The Lorax (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for brief mild language|
Sex & Nudity
- Ted gets kicked in the butt by a boot
- Some heart underwear belonging to the oncler are seen on a bear
- In a fantasy, a boy kisses a girl he likes
- Ted accidentally rides his motorbike into a bathroom and Amman is showering. Should see him stick his head out from behind the curtain and scream like a girl.
- In the scene where the forest creatures are in the oncler's house, the oncler pulls his pants down and starts changing out of his pajamas. You see his legs and his pants drop to his ankles.
- A character makes a crude remark about gender
- A character references a man's body
Violence & Gore
- The Lorax accidentally punches a man in the face as he wakes up.
- Mild animated violence, but nothing terribly frightening or gross.
- O Hare says "damn it" after Ted, Audrey, and Grammy get into the elevator. That's the reason why the movie received a PG rating
- Some rude words such as "stupid", "idiot", "darn", and "dirtbag"
- Aggressive yelling is used during a musical sequence. Not profane but could unsettle young children
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A product advertisement is a parody of stereotypical beer advertising, including a parody of the phrase "please drink responsibly".
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A child on a motorized scooter drives through a field of sharp axes for a few seconds.
- The Once-Ler's bed is put in a river while he's sleeping in it - an intense scene follows depicting the Once-Ler in a very dangerous situation, culminating in him almost falling down a waterfall, which may be frightening to some viewers.
- The Once-Ler almost dies after being thrown from a waterfall to a nearby bank. While the resulting scene with the Lorax giving him CPR is mainly handled comically, it may be confusing to some younger viewers who are not familiar with the first aid concept, and also may be unsettling to watch due to its slight tension and the urgency of the situation.
- There's a musical scene where the Once-Ler is portrayed as a giant man destroying the forest and scaring the animals away. This scene is slightly bizarre, and may frighten small children, as the music is also loud and strange.
- The Once-ler aggressively yells at the Lorax while driving him backwards down a staircase.