The Good, the Bart, and the Loki (2021) Poster

Disappointing
jjburkekid27 July 2021
I was excited to see this short to see the collaboration with the Simpsons and the MCU. When I watched it, I was expecting more. The runtime should've been 15 minutes at most. I feel like the whole reason for this short was to show off the Simpsons as Marvel characters. Also, how no one cared about Bart at all was really sickening. Soon, he might become the Meg of the Simpsons. Overall it's an underwhelming short.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For God's sake Disney we get it!
AdrenalinDragon8 July 2021
Stop bragging about being able to use Marvel characters in The Simpsons. We get it Disney you own Fox now big deal! Also not that funny and just a waste of time for how little plot there is.

3.5/10.
26 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ok, you bought them. now move on
ga_sker23 July 2021
A way for Disney to brag that they bought out Fox & Marvel. Not really a story line to follow.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Focused too much on the "gimmick"
spacemafia9 July 2021
I feel as though this short had too much of a focus on the gimmick (i.e. The crossover, the artwork in the credits and the characters being in their Avengers form) and little to no focus on the storyline which was strongly lacking and also very disappointing. Take The 8-Bit Guy's analogy as to why he preferred the games for the original Game Boy rather than those made for the Game Boy Color as an example, the reason why he preferred the original is because they actually had good gameplay, and the ones for the Color focused too much on the graphics and not much on the gameplay. I think that analogy applies here as well. This short tried to wow the viewers with the graphics and artwork, yet they fell through and failed on the storyline. AT THE VERY LEAST it would have been cool to see what Bart would be like as an Avenger, and yet that (for obvious reasons) didn't happen because of what Loki and Lisa did. I just can't help but feel very disappointed.

Update/Edit - I'm gonna have to disagree with Amelia Ortega on this one. It might seem fun, but out of all Simpsons characters to play as Marvel characters, I wish Bart was one of them, as I think it would have been really cool as this would totally be his thing. Sadly, we visit the root issue: what Lisa and Loki inevitably did which stopped that from happening. That seems to be all there is to the failing storyline.
20 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why is the title a reference to a classic spaghetti western?
Pjtaylor-96-13804411 July 2021
This Marvel/ Simpsons crossover is far too fleeting to be anything other than utterly inconsequential, despite it having a couple of amusing moments sprinkled throughout. It's essentially all just an advert for Disney+, to be honest. Any potential the piece may have had is squashed by its incredibly short length and the fact that it just feels like a bunch of half-baked ideas haphazardly tossed together. It's not necessarily bad, but it's barely anything, really. 4/10.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Insulting!
Rithrius8 July 2021
Once more, David Silverman proves he's not a human being. They saw something popular (In this case, Loki) and assumed that if they simply shoved a bunch of Simpsons characters into their costumes, it would automatically be popular as well.

The humor is not funny. The jokes are not clever. The writers have clearly never seen one of the MCU movies, or didn't care enough to make a worthwhile parody. If the creators of this project had any respect for themselves, they would've been able to make a full-length episode with clever jokes and references that put a smile on your face, instead of a 3-minute short with an extremely dated form of comedy and references that don't even make sense.

It is an insult. Not only to fans of Marvel, but also to its creators, and everyone who worked hard on the cinematic adaptations. The Simpsons have long been a tired, old, and exhausted franchise, and this proves it once again.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wtf was this and why was it made?
jmrtjtj15 July 2021
Like honestly it was a simple plain old mess and boring even it was literally 4 minutes and 30 seconds long. It was just a whole meh the entire way through.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I did not enjoy it...
pixiees20 July 2021
All it was just a crossover absolutely ridiculous I did not enjoy it at all.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Low Key Effort.
southdavid12 July 2021
Back in May, the Simpsons/Star Wars crossover short hit to celebrate "Star Wars Day"... now.. timed, I guess to be in the same week as the finale of "Loki" - but not on the actual day? - is another Disney Corp crossover, this time with Marvel.

Cast out from Asgard, the god of Mischief Loki (Tom Hiddleston) is sent to Springfield, to live with the Simpsons. There, his ability to make Pork chops has Homer (Dan Castellenta) worshiping him, but tricks soon have the rest of the town activating their Avengers modes to move him along again.

