The Lego Movie (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 44 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for mild action and rude humor|
Sex & Nudity
- In ones scene, a LEGO police officer states that a main character has Ben "convulsing with a strange piece" in which he replies, "that's disgusting!" Could be a reference to adult toys and is probably the most overlooked adult joke in film history.
- (NOTE: This is a LEGO "brickfilm", a movie that is filmed with LEGO figurines and bricks. There is no hint or content of or at genitalia, but there are some sexual references, though not explicitly stated.)
- Wyldstyle says that Batman is her boyfriend and calls him "babe".
- The main Lego character briefly walks out of his apartment naked. But, because the character is a LEGO figurine, he has no genitalia.
- A running gag throughout the movie is that people are mesmerized by a repetitive and poorly-written TV show in which a man can't find his pants, and walks around in what appears to be thong underwear. Of course, being made of LEGOs, the man has no genitalia.
- Lando Calrissian remarks Wyldstyle as "a heavenly body". Only scene here that explicity states a sexual comment.
Violence & Gore
- (NOTE: This is a LEGO "brickfilm", so there is no blood and and little or no gore.)
- Bad Cop ends up gluing his parents.
- Several fights between LEGO characters including punching and flipping, this is also nonviolent and meant to have a cartoon feel.
- Vitruvius's head is cut off with a coin and dies (the whole scene is mostly comical and non-gory).
- In a car chase, Deputy figures fire automatic weapons with plastic lasers at a male figure (he is struck, the outcome is shown later).
- A nearby wall falls on a robot (We see the severed head).
- A police figure drives his cruiser across the tops of moving train cars, shoots out a trestle, and causes three other figures to fall off the bridge and onto the ground (they are unharmed).
- In two scenes, Lucy and Emmett from robot attacks by using karate kicks and punches to knock down the attackers (One is stabbed through the chest, but the sword is penetrating from the legs; another one has it's arms dismembered).
- Bad Cop chases a construction worker and a freedom fighter on foot; other cops join Bad Cop and they all shoot plastic pieces (lasers) at the two, simulating handguns and automatic rifles, hitting no one; the construction worker falls off a motorcycle (no injury is visible).
- Bad Cop arrests several figures as other cops handcuff them and lead them away to a skyscraper; cops chain the captives, stand them in small compartments and shock them with electricity. We see sparks as they shout in pain.
- Lord Business orders his computer mainframe to "destroy everyone" with a time bomb.
- A horde of robots attack and glue many civilians, while others are fighting them with makeshift machines.
- Emmett builds a giant mechanized robot and attacks a horde of robots alongside others
- In a Old West bar scene, LEGO figures break bottles and chairs over each other's heads (This is meant to be comical).
- MetalBeard and his crew are shown fighting against robots (He ends up getting out with his head and organs [we see the outline of the organs]).
- The Man Upstairs is shown dismantling parts and putting them back (All of it is then shown through the LEGO world).
- A laser is shown pointed towards Emmett, and there is no impact (We do see signs of pain).
- A hovercraft shaped like a LEGO 2x2 brick explodes (No violence, however a person is shown flying from the wreckage).
- Batman and MetalBeard both say the slang term "crap" as exclamations
- Towards the end a micromanager is chasing a woman with cats then says stay the hell still
- BadCop says "darn, darn, darn, darny, darn
- In the song "everything is awesome" played over the credits it sounds like the word "freaking" is used, but i have looked at the lyrics and it is not there
- Emmet says "Oh, my...". Then Emmet spells "G-O-S-H".
- One incomplete "what the-".
- (NOTE: This is a LEGO "brickfilm", so it is meant to be for kids. But however there is some brief obscene profanity in this movie, And references to objects that are similar in more adult movies.)
- 5 mild anatomical terms, 14 mild obscenities, 7 altered religious exclamations (e.g., "Oh my Gosh"), and quite a few minced oaths (e.g., dang, darn, darny darn, Oh man!, kill, heck, Wow, gosh, et al.)
- Name-calling (hippy dippy baloney, stupid, crazy, insane, dumb, loser, lame, ding dong, dorky, old man, useless, liar, cowardly, special snowflake, unspecial and weird.)
- Stereotypical (though unoffensive) references to wizards, heroes, Big Business CEOs, Big Oil, women, men, followers, the police, cats, Mexicans, the Scottish, TV personalities, micromanagers and controlling fathers.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Cowboy figures drink from glasses of what may be beer in a saloon scene. In that same scene a character spits into a spittoon but the use of chewing tobacco is not implied.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Emmett falls through a completely, grotesquely, distorted hole after saving his friends, his whole vision is grotesque. He then re-enters Bricksburg.
- Cleopatra attempts suicide by holding a snake so it bites her. Played for laughs and will likely fly over most kids heads.
- Unikitty becomes very sad when Cloud Cucoland is destroyed.
Violence & Gore
- Lord Business decapitates Vitruvius, killing him.
- Han Solo and other beloved characters from the Star Wars franchise are eaten by the Exogorth. Some sensitive/young fans of Star Wars may be offended/scared.
- At the beginning, Vitruvius says the first lines, "He is coming! Cover your butt!"
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Part of Bad Cop's face (the Good Cop face) is erased using nail polish remover. After, his parents are frozen in place with Krazy Glue.
- A man is interrogated by a cop and is taken to the "Melting Chamber". However, this entire scene is comical not meant to be scary.
- Vitruvius is killed by decapitation. While not bloody or graphic, it is rather sad. He is reincarnated as a ghost, which is played for comedic effect.