The Whole Truth (2021) Poster

the truth is...
ops-525357 December 2021
That this thai horror movie is just too slow and brittle and lacks greatly experience among the youngest actors. Its a peel of the layers of the onion kinda developing story, a story that is good, but knit together in an awkward manner, and there are obvious plotholes in the continuity. Allthough the playtime is 20 minutes too long the surprises though are still there for you to come and see

a six stars from the grumpy old man still not struck by the green or grey stare and recommends.
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good offering from Thailand
thales-630457 December 2021
It may lack the horror that some contributors enjoy but this is more a murder mystery than a horror flick. The actors are totally unknown to most western audiences so you don't know who is going to live or die. The cinematography is very good although the special effects could have been better with a little more money spent on them but that's a small complaint. It didn't take away from the overall film. Some may find it slow at times as it's trying to build up the tension. Stay until the last few minutes at the end. It's worth it.
20 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The (w)hole wall
kosmasp29 December 2021
If towards the beginning you have a Deja Vu and think this feels familiar ... like a movie you may have seen before. You may think like me and feel this is close to an M. Night Shyamalan movie that also had grandparents in the middle of the story. Not sure if I want to say don't worry about it, it is not a remake of that ... it just isn't though.

This is a simple or rather quite straight horror ... it does contain a few other elements (like bullying) and general issues growing up and the age differences between the kids and the grandparents ... different worlds and all that. Not perfect by a long shot, but horror fans may not mind while they are getting their kicks ...
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super long Asian supernatural mystery thriller
bazookamouth-221-89809722 December 2021
This supernatural horror tale is better than one might expect, but not as good as it might have been. Unfortunately, it doesn't really lead to anything satisfying though , and the two-hour-and-five-minute running time ends up feeling like it's at least 30 minutes longer than it needs to be. Side stories fall short, to say nothing of plot twists that come across as forced. The background music is excessive -- it's like any time someone blinks or turns their head, shrill industrial horror noise screech and insult your ears. All in all it results in a movie that isn't as good or as scary as it might have been with more editing and less reliance on horror cliches.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than I expected.
edwardhutchinson4 December 2021
To be honest it's not a great horror flick or anything but it does keep your interest which is more than I can say for a lot of movies I've seen lately. Maybe it's better than I expected because I wasn't expecting much? I dunno. I'm not a rocket surgeon but it kept my interest anyway.
14 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious
imdb-148502 December 2021
This doesn't get 8/10 for being a well-crafted horror flick. It gets 8/10 for being unintentionally hilarious. We all need a good laugh sometimes and this film provides it.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the wh⭕le truth, through a (worm)hole .....
THEgongoozler3 December 2021
It starts mid-paced, mediocre, middle-of-the-road, like a harmless melodrama. Don't be fooled by the seemingly "storm in the teacup" style and scope. There are heaps of clues along the way. Some of them indicative, some misleading. Then, as the plot thickens, twists and turns explode one after another. The excellent execution of the story presents every twist and turn with explanation, all reasonable. Well done, director Wisit Sasanatieng.

Every characters other than the protagonists sis and bro look nice and give good first impression. However, they have dark side of their own, as revealed later. The exception: only 3 persons (the school bully, the rich youngster, and the futile husband) NOT look nice when first appeared, because the director portrays them that way, are not that bad as we anticipate. The most ugly of them all, is actually pure and innocent. These delicate arrangements are perfect embodiment of the idea that in our world it's hard to realize the whole truth, unless through a (worm)hole, of a past or even present event. Hence the title of THE WH⭕LE TRUTH (2021).

By the way, TWT is typically Thai cinema and a beautiful one. Asian horror movies tend to, IMHO, pay more attention on family value, good manner, morality, etc or even on introspection of their culture/tradition than the actual scary stuff. Therefore, TWT won't keep you at the edge of your seat. It doesn't intend to. Please look away if you prefer mindless killing, jump scare or gore.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad approach
isaacochoterena3 December 2021
This movie is everything, but not horror.

The story unfolds little by little, making it have a good development, but the approach of how the story is going to be told is very bad, the film poses terror and suspense at the beginning, but its poor execution of the story, leads us to a dramatic and thriller ending, the way the story unfolded was not correct for it, the poor direction does not convey suspense either. Most of the performances are good, the character development is good, this movie allows us to see that the ghosts of our past haunt us in the present and until we face them we will get rid of them.

I think there is a well developed story, but the execution and the way it is told, spoil any attempt to give us something interesting and well done.
15 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The whole truth is that
Movi3DO26 December 2021
The whole truth is that this movie was pretty mediocre.

The whole truth is that the acting from most of the characters were bad, especially the son and grandpa.

The whole truth is that the main chick was sometimes cute and sometimes not, which is confusing and just a comment, not a criticism.

The whole truth is that the use of sound was incredibly excessive and didn't help elevating the scares.

The whole truth is that it's not scary as a horror.

The whole truth is that most of the mystery was predictable, but then some of the twists was decent and some were meh.

The whole truth is that the characters didn't have to explain everything because the twists were mostly straightforward.

The whole truth is that the ending felt stretched out and didn't have that much significance.

The whole truth is that there were two subplots that didn't really do anything and shouldn't be included.

