Summer Ghost (2021) Poster

(2021)

It's beautiful
rahulbepari-785423 April 2022
If you going this kind of situation, it will make you cry a lot , it is something that touch your heart. The sound is good , it's makes you emotional.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You should give a chance
bobbyhankson15 July 2022
I started this movie just because the duration, didn't look special, but man I this really touch my heart the movie is beautiful, the animation Is great and the message is relatable and very well telling, the only problem is being too short I wish there's at least 1h30m.

Overall:Beautiful9/10.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really good Anime
nhosein-237756 July 2022
I love this anime This was one of my favorite experience.

Good story and really emotional.

How come this movie has a score of 7? This movie was great, it doesn't deserve it.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really underrated
joseesandra13 July 2022
This movie really needs more attention, it's short but very beautiful and even relatable. The music is relaxing the animation is great and the message that this movie gives it's so well executed.

I just wish this movie was a little longer, but is still amazing.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Relatable
mayankhattewar2 April 2022
This anime was so relatable and not going to lie it did really open up some feelings from before because i did think that life was meaningless and death was the reason I was living because life did feel like a chore but as the anime progressed it showed how I also made that same progress of finding happiness again and that's why this anime is truly fabulous for putting the words that we sometimes can't express into reality. So low-key this is a comfort anime and would recommend for people who are going through the hard part of life because it shows that you have come a long way surviving despite not knowing that it will be worth it or not but it does worth it , nothing was in vain.
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stunning but with one problem
bilybassoon12 July 2022
OK, the only problem is the duration should be at least 2 hours.

This movie is beautiful, the animation is stunning and the main theme is great and 80% of the audience will probably relate.

This movie is really underrated I really recommend to anyone it's just 40 minutes.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A bit short but beautiful..
anddowzs2 April 2022
Definitely 10/10. The music blessed my ears, the animation blessed my eyes. It's worth watching and it's short! Recommended. Beautiful... everything happens a bit fast but that's a good part for me.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Underrated and beautiful
josesantanloko23 July 2022
First of all this is not a movie for everyone, The story requires a lot of interpretation with so little time because the movie's pace is really fast so pay attention!

With that being said, in 45 minutes they've done a pretty good job telling a story. If they got like 70+ minutes to tell more about backstory of each character even more, I believe this movie could be much more emotional.

Artstyle is great, although the animation seem rough, the lighting and color tone are make up for it. Which help a lot to understand the character's view of the world.

Soundtrack is also great. It fit pretty well with the story, which make the story even more emotional by the end.

Overall, 9.5/10: for a short movie, It's really great, and I suggest you give it a try. The only thing holding it back is the pacing. It feels like they want to tell more, but they don't have much time.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's all about the execution
karolatys14 July 2022
Summer Ghost doesn't really discover anything new about the story it's telling, we've seen it endless times in all media and the whole thing can be read like a book form the first scenes. Nonetheless, this densely packed 40 minutes long movie still managed to grasp my heart more than once. Definitely recommended.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfection!
No-Life-1017 September 2022
Summer Ghost is a surprisingly emotional for a short film; the characters are well written that I got attached to them instantly and it was nice to see them slowly develop throughout the movie and develop their friendships with one another. The story is well-paced and interesting to watch, and the art is fantastic, this is probably my favourite art style to be honest, it's not too bright/colourful to be distracting nor too dark to be off-putting. The music fits perfectly too, I love the instrumentals they really fit with the theme of the movie, and they help tell the story of the movie too. The movie is easy to follow and to get through, I would highly recommend this to anyone.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing story but duration was too short
rajarshiroy-4853219 June 2022
Tha movie had great potential. The story line was lovely and it was a real tear jerker. However, there was too much content to be simply covered in 40 minutes. An anime adaptation or a 2 hour long movie would have been fitting. The art is marvellous and pleasing to the eye. The voice acting is decent. But the movie didn't do the story justice. It felt- rushed. We didn't get to familiarise ourself with the characters and we didn't get to see their story properly. We didn't get to see the characters develop their friendship and there werent many scenes to show that they were friends. The backstory of each and every character was rushed. There are certain story telling styles in which the story is told in an ambiguous manner to make the viewer decipher the story themself. The story telling was similiar, but it felt rushed even then. They were put together poorly. This could have been better if the characters had more to them. The simplicity simply made the movie mid. It could have been amazing, but it wasn't up to the mark. The movie left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied. All in all, it was a good movie with a deep and amazing story but poor story telling. Give it a watch.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's probably meaningful for a lot of kids.
cheathamg7 October 2022
This is a Japanese anime but they shot for an international audience by having all the printed material in Western alphabet. It is a slightly sad story about high school kids who are unhappy. What other kind is there? They want to make contact with a teenage ghost who was supposed to have died by suicide. They do make contact but her story is not as simple as they thought. The film is sweet and involving and I recommend it but it's not without flaws, especially towards the end where matters get a little chaotic. As I said, I recommend it, particularly for young people. It is aimed at that audience with a narrative revolving around the difficulties of making your way in a world filled with judgement, frustration and downright cruelty.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.