Confessions of an Invisible Girl (2021) Poster

Cardboaed characters and stereotypical plot for such crucial message
witra_as10 October 2021
Brazillian dramedy tried to carry crucial message about the urge to fit within society mainly for young age, sweetly portrayed by Castanho. Anyhow Bruno Garroti couldn't avoid cardboard characters and stereotypical turnarounds to justify it.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sweet
iarasbelen29 September 2021
I really enjoyed this movie especially because they never did the big glow up on the main character. I also liked how most of the actors looked like they actually belonged to a high school.

The only thing I would say is that the last big problem in the movie seemed a bit unrelated to the main plot. Still, I think it was a sweet film (:
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exceptionally bad and cliché
autexousious1 October 2021
Netflix has been notorious for putting out cheesy budget teen movies, but this one takes the cake. I don't know what's up with Netflix Brazil, they have solid actors and good cinema, I'm sure they could do better.

The main character is unbearable. No one is that awkward IRL and she's all woe is me 24/7, even including during a funeral. A funeral. Which is when she's finally called out.

Overall it's not worth the watch. There are better teen movies.
Nice
kainacesar-9739425 September 2021
A nice movie. But some actors and actress is so bad. Klara castanho is good.
cre-3629526 September 2021
At first when I started watching the movie, I thought it would be just like most teenage movies as of now. Afterwards, I thought it had such a beautiful meaning behind it. To be a beautiful person, you just have to trust yourself and be caring to others. It's not your looks, but your personality and view of things. Also, it made me remember that being yourself is all that matters. Overall, a pretty good movie!
the immaturity of...
ops-5253522 September 2021
Adolescence the brazilian way, the humpedy-bumpedy ride of crisscrossing in the coming of age years, to find your place at the soscial ladder, pick and choose hateful or lovable friends, all the hormonal vorts popping up at the time least wanted, combined with arch-stupid parents and other family connections that tries to dig out a route for you in a societal system that noone above 16 years of age pathoms...

well you do all the excercises youve been through yourself sometime, it rolls like a ball in the labyrinth of holes or flaws or whatever, fast shifting settings, too much facial close ups, and absolutely to much verbal noise to be enjoyed by a grumpy old man.

So just another brazillian teenage dramedy, nothing new here, bullying and impertinense is just as universal as everywhere so just a 4 for its flatness and unoriginality.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I consider myself to open minded but..
neelsmail24 September 2021
.. this has to be almost borderline inappropriate mainstream tv crap I must have tried to watch. I had to give up after 15 minutes.

This is same as any other hollywood movie\tv series where girl after removing her glasses and straightening her hair becomes stunning. Guess what, they give sneak peek into how she will look.

Even if we consider crushes (and now social media) is inevitable part of growing up, there is more to it than that.

This becomes especially horrible to watch when you have just watched reddit threads on youtube about what is the life in Brazil is when it comes to safety of women.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Multitude of Teen Movie Stereotypes
imogenrippeth18 October 2021
Is there the 'nerdy girl chucks off her glasses and now she's a model' trope? Tick. And the gay best friend stereotype? Tick. And we mustn't forget the blonde mean girl trope in there.

Yes, it's guilty of relying on loads of overused stereotypes but that's not the only reason why it's such an awful movie. The characters are one dimensional. The plot is not creative, messy and mediocre. And the protagonist complains about everything. Your mate is mourning the loss of their grand parent and you're lamenting about falling in love with a womaniser. Now's not the right time to rant about your romantic predicament when your mate has lost someone super important to them.

So unless you like reductive stereotypes, slapdash plots and an irritating protagonist or are watching it ironically, this movie is not for you.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Somewhat clichéd teenage movie...
paul_haakonsen20 January 2022
When I sat down to watch the 2021 Brazilean comedy drama "Confissões de uma Garota Excluída" (aka "Confessions of an Invisible Girl"), I wasn't really sure what I was in for here, as I had heard nothing about the movie prior to watching it.

However, I was expecting it to be a teenage movie, given the movie's cover. And that exactly what "Confissões de uma Garota Excluída" was. But hold your horses here, because the storyline actually did have some entertainment value to it, because there was a good morale to the plot. So writers Bruno Garotti, Flávia Lins e Silva, Christiana Oliveira and Thalita Rebouças managed to put together an adequate script.

It should be said that the character gallery in "Confissões de uma Garota Excluída" was very cliché, even for a teenage movie.

The acting performances in "Confissões de uma Garota Excluída" were good. Sure, I wasn't familiar with a single actor or actress on the cast list here, but I will say that the actors and actresses put on good performances. And the movie was nicely carried by lead actress Klara Castanho.

Sure, "Confissões de uma Garota Excluída" was watchable, but it was also at the same time a somewhat generic teenage movie.

My rating of director Bruno Garotti's 2021 movie lands on a six out of ten stars.
I enjoyed it
mitsubishizero1 December 2021
I thought it was pretty good. Not sure what everyone else was saying. Maybe I'm bias because I'm learning Portuguese. Regardless, I enjoyed it.

I thought Tete was sweet girl. Awkward but likable and organic. Her friends too. It was a little cliched, but it still mostly flowed well in terms of the story. Her parents were terrible. It's amazing how misguided their help was for their daughter. Particularly the grandma-who was funny, and supportive, yet still oblivious like the rest.

As for the boyfriend, the scene where. Tete went off on him didn't make a lot of sense. She claims he cares about no one but himself, yet, his actions say otherwise. As for the mean girl, she was the typical mean girl, though they did go into why she was nasty.

The ending was nice though it wrapped up too all. They all kumbyad at the beach like besties.

Nitpicks aside, I liked it. If you have little kids or are looking for something in Portuguese, check this out.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely heartwarming and fun!
whytecrow6 February 2022
What a delightful, up-beat, fast paced movie set in such an interesting culture! I'm amazed at how good these child actors are. The music was a little piece of nirvana! Absolutely shocked at the super random low ratings. I guess anyone can rate anything on here. Give this movie a try. You'll like it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The main character was so annoying
heyhihello-8381821 September 2022
Honestly Tété was so annoying and a pick me. She knew Erick had a girlfriend yet she stalked him and had some moments with him. She tried desperately to get into a party she wasn't invited to, she went through multiple people until she was finally 'invited'. SORRY WHAT IS THE DRESS SHE WAS WEARING IN HER GLOW UP LOL AND THE HAIRSTYLE.

Also she was only thinking about herself and the guy she liked DURING HER 'BEST FRIEND' of like THREE MONTHS, GRANDPA'S FUNERAL.

The only part I liked was the mystery solving part at the end and the backstory between Valentina and the other chick whatever her name was.

Overall this movie annoyed me and especially the main character but it had a couple funny parts i guess.