The problem with this, even more so than with the Star Wars short, is that it's not really designed to do anything other than show off a bit of corporate synergy. To draw some of the Simpsons characters as Marvel ones, there's not really much of a story to it, nor are any of the jokes particularly inspired. The pairings of the MCU and Simpsons characters occasionally is clever, Barney and Tony Stark sharing a drinking problem for example, but others seem almost random.

To declare any real dislike for it, is to give it more genuine thought than anyone involved in its production really did, but if Disney are going to produce more of these, I'd prefer them to invest a little more time in the writing and actually tell a real story. (The Disney shorts accompanying the films manage to do that and introduce their characters - a little more that please).
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I expected much more
nicorip228 July 2021
I expected much more, although we know it is a short, they could have done something much better.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the end of culture
mzucker-3957411 July 2021
Disney has consumed and monetized everything we know and love and is now rubbing it in our faces and this five minute abomination perfectly represents how unflinchingly greedy and disgustingly "self-aware" theyve become as a corporation

but dont go after tom hiddleston we like tom hiddleston.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
disgusting thing done by Marvel
aastikhimta8 July 2021
Sorry what I just saw . A short story would be like 10 -15 minutes story but wtf was it. A 4 min crossover.
24 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Remember when Simpsons wasn't terrible
IndecentLouie9 July 2021
I remember when Simpsons wasn't terrible, I just want Disney to crash and burn and surely this comment will do just that.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well, at least it's not a full episode
Darwinskid19 August 2021
Yes, yes, yes, The Simpsons should have ended years ago and this tie-in is just another way for Disney to once again kindly illustrate that they own both FOX and Marvel, but how is it overall? Just...Fine. It's short so it doesn't overstay its welcome, it's not particularly funny but I suppose you can do worse with The Simpsons these days. Tom Hiddleston of course is excellent, no problem there, the animation on Loki however is rather flat - granted, The Simpsons was never a visually strong series to begin with, but they've been fairly lifeless in emotional display for I don't know how long it just doesn't do justice to the voice acting.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
That was just bad
marlin_max12 July 2021
For me this was a proof, that Simpsons has run out of ideas.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two tired franchises
mastermixdisaster11 July 2021
What do you get when you cross an animated series that has long outlived it's expiration date with a cinematic franchise that has overstayed it's welcome?

This.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Comic book guy was quicksilver 😂😭
This was much shorter than I expected it to be (only 4 and a half minutes long) but it wasn't bad. It was actually very wholesome for the short time it had. Watch it if your a marvel or simpsons fan but otherwise meh.
7 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This crossover felt like incomplete and not creative at all
witra_as13 September 2021
Felt like an incomplete short film. It was disappointing cause we were expecting a lot from David Silverman to explore creative ideas of MCU & The Simpsons' crossover. In the end, only artwork teasing here and there left something to be desired.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The name longer than the clip
mohdiwany9 July 2021
Marvelous idea for the Simpsons , but it's too short 🙄
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shorter than we expected but wholesome
solouma7 July 2021
Very funny, Tom as brilliant as ever and then there's the endgame theme song.. oh the nostalgia Awesome short, I wish it were longer.
6 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
its just nothing
baassi6 January 2022
Sorry but wtf did I just watch bunch of characters with no real story going around just at the end showing the fact that homer cares about people that gives him some benefits.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed 🤔
danielleritchie-540477 November 2021
Love the idea as I'm a masive marvel fan. Was looking forward to watching this even though it's a short. But was very disappointed they could have made this alot longer I just got into watching it then 2 mins later........ disappointing.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ok but I wish it was longer
nicholasloghin8 July 2021
I enjoyed this short movie. It was funny, but I wish it was longer. I wish Homer and Marge were superheroes too.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good crossover
elliotpower20007 July 2021
Even though it is a short (very short) I found it very funny making fun of Loki as a character and lots of MCU references.
4 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't listen the the haters!
Eayberg9413 July 2021
Why are people hating on this so much?

Just enjoy the fact Disney are using everything at there disposal and stop moaning about everything. It's a fun 4 minutes!
3 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.