The Five Juanas (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

I really liked it! Worth watching!
MARBLELEMON9 October 2021
I watched this on Netflix and it was really intriguing. The storyline was different to what I've ever watched before. If you like drama and mystery, this is def a watch!

One thing, which is not a spoiler. If you decide to watch this, even though it's season 1 of 19 episodes, it seems to be two seasons. After episode 9, you'll know what I mean.
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sexy Soapy
jwscott-home4 November 2021
Did I say sexy? Yes, finally a sexy show on Netflix that actually has a good story and writing! And the acting's fair as well.

I enjoyed it. Worth a watch for sure.
The Five Juanas
Tweekums3 November 2021
This Mexican series, a remake of a Colombian show, opens with five women having a rather surprising meeting at a resort in Cancun. Each of them is named Juana and each of them has an identical birthmark on their backside! They soon learn that they have the same father but different mothers. The more they learn about their father, a powerful politician expecting a major promotion the more they determine to take revenge for how he threated their mothers. Along the way they will face many difficulties and some real danger.

It must be stated that this series is based on an unlikely coincidence but if you can get past that and don't mind plenty of melodrama it is rather fun. The five Juanas of the title are suitably different in character; one is a trainee nun another is a stripper for example! The other characters are interesting; some appear good, some are good and some are obvious villains; as one might expect from such a story. If you want lots of action you may be disappointed but there is often a sense of threat; sometimes the danger is physical other times reputational. The villains of the story are suitably wicked, even if it isn't always immediately obvious. There is a fair amount of sex and nudity although for the most part not too much is visible; just the occasional backside or glimpse of a breast. Overall I thought it was a fairly entertaining series; perhaps not a must see but still fun enough for me to be glad I chose to watch it.

These comments are based on watching the series in Spanish with English subtitles.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bingeworthy drama about five Juanas.
helenfredriksson18 October 2021
The first four or five episodes may be hard to go through, it took me two times to watch, but when it got interesting I couldn't stop watching. If you want a logical, totally correct show that would be an exact to real life, move on to another show. This web of sisters, lovers, relatives is not that.

All descendents of a conspiring man, have not just an identical birthmark, but it is also located at the same place on the body. Five women with it, half-sisters by the name Juana, are the leading roles in this mystery.

The show have a little bit of everything, a bit of paranormal, incest, transition, family ties, sex (not too much and not showing too much either), gay, love, evil, trust (or distrust), trafficking and a million other things.

The plot unravels really well and it's not hard to follow the creators vision. Intriguing drama of five sisters bonding not only by the same father.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Miniseries based on a Colombian tv novela.
Horror_Flick_Fanatic13 October 2021
A remake of a Colombian telenovela, La Juanas (1997) originally written by Bernardo Romero Pereira. Modern high quality cinematography in Dolby Vision HDR. Setting in Mexico. Lots of eye candy.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
7/10 Pretty good. Dark mystery drama and sexy
Hellooo123432113 October 2021
Good plot, good acting, it's a mystery, drama series with good thought out storylines. You want to keep watching. Hope this series will be renewed for a season 2.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lovely cast
igyxvit23 October 2021
I love the acting! The story is fun and interesting, not too believable but very entertaining.

I love the diversity they used in the actors, definitely showing some the different faces of Mexican people.

Love the inclusion of a trans character.

The only thing why didn't they shaved Frederic,s face? He didn't strike as a "pijo"
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So compelling
jonathanfergusonvernon20 October 2021
Wonderfully done, a clever 'who did it' and such an anthem to strong women. Delicious acting and so many unfolding moments of genuine joy despite some of the dark themes.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
7/10 dark mystery drama and sexy
Hellooo123432113 October 2021
La Venganza de las Juanas is a must watch for drama lovers.

It's a sexy mystery drama series from Mexico. Even thought it's 18 episodes long, every episode is interesting and you want to keep watching further. Good binge watch series.
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too much sex, not enough action
jaymedaw13 October 2021
The plot is decent and interesting, however there is just way too much sex. Some is fine, but every 3-5 minutes in every episode there's explicit sex scenes. This is not a family friendly show, watch it when you're not around children or people whom don't enjoy excessive sex scenes. It's frustrating when writers do not take into account all of their audience. I'm writing this review for people like myself whom are very intellectual and sex just doesn't keep me interested 24/7. I started to lose interest after about 5 episodes. If you were to take out the sex scenes, you wouldn't have much of a series which is telling. I'm also not interested in the idea of half siblings having sex all the time after they've found out. It felt like they're trying to normalize incest and non monogamous lifestyles. I hope that if there's another season, they take into account everyones reviews.
9 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This productions has no quality
malzarooni-9307316 October 2021
How naive is this production, people working on this show don't have mind set. I can't believe how could they produce such as naive show. How could you believe 5 girls have same birth mark on same spot, and they gathered in one location. So stupid.. this director never thought for a minute that we are living in 2021 and people understand a lot and know a lot. One thing just attacking people to watch this series, which is women feminist, showing their undies and beauties. Rather than that, it's a failure, and I must give credit to some actors performance. The director could discuss the men control and corruptions in much easy and realistic way.. I must rate this series to -4.
6 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This whole show is written poorly
hamnaazeem17 October 2021
There are mistakes in some scenes. Showing too much rape like it's normalizing it and the girls reaction to the rape in the series shows like its not a big deal. How will it affect other boys watching it? As we all know young boys do watch these things. Focused more on nudity,sex and Yes there are rape scenes in many other shows but this show was poorly directed. A typical spanish series that the whole story was predictable.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not believable but entertaining
zardifraj24 October 2021
It's entertaining yes , but directing was poor acting was average for almost how can I believe a lot of coincidence and also développement of characters was so damn fast I don't like also normalizing siblings sex , rape , too much nudity and less directing it's Netflix 💲💸💰
0 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Liked the Story but The Acting was Average
Abdalwahab-9320 October 2021
This series has great story-telling and unique style but the acting was not good (expect Manu and Simon they were OK)

Its a little bit predictable but overall enjoyable to watch.

I liked the way they show Mexico (not like US series and movies) and I give it 6 out 10.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.