Shifted (2022) Poster

(2022)

Agatha Christie meets zombies!
HorrorFan579926 August 2022
Saw this at Buffalo Dreams Fantastic Film Festival - it's best described as an Agatha Christie type mystery with zombies! Really well acted, shot nicely and edited well to keep you guessing throughout. Good for horror fans and those who enjoy mystery/thrillers, highly recommended.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't miss out on this fun slow burn
wwbcd-2763131 August 2022
Normally I am not a fan of slow burns. This however kept me entertained throughout. I was lucky enough to catch this movie at a film festival. There was the right amount of unintentional humor and the smallest amount of intentional humor. Definitely a hard line to walk and they did it in such a great way. Great reveal of the monster, but even without that the movie holds up. The lead actor has such an amazing decent into madness. They did such a great job at setting the tone that I actually felt uncomfortable in my seat at times. The bleak feeling of dread was palpable. I am hoping that the open ending leading room for a sequel isn't just a tease. I need more.
Intrigue and uneasiness
aboussetta-503326 October 2022
Very original.movie! Sherlock Holmes or Hercules Poirot In a zombie world. Every cast member put on a great performance and each character no longer how small or big was vital to the movie's success. We were very estastic to see the movie premier in Kitchener ( the city where all the killings too place !!!). Very dark, dystopian and clever.

The actors are very talented and convincing of what is going on. Which makes the entire experience very freaky and too realistic.

If you liked Heretics, the shining, and that flavour of suspense you will adore this movie.

A must watch. Also very impressive once we know about the movie budget !!!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I really enjoyed Shifted!
khrahnen-0435812 October 2022
This latest effort by Fable Forest Films is a departure from their pervious projects, however they seemed to find their mark with this thriller/horror film. Written by Jason T. Green and Adrian Konstant, Shifted takes into a world where the characters are fighting for survival on multiple fronts. No one is safe if they stay where they are, no one is safe if they leave. No one knows who or what can save them.

The ensemble cast of actors do a great job of engaging the audience and bringing this story to life. Michael Wurtz and and Derek Lackenbauer give especially strong performances.

Overall this is a great piece of independent film work and a must watch for anyone who is looking for an original thriller/horror type experience.
Outstanding!
brianallison-736616 October 2022
"Shifted" is an outstanding cinema experience! Fable Forest Films keeps the pedal to the metal in this this horror whodunit.

The cinematography throughout is just excellent. Director Adrian Konstant blends great camera angles, lighting and a well-dressed set to punctuate the overall creepy feel of this horror thriller. The sense of isolation is depicted so vividly and with great care.

The cast is also ten-star worthy. Derek Lackenbauer is to be commended for his apt skills in depicting the sinister character of Derek and is backed by a great ensemble cast.

Overall, an excellent installment from Fable Forest Films!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More than your average Indie thriller!
joynme-922136 October 2022
This film is on another level! The intense storyline builds with each new character that is introduced and all the actors played out their role within the complicated group dynamics so well. Even though the movie concept and filming began pre-pandemic, we can all now relate to being stuck in a house with a group of people driving us crazy! It is the kind of horror film where you are focused on the wrong enemy at first and then there is a twist that draws you in even further. Not to mention that the cinematography, special effects and make-up were nothing short of what you would expect in a major Hollywood film. A must see movie for this Halloween!