This Means War (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 38 items
- Sex & Nudity (9)
- Violence & Gore (9)
- Profanity (10)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (7)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (3)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sexual content including references, some violence and action, and for language|
Sex & Nudity
- Male topless nudity.
- A very brief mention of "porn".
- The main female character makes out passionately with both Tuck and FDR.
- The main female character wears dresses that reveal cleavage, and is briefly seen wiping sweat out of her cleavage, saying her "boobs are sweaty."
- A fight scene at a strip club briefly shows women in bras, panties, and garter belts. Not much is shown.
- A man's apartment has a ceiling that reveals a pool above, where he watches a woman swim in a bikini.
- A woman decides to have sex with both men; to decide who is better for her. With one man, we see her and him passionately kissing and groping against a wall, undressing each other. On the kitchen counter we hear and see them touching, we see the woman stripped to a bra and panties with the shirtless man. He wakes in her bed the next morning (implied) naked; his groin covered by sheets. With the other man, nothing is shown after they start making out.
- Lauren has several crude conversations with her married friend, Trish, who tries to convince Lauren that she should meet guys and have sex. Once, Lauren calls Trish when Trish is about to have sex with her husband. It shows Trish and her husband on the floor, as she straddles him, wearing only a shirt and panties. Her husband is in boxers.
- Several sexual jokes and one-liners throughout, some cruder than others, sometimes directly mentioning sexual organs.
Violence & Gore
- A woman drives through a highway guardrail and crash her car into a large pool.
- A boy loses a Tae Kwon Do match painfully.
- A man punches another man in the stomach and he is shown in pain.
- A woman worries that using a dating site will result in her becoming a "skin suit."
- A man is shot in the neck with a tranquilizer dart and passes out.
- A man is shot in the groin at close range with a paintball gun and is pain for a short while.
- Dozens die in bloody gunfights. We see bare-knuckle fistfights and car-leaping takedowns. Men blow up in exploding vehicles, splat to the roadway at high speeds and speed off high bridges to their fiery deaths. And the key explosions and careening vehicles are intermittently showcased with slow-motion detail. A small amount of blood is seen. A man falls from a skyscraper and lands hard on a car, dead. Throughout the film, wounded or killed people are shown with little blood and no gore.
- Two men fight. They pummel and bloody each other, crash through glass walls and tumble off a balcony to smash the tables below.
- Two karate tournaments show young boys attacking each other very roughly.
- 'F*ck' is said once.
- 'Sh*t' is said about six times.
- 'D*mn' is said a few times.
- '*ss' is said a few times.
- 'H*ll' is said a few times.
- 'B*tch' is said a few times.
- 'B*stard' is said a few times.
- Religious exclamations about nine times.
- 'Bollocks' is said once.
- A man flips his middle finger at a camera.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Smoking: None
- A woman buys bottles of wine at a store.
- A woman has a cup of "special milk" that she keeps her kids away from and drinks from regularly.
- Lots of partygoers and nightclub visitors drink glasses of alcohol.
- The main characters all drink at parties, at a café and at home on several occasions.
- On one occasion, a man fakes being drunk.
- A woman suggests that her friend needs a joint.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A few mild emotionally intense moments.
- The villains are criminals that may be frightening to some viewers.
- The fight scenes are usually brief but quite intense.