Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010 Video)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violent content and some drug references|
Sex & Nudity
- A couple is inexplicitly shown making out for a mere second just before they get interrupted.
Violence & Gore
- Most violent version of Batman out there.
- Batman and The Red Hood have a long and intense fight.
- Multiple on screen shootings, burnings, and murders. Quite a lot of blood is shown. Lots of hand to hand combat as would be normally expected in a Batman movie.
- There's lots of bloody bits in this.
- Joker beats Robin with a crowbar. It is VERY brutal and blood is shown.
- Black Mask punches his new gang member. A bleeding nose is showing. Black Mask also proceeds to punch several of his own men throughout the movie.
- Red Hood throws a bag onto a table containing several decapitated heads of crime lords.
- Red Hood shocks a guy and kills him by overloading his cybernetic helmet to backfire on him. Blood is shown splattering on the wall. The most graphic bit in the movie.
- Red Hood beats Joker with a crowbar as a form of revenge when for kidnapping him and brutally torturing him.
- Batman throws a batarang and blows up the gun Red Hood had and blood is on his hand.
- A Molotov cocktail is shown detonating in someone's hand before they threw it, and is strongly implied to have burned the man to death.
- The Joker managed to slit a man's throat with a glass of water, as well as kill four armed men with a stolen pistol while being recruited by Black Mask.
- The Joker briefly sprays kerosene onto his hostages before dumping the gas tank into the truck, and eventually drops a lit lighter on them with the obvious intention of torching them.
- 1 use of the word "crap".
- About 5-7 instances of "damn" as well as about 3 uses of "hell".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Several references to the drug trade.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Very intense showdowns, mature plot points as well.
- A bag full of severed heads is briefly seen, although the actual heads aren't directly visible.
- A good sum up of this movie would be: just as dark and terrifying (possibly more terrifying) as "The Dark Knight (2008)", but with a much shorter run time and A LOT more blood. This is not to be mistaken for your kiddie Batman cartoon.