Ciao Alberto (2021) Poster

(2021)

Short and Sweet
Neon_Gold12 November 2021
This short cemented the idea that Alberto should have been the main character of "Luca". He is much more interesting. And if I am being honest. I would have loved to see a whole film about him and Massimo. Like them finding each other and growing like a father and son.

I did find the start a little grating but I just don't like that cliche.

The ending was really touching tho. For a 5 minute short, it was a sweet story.
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alberto finds adapting to life among the humans a bit more difficult than he expected...especially in dealing with Massimo.
MartinHafer17 November 2021
This short is a spin-off from "Luca" and follows one of the main characters, Alberto, in his life following the end of the previous film.

It begins with Alberto writing to his friend, Luca, who by now has gone off to school. As he writes, you see that Alberto's life with Massimo is very problematic, as Alberto knows little about human customs and he keeps making a mess of things. To make matters worse, Massimo continues to be a very quiet and reserved man and Alberto assumes the guy is getting fed up with him....particularly when he accidentally burns Massimo's boat.

I didn't love this short until the end...which was very sweet. It gave some added depth to the characters and overall, it's a very nice Pixar short.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
See you.
Pjtaylor-96-1380449 January 2022
'Ciao Alberto (2021)' is a short film by Pixar which follows the exploits of Alberto after the events of 'Luca (2021)'. It's over almost before it begins, essentially building towards a climactic scene that's designed to give your tear ducts a workout. The rest of the thing is basically just a series of gags as Alberto struggles to impress his stoic new boss. It's decent enough, but doesn't feel all that substantial. It also isn't particularly amusing or emotionally affecting. It's enjoyable enough for what it is, but it almost feels inconsequential overall. It really could've done with being just a bit longer. Still, it's fine. 5/10.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alberto & Massimo reminds us the importance of family
witra_as19 November 2021
For seven minute short movie based on Luca, McKenna Harris got simple story and detailed animation to reminds us that whatever mistakes you've done, you're still loved by your family. Alberto & Massimo showed endearing chemistry as father and son wannabe.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Peoples overreaction made me go with a 7 rating
shaheraboukaf12 November 2021
Don't get me wrong, i loved the short and the chemistry between Alberto and Massimo is cute, but the short film just didn't have anything interesting in it due to the trailer and peoples spoilers on instegram haha.

Overall, it was cute, funny and wholesum, if it wasn't for the people who overreacted with their spoilers, i would have enjoyed it more.

P. S : i know this is off topic, but people, please !! Stop drawing weird fandom of this movie.
8 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good as ever but hate the overhype
shaheraboukaf12 November 2021
To be honest, i never reviewed any movie before, but i will try my best.

At first, Luca came out and gained over gained attention pretty much by everyone positively, even i liked it so much.

But we are gone to a level where people actually sexualizing the movie for being the two boys so called "into each other". I hated the fact that people gave this movie a bigger space than its shape.

But overall, i enjoyed the first movie, and this one did win me over it. But people, whoever is reading this, don't hate for saying this, but please stop giving something that it doesn't really go along with it.

Thank you all for reading.
6 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.