Booksmart (2019) Poster

(2019)

Saw in an Advanced screening a month early. I loved it!!!
xianicox24 April 2019
I saw an advanced screening a month before it came out in theaters and it was hilarious!! Totally worth seeing in theaters! One of the best comedies so far this year
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
absolute perfection
DeoxyribonucleicDanny25 April 2019
I loved every second of it!!! i was laughing the entire time it was absolutely hilarious!! the vibrant colors and closeness of everything and the cinematography and soundtrack, everything ties together perfectly with the film's themes on how we perceive others, challenging stereotypes, exploring and learning new things about ourselves, etc.

I'm definitely buying this on dvd <3
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Haven't laughed that hard in a while
aghayman19 April 2019
I just came out of a pre-screening of Booksmart at my college, and I have not laughed that hard while watching a movie in a long time. I went in with low expectations and I left with tears still in my eyes. One of the best comedies so far this year in my opinion.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow-ed by advanced screening (hilarious and beautiful)
hughe-2539425 April 2019
This is not another teen movie. Very smart writing that reflects how teenaged people actually talk, act and break stereotypes. Every character is endearing and fun to get to know - so well-developed that you want to follow each of them off to college, not just the protagonists. The main characters share a deep friendship that felt very familiar to myself and fellow movie-goers and was full of the off-best silliness bestfriendness (akin to Superbad but with more complex character development). As a filmmaker, film scholar and culture writer, this film felt like breathing (when I wasn't choking on my laughter). Olivia Wild is a talented director and you can feel the influence of her previous experience directing music videos and short films. Beautifully hilarious. I laughed during 80% of the film. But, also engaging to watch. There are some fun editing, creative uses of camera angle and film tricks to get more laughs and tears. The panda. The pool scene. The awesome use soundtrack. You gotta see this film. Will be buying and teaching this film in my classes for sure.
Hysterical Fun
Iblinkfor18225 April 2019
I just got home from seeing an advanced screening of the movie "BookSmart." It was fantastic. I haven't laughed that much at the movies since "The Hangover." I also have to mention that all of the actors were just wonderful. Little Eve from "Last man standing" is all grown up!! I would suggest to anyone of any age who wants to see a feel good, funny, well acted and we'll written movie needs to go see this! A++++ for me all the way.
Hilarious!
kasey-loden25 April 2019
I saw an advanced screening tonight and I thought it was so funny! There is a lot of crude humor so if you're more conservative, this might not be the movie for you. If you enjoy ridiculous characters, girl friendships, The appropriately placed f-bomb, this movie is for you!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superbad for a new generation.
joseph-chavarria25 April 2019
Laughs, though provoking dialog and potty mouth humor is nice woven together. The seeming hodge podge cast, actually comes together perfectly.

The humor consistent, energy is high, and the characters are lovable. Skyler really delivers as secondary in this cast. Many may know him from the Santa clarity diet and he doesn't disappoint.

Probably not something you want to take young kids to. Teens in high school will relate and love the level of humor. As a parent I wouldn't mind my kids seeing this if only to give Them perspective on life after high school.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just another brain-dead script with dirty words and sexual references.
TxMike27 March 2019
Why can't scriptwriters come up with good scripts? Because it isn't easy. So what do they do? Instead they take the easy path, have characters discuss sexual encounters and use the F-word as often as they can fit it in. That's what goes for scripts in modern movies targeting the teenage and young adult crowd. I guess it is "cool" to cuss and discuss things in the theater that are normally not mentioned in public.

This movie, "Booksmart", is one of those. There are so many really good movies around, why would anyone want to spend their time and money seeing one like this? There is an answer, it eludes us.
16 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brainless coming of age
mauriziopirasmetal29 March 2019
Another boring coming of age for whining millenials.Unlikeable characters and a pathetic story.Don't waste your money
16 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie
iamudayajackson9 April 2019
I watched this movie Decent film One time watchable Nothing to say wow
5 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.