes into them, making both cars flip over. The terrorists' truck flips over, and flies down to the lower part of the highway, and crashes into a truck. As the car is flying in mid air, you see the terrorist screaming in horror.
- A group of terrorist opens fire at a man in a highway, however, the man does not get hit.
- A man gets shot in the head. There is lots of blood spray and a bloody bullet impact. The bullet impact is mostly obscured by darkness however. The blood spray is also somewhat obscured by darkness. The entire scene is very brief.
- A man shoots a group of terrorists down with a machine gun.
- A man rigs explosives outside of his apartment, blowing it up when terrorists try to enter his apartment. One terrorist gets blown away by the explosion, and he is seen falling to his death.
- Two men get taken hostage but manage to get loose and fight the bad guys off.
- Some terrorists enter a military helicopter and try to kill the two men.
- The last 20 minutes of the film is a very long prolonged shoot-out sequence. There are people being blown up by explosions, many getting shot (tiny amounts of blood is shown), and a helicopter is seen crashing into a building, we see it falling down in slow motion leading to a huge explosion when it hits the ground.
- A man gets shot in the head. Moderate amount of blood is very briefly seen splatting out. Somewhat obscured by darkness however.
- A man has his neck snapped. This is prolonged and onscreen for most of time, but a majority of it is seen from a far distance and the camera is blurred.
- A man is thrown off a roof into the path of a helicopter and is shredded to death by the rotors. We see blood and gore splater for a quick second before it cuts away. Most graphic moment in the film.
- The extended edition contains the violence previously stated, as well as the following:
- An pedestrian gets knocked down by a police officer.
- John drives on top of a couple of cars, and you can see a lady inside one of the cars, screaming in fear.
- A car hits another car and flips around, landing on its head
- John and Jack find a dead body wrapped in plastic.
- The Language Is Tame Compared To The Other Four "Die Hard" Movies.. Has even less f-words than the unrated version of Live free or Die Hard (which had 30 f-words).
- 15 F-words
- 16 scatological terms.
- 2 anatomical terms.
- 4 religious profanities.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is a scene in a nightclub. You can see many people drinking alcohol and a few smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- According to the BBFC website, the UK 15-rated version does include "a man is shot in the head in close shot, resulting in a spurt of blood from the side of his head. There are a number of shootings, some of which show brief bloody bullet impacts". The 12A version does not include these scenes.
- Intense action throughout.
- There is a scene where McClane drives a tank out of a helicopter, which might be a bit intense.