The truth is that, overall, it's nothing good, just mediocre and predictable. 5/10.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a bad watch
slave_sunny3 December 2021
Good plot!! The start is slow but then picks up its keeps u engaged until the end...love the twist in the end...it's a good one time watch.. if you like mystery and horror.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad its interesting?
applegrrls8 December 2021
This movie literally keeps flipping from worst to interesting. But i bumped it up to an 8 for acting, music & ghostly effects. Yet even with excellent makeup & practical effects, there is still one truly ridiculous scene with cgi that's so bad it nearly ruined the whole interesting ending. Even the writing is a roller coaster ride in vacillation of characters making constantly unbelievably idiotic decisions, and then suddenly so brilliant they are explaining things like wormhole theory. Ultimately, my rating lies with how strongly the true horror plot was depicted, which was the perils of social norms & rushed judgments... and these characters definitely live in the sunken place internally. There are secrets hidden, and a cracks always leaking them out into our reality... And that subplot is their very best plot. If you absolutely insist on watching this, don't watch the English dubbed version since the voice acting is some of the worst known to man. I would truly only recommended this to hardcore asian ghost story lovers.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Whole Truth
marinaant-3621711 December 2021
This was unexpectedly really good it had it's mystery through out the movie and I didn't know what to expect it wasn't predictable at all the actors did a really good job too it was very creepy in some scenes and I liked that there was a nice plot twist.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful to watch!
danilo_tomida4 December 2021
Really, it was painful to watch this for two hours! My God, what a horrible movie! Bad script, bad acting, bad directing, bad fx, bad everything! Don't waste your time on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not really worth it
tgcme4 December 2021
I kept waiting for some sort of payoff. You never get one. It drags on for way to long. The pacing is terrible, the subplot with Pim pointless and goes nowhere. I got so tired of Putt's name with being half the dialogue in this movie. This movie thought it was being a lot more than it was. It was grim. So disturbing. Horrible special effects. And just overall a sad film achieving nothing. And it got really boring. Like really boring. Nobody was particularly likeable except maybe Pim, kinda. But remember this movie is Thai, which so far as I know, is not a thriving hot spot for cinema. So with that in mind, I can be forgiving.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent acting and storyline
chelseaedwards-028482 December 2021
I didn't guess the twist at the end which definitely made me give the film a better rating. Both the storyline and acting were decent so overall a film I would recommend someone to watch. Certain parts were quite predictable which is why I gave it a slightly lower rating.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute Rubbish !
honeybloggs-696483 December 2021
It is a very badly made and acted movie . The teenager girl had only one expression throughout the movie, which was widening of her eyes . The plus point of this movie was that the mum was in a come for most of it , so we were spared watching her trying to act.
10 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Horror
feher-robert5 December 2021
Its a really great movie, i really liked it. Its not an average horror its look like a new style. Sadly its not so freaky, thats why i give 9 star, but very interesting.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I liked it
thugwyfe6 December 2021
Kinda slow but then picks up and ending is crazy. Its a good movie if you're into movies like this. Its a little confusing and then suspenseful and scary and then everything comes together in the end.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lame and boring
edlc19704 December 2021
What a lame and boring movie. Nothing happens. Its not a horror movie at all. Its just bad acting, a stupid plot and a complete waste of time. The first 40 minutes is just talk and talk about a stupid hole in a wall. The rest om the movie is just as lame and boring. Labelling this movie as horror, is false advertising.
8 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very bad ...
luka-escu-804-4262452 December 2021
The story is bad, the acting is bad, too much bulging eyes and screaming, the effects are bad, they are keep pulling on the story like the script is not written and they are struggling to find and ending.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horribly long
barabasoffice4 December 2021
The concept is good but the whole plot is no more than 30-40 minutes. Instead it is 2 hours, filled with irrelevant sidelines (the Fame guy). Just use fast forward to skip these and it'll be ok.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
something missing
snowman-707924 December 2021
This is a hard one to rate, theres nothing really wrong with it but it's not great either. If this was an American movie it would be a pretty low score but since its thai I dont think it was as bad considering their time in the "horror game." I've only seen a few Thai horror movies, one was good, the others wernt so its hard to know how the Thai would see this one. The spfx were a bit overdone in places and a bit cheesy in others but nothing to overbearing or distracting. The story was good maybe not 100% original but not done to death either. Worth the watch but probably not goin to make it into any top ten's.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
ucsbguy4 December 2021
The trailer looked good. The movie was terrible. The acting was worse. The cgi felt like it was made from someone in junior high. I really think this movie has potential.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A whole lot of rubbish
davelowen12 December 2021
The inveterate camerawork and acting made me irascible.

The basic story had potential but the agony of how it was acted and directed was, to tell the truth, awful.
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
There is a good story somewhere.
unholyprophet21 December 2021
The movie has good production values and there is a good, a very good story somewhere but that's about it. The kid's acting is awful, there is a subplot that could be cut entirely from the movie and nothing would have been lost, and the script is rough at times. The scripts doesn't try to smooth the experience between plot points giving up the impression that this movie needed a few more years being rewritten. In any case, the plot twists are good but probably they are not enough to make the time investment worthwhile.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.