American Gangster Presents: Big 50 - The Delrhonda Hood Story (2021) Poster

A really bad movie with really bad acting
Moviedog265 October 2021
I wonder if this story was as bad when it was real as it was now.

One the worst movies ever made.
4 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sugar sweet
na-090695 October 2021
The story of a lady gangster who distributed most of her life all kinds of drugs and by doing so destroyed thousands of (young) lives.

The movie though portraits her surrounded by happy nice, soft-hearted people, most of them also in crime, but who cares. They love, play and live good lives in beautiful homes with nice children and have everyday problems like us. In short, the kind of people you know will give you the warmth in life you need, far away from the though, bloody hellish reality of drug related crime.

Even the FBI likes them and only invades Delrhonda's house because it's procedure so it seems. When she is interrogated, or to put it better, politely asked about some photo's and she refuses to cooperate the interrogator's response is a sort of "you foolish girl, have it your way".

When a friend of hers got shot, responsible for trafficking over 40% of the contraband on the streets of Detroit, we all cry.

When her children confront her with her drug trafficking Delrhonda explains that she had to do that to get them a roof over their heads and well, that we can all understand. Poor girl.

But the FBI did have to put her in jail at some point and there she reads the Bible and that changed her life in such a way that she from now on she devotes her life to keeping young girls from following in het footsteps. Amen to that.

I really believe that starting a new life is possible and I'm definitely all for it not to judge people anymore who seriously regret their previous actions and now become an apostle to warn us for that kind of lifestyle. But seriously why couldn't the film have been made a bit more realistic instead of showing us one hour and 20 minutes of the one hour and thirty-four minutes duration of the movie a polished soft focused, almost heavenly world of drug traffickers that is so sweet it'll hurt your teeth. Doesn't a woman like that deserve that?

Anyway, the acting was quite acceptable; although a bit cliché in some places. In the end we still see a Delrhonda in a very expensive fur coat wearing expensive clothes telling poor young children not to follow the easy money!?!?
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved This Movie.. A REAL OG Story!! BIG FIFTY!!!!
tajuanaowens13 October 2021
Remy, I loved you since your first single popped out back in undergrad. Been rockin with you all the way. You def did your thing in the movie. The whole cast was GREAT!! Keep movies like this depicting REAL life OG stories coming out. Thank you Ms. Hood for being so transparent and sharing your story with the masses.
EXCELLENT!!!!
sliklee8 October 2021
This movie was AMAZING!! Rhonda needs a series. It was good to see the women in control & showing they have changed their lives for the good! It's nothing but UP from here for BIG 50!! So proud!
EXCELLENT!!
sliklee9 October 2021
This movie was raw & uncut! Remy Ma did her thang!! The acting was on point & I'm glad they let Big 50 narrate her OWN story. The actors they chose were a great fit! We need to show more real life stories of our Black Women, to show how we change, grow & mature & to show all the obstacles in life we face as women in our urban communities! Big ups to Rhonda @therealbigfifty for sharing your story. It's nothing but "ALL DA WAY UP" from here! Hopefully she makes a series next!!!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WOW!! BIG 50 IS AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE HER!!
mizzlove8 October 2021
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT BLACK MOVIE!!

THIS MOVIE IS GREAT! THE ENTIRE FAMILY (ALL AGES) MUST SEE..& ENJOY IT IS FULL OF LOVE..ACTION..DRAMA..GANGSTA FAMILY..REAL FRIENDSHIPS..RELATIONSHIPS..JAIL EMOTIONAL. INSPIRATIONAL..FUNNY!!

DREAMS COME TRUE!! GOD DOES MIRACLES..THANKS FOR THE BLESSING..SHARING YOUR LIFE WITH THE WORLD!!!
BIG 50 MOVIE IS AN EXCELLENT REAL LIFE CLASS COURSE..THX
mizzlove9 October 2021
I PLAY SCHOOL WIT MY BABIES! (I'm old school lol) WE DO MATH, READING ETC.. I HAD ALL MY BABIES (boys & girls) AGES 5-15 TO WATCH BIG 50 MOVIE!! THIS CLASS IS CALLED "REAL LIFE" . IT WAS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE.. DURING THE MOVIE THEY ASKED SEVERAL QUESTIONS? I ANSWERED THIS MOVIE TEACHES THEM 2 KNO WHAT NOT TO DO, THRUOUT THEIR LIFE!! WHICH IS SAY NO TO DRUGS!!

