The Raven (I) (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated R for bloody violence and grisly images|
Sex & Nudity
- The heroine's cleavage is on display in at least one scene.
- One or two mentions of eroticism and/or innuendo.
- No sex or nudity.
- The hero kisses his lady love a few times. They begin to kiss passionately, and he unties the strings on the front of her dress, but they stop.
Violence & Gore
- A man is sliced in half with a swinging blade.
- A man's throat is sliced.
- We see several bloody, mangled corpses, including one of a 12-year-old girl.
- There are guns and shooting.
- One of the main characters is shot in the shoulder, and he howls in pain as a doctor digs for the bullet with a knife.
- A cadaver is tortured.
- We also see a dead cat, a dead raven, a human heart (being eaten by a raccoon), and a human tongue.
- Several scenes of characters being punched and beaten.
- Extremely grisly murders, with gallons of spurting, gurgling blood.
- One "f---ing,". Other words include "s--t," "damn," "bastard," "son of a bitch," "hell," "twat," "whore," "piss," "goddamn," and "oh my God."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Poe's also seen smoking cigarettes, and he's referred to as an "opium addict", though drugs are never shown.
- Some social drinking.
- Poe is shown to be an alcoholic. He drinks a lot -- mostly brandy and whisky -- though he's not always drunk (when he is, he's belligerent and abrasive).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Lots of violent, intense scenes.