Mr. Pip (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for disturbing situations involving violence and threat, and for some mature thematic material and brief language|
Sex & Nudity
- There is a scene that may have involved a woman being gang-raped, we see a bloody woman on the ground and a man reach for the buckle of his pants while the other men stand around her. Her daughter sees this, and a man lifts her skirt, implying she will also be raped, but she is not.
Violence & Gore
- The film takes place during a civil war and violence is referenced a few times.
- 3 uses of shit, and a few other mild profanities.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The final third of the movie contains some extremely disturbing and intense content. Whilst there is little violence on-screen, a great deal is implied off-screen including rape and dismemberment. The film can be very difficult to watch during these scenes.
Violence & Gore
- A man is shot in the chest in front of a large crowd, including children. We see blood spray and a bloody wound. He falls to the ground and is shot a second time (off-screen). Some blood is visible, and it is quite shocking and disturbing.
- A man's dead body is dragged away by several men, and it is implied they cut up the body and feed it to pigs. We see them hacking at something with machetes and hear grotesque sounds and pigs squealing. No violence shown on-screen but it is still very disturbing.
- A woman is dragged away from a large crowd by several men to a secluded beach. Her teenage daughter is later bought to the beach, and sees her mother screaming and one man rolling off of her, implying she has been gang-raped. Her face is bloody and beaten. A man then lifts the daughters skirt, and the mother says that the men can kill her if they don't rape her daughter. The woman is dragged a few meters away and the men begin hacking at her with machetes off-screen. We hear her scream and her daughter turns away.There is no blood or gore visible, but the scene is extremely disturbing and emotional.
- A young boy is taken by several men to be killed. His mother cries and falls to the floor and asks to be taken with him. Their dead bodies are later seen. No violence shown on screen, but it is still very emotional and disturbing.
- A village is raided by rebel soldiers. Only the aftermath is seen, including a dog that has been killed. It is briefly seen with its stomach cut open with blood and entrails visible, and its young owner cries over it. Disturbing and sad, but not very graphic.
- A village is raided by rebel soldiers. They take all the belongings out of people's homes and set them all on fire. No violence, but this scene is fairly upsetting.