Act of Valor (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence including some torture, and for language|
Sex & Nudity
- Close-ups of bikini clad women.
- Brief kissing.
Violence & Gore
- An icecream truck blows up in order to kill the U.S. Ambassador.
- The two main themes involve a CIA operative getting kidnapped and the kidnappers then conspiring to commit terrorist acts in The USA.
- The female CIA agent is shown bruised and bloody up close several times during a torture/interrogation. No on screen torture is seen though her screams are heard.
- An unarmed man is unsuspectedly shot in the head. This is off screen, though a high amount of blood splatters on the wall behind. A woman with him is then attacked by several violent punches that leave her unconscious.
- One character takes a bullet to his eye,and is later shown with an eyepatch.
- A car is blown up by a rocket in slow motion. Everyone inside is consumed by the blast.
- One character gets blown up by throwing himself on a grenade.
- 10 f-words. About 10 s-words. The name of Jesus is used as an expletive on two or three occasions. We also hear "a," "dn" and "h." There is a crude reference to testicles.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters drink and smoke
- Some of the terrorists are involved with drug dealing.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Pretty intense, but nothing graphic seen.