BIG 50 IS ADORED!! HER LEGACY IS INTERNATIONALLY THRUOUT USA & CANADA!!! BIG 50 IS MY BABIES MENTOR!! YAZZ!! WE GO THRU FIRE..COME OUT LIKE GOLD!! THX 4 THE TESTIMONY OF HOW GOOD GOD IS!! WE LUV U!!
Live ur best life
terryjinnii9 October 2021
Great movie Amazing story and wonderful actors only the haters Mad.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Keep it going live life no one is mad but the haters
terryjinnii9 October 2021
U somebody when they make a move about u so all the

Haters be silent great movie Amazing story and wonderful actors. Keep it going.
I love it
kimberlyreese-5947510 October 2021
I can relate to Big 50 because I have Sarcoidious, I told her to drink some Cherry Juice. Big 50 is a survivor and she made it, I hope she meets Chaka Khan since Hollywood is her song. Big 50 made it to Hollywood.
Gets better
g_organ18 October 2021
I almost didn't give this movie a chance. The acting at first was a no for me. For some reason I kept watching and to my surprise it end up being a really good movie. The acting does get better. So if you gave it a bad review but didn't finish watching give it another chance and watch til the end.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent!!
patriceskidsinc1 October 2021
Remy Ma did a fantastic job in her first leading role. I think this role was made for her. I has never heard of the original Fifty but what a story!! Your life can change no matter what you have been through. That's why you shouldn't put people down. Salute to my favorite RAPPER REMY MA!!!! Can't wait to see you in future roles💪🏽
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Big Fifty Movie is epic
dedicatedlogistics-207012 October 2021
Great Movie a much needed in these times for people of color. A true story of struggle turned around. Peace and blessings Big Fifty.

The cast nailed this one.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing!
tncarmichael2 October 2021
This movie was excellent!! I laughed. I cried. It was a roller coaster of emotions. I was shocked at the performance of Remy Ma. I'm a fan of Tank's music but I never saw this side of him as an actor. People are sleeping on Russ Parr the director. His movies are consistently good. I used to listen to him in Los Angeles on 1580 KDAY almost 30 years ago I had no idea he was going to be such a terrific film maker. I highly recommend this movie however I wouldn't have small children watch.
7 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie!
taylortalia8 October 2021
This is a really great story! Good movie & the actors did an amazing job!
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BIG FIFTY!
majormovesmagazine8 October 2021
Movie was captivating, and the cast played their role well. Remy really showed out for her movie debut. I'm sure there is more to come from everyone.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie
cjcapone8 October 2021
This movie 🔥🔥🔥 is a must see 🔥🔥🔥 from the acting to to me the beautiful women in it and it's reality.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dope Movieeee
nathantheprophett8 October 2021
Loved this movie made me laugh and it was a dope story of a living legend.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Delrhonda Bigfifty Hood story
delrhondahood13 October 2021
Hi myself enjoy my movie thought it was awesome and amazing thanks to the cast I thought that movie shows about change turn a negative into a positive and for young ladies and young males not to and Dutch and such nonsense I hope this movie helped out from young to oh hi believe in me I also believe and what God has for me can't no one take it I appreciate everyoneFor watching the movie the big 50 hood story I wanted this movie to bring awareness to the youth thanks again I appreciate everyone to tune in and get something good out of this even though some parts was very sensitive but that's overall I personally think it was excellent I personally think that I will go far Again thank you guys for sharing your comments an interest blessings to all Bigfifty.
Good movie
mosleydeidra8 October 2021
Good ass movie dope as hell i wish it was more stars to give 🔥🔥😍😍
Raw... Real... loved it!
crbrower-288408 October 2021
I love a good come up story about us, and this was no exception.

This is an actual real American story... Ms. Big 50 deserves her flowers.
Very Good Movie
smorr-333898 October 2021
I really enjoy the movie!! Hearing about somebody story is one thing; but to Seeing someone story is another!! It gives hope to those that are out there that you can change and you do have choices to do something big with your life!!!
Great story
rosejohnson-037708 October 2021
I really enjoyed this movie and can't wait to see more about Big50. Remy and Tank did a wonderful job I laughed and cried. I love a movie with a great message🙌🏾
Awesome!
nicolerideaux8 October 2021
I loved it! Funny, sad, insightful! The actors did a good job portraying the real life characters.
Good job!
atoosa_y8 October 2021
The movie was great. I think Remy Ma did a great job portraying Big 50. Awesome.