The Fall of Usher (2021) Poster

3 for trying lol
clreviews13 July 2022
They tried to do Old English narration in a modern world. It was boring and looked cheap. Felt like college project. Acting was ok. It wasn't terrible, but needs improvement.probably don't watch it. Cuz will be waste of time.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Old Edgar Allen Poe Story Set In Modern Times
I remember watching Romeo & Juliette several years ago with Leonardo DiCaprio and liking it a lot. Sure, it's not easy to process old Shakespearean English in our day & age - and it's similar here, with "The Fall of Usher." I especially liked the part where Romeos' father says, "Bring me my broadsword," while grabbing a 12-gauge pump-action shotgun.

But, if you can get past that aspect of the film, I rather like the way Edgar Allen Poe wrote, way back when. And after that, I found the rest of this movie enjoyable enough. It's generally pretty slow in the narration and story-telling, and not necessarily really "scary" or containing a lot of cheap "jump scares."

Here, the horror lies in the descent of a mans' consciousness into madness and the process by which he finds himself undone. It's a slow, psychological kind of horror. I found the movie enjoyable enough.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
20 minutes was enough
dougjmaggi14 July 2022
I watched about 20 minutes of it, slow, dull, the way the guy narrates it simply doesn't work. I dislike not finishing a movie, but I just felt that I couldn't be bothered to continue on with it.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh. My. Gosh. I'd Rather Watch Paint Dry While Grass is Growing!
rebeltaz-1870528 August 2022
It is extremely rare that I will turn off a movie, no matter how bad it is. I like to at least see where it goes and I'm no quitter, but... I watched MAYBE twenty or thirty minutes of this snoozefest before I had to go to something else! The acting (if you want to call it that) is dry and emotionless. The story (what there is of it) is excruciatingly slow.

I am a huge fan of Edgar Allen Poe, but this would turn anyone off from ever reading the Master.

So apparently, you have to have 600 characters in a review. It's too bad there wasn't similar requirements on the writers, actors and directors when it came to creating this. Maybe it would have been better. Lord knows it couldn't have been worse.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.