Zero to Hero (2021) Poster

(2021)

An emotional roller coaster
Gordon-115 September 2021
This is such a touching story, that it made my very many times. The dialogues are very strong. There are many occasions where a sentence can evoke many lasting emotions. Production is great as well. It really makes viewers feel a roller coaster of feelings throughout the film. I really enjoyed watching this film.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Inspirational
ks-6050013 November 2021
It is a true life of a handicapped athlete story So Wa Wei. I tried not to watch as feel this kind of story is always the same. But the details really touching and belief yourself, never give up even is what everyone can say, but how many can make it indeed? World record holder story just prove attitude and her mum belief is the matter.
0 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Autrocious! The worst Netflix movie I've seen so far
OJT19 November 2021
I was fooled into this due to it's 6,7 rating on imdb after 350 votes. This movie is ridiculing paralympics athletes and people with disadvantages.

I've never even seen anything close to this awful mess of a movie.

This is supposed to be a "Biopic tribute to So Wa Wai, Hong Kong's first Paralympic athlete to win gold. Even if you start at a disadvantage, you can still be first across the finish line." Are you kidding me? Even the title is laughable and digusting!

OK, we know Chinese and also Hong Kong-movies can be full of over-acting. But this is absolutely rediculous! I don't know if it tries to be funny, but it's laughably bad. The director must be ret#rded. So must the composer or rather the one putting together the score as well.

Even the editing is rediculous. It's unbelievably bad!

The trailer tries to hide how bad it is, but it slips thrpough, but it'æs first when you have seen 15-20 minutes of the film you realize this is absolute rubbish.

The worst film I've seen in at lest 5 years, and the worst ever on Netflix.

The only thing positive is production value. CGI is bad, but production value is OK.

How anyone can like this is not quite understandable. Even if you have sympathy wth the actors or paralympic athletes, thisfilm is a disgrace to So Wa Wai.

I hope he never sees this, even if I'm sure he is bound to. What an utter disgrace!

If you want a laugh this might be the film. It's that bad.
2 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So Wa Wai's life
DogePelis201518 November 2021
It is the first Hong Kong film I have seen on Netflix and it has not disappointed me; it is a very fascinating true story. TOTALLY RECOMMENDED!

It's good that Netflix delivers quality content to us.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Go to cinema and support local film
madbird-612439 October 2021
Very meaningful story with extraordinary actors. Worth a watch to support HK film.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Good
atractiveeyes10 November 2021
Hong Kong's official submission to 2022's Oscars is decent and inspiring. Its true story is uplifting and beautiful. It's an emotional roller coaster. It's only issue is that at times it gets cheesy and dramatic in a forced way. Performances are great. All in all, it's still very good and enjoyable.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
some feelings
j_movie22 August 2021
Gonggongzheng's inspirational films can be seen as a control group with great dad. Compared with Dad, they are more sensational and unrestrained, but they have more memory in the story. It's not so much "Mom's magic boy" as "Mom of magic boy". The narrative focus and perspective have their own considerations, so it can only be said to be stable. Wu Junru's performance was not a big surprise. For actors at her level, such role shaping is completely within the scope of ability, but at the moment when similar actors are weak, they may still receive a nomination for the queen of the golden statue.
0 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not ordinary but extraordinary
joykimlee20 November 2021
Emotionally engaging, entertaining and inspirational.

Can't remember how many years has passed since I've enjoyed a HK movie. Firstly, the movie title Zero to Hero is aptly brilliant. Know from the start what you're in for - a biopic of underdog to wonderboy. Our hero So Wa Wai is Hong Kong's first gold medallist paralympian ... the theme for Chariots of Fire silently goes off playing in my head.

Watched with mum on Netflix today. I cried from start to end, whilst mum cried only in one scene when the hero puts a gold medal over his mother's neck.

Acting is so convincing that one would think if all three newbie actors of different ages portraying the hero are actually handicapped or not. The young child, the school kid and the adult all superbly showcase distinctive facial nuances, voice spasms and movement reflexes of a handicap. And please excuse me, I do not mean to call So Wa Wai a handicap. So Wa Wai is a hero.

HK has always performed well in paralympics. I wish for HKSAR govt to support paralympians even more with the success of this movie bringing to forefront the struggles of paralympians and athletes.

Brilliant! I love it.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
To see another side of life
cfy14 November 2021
It's a warm story that'a easy to watch and get into for a relaxing time. It's well made and it's fun to watch Ng Kwan Yu take this on so well as the loving mother. It's just fun.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.