Le Règne des super-héroïnes (TV Movie 2021) Poster

1 Review
An enjoyable documentary...
paul_haakonsen19 November 2021
I stumbled upon the 2021 documentary "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" by random chance. And having spent a lot of time in my late teens and early adult years reading comic books, and having just recently returned to the world of comics, of course I opted to sit down and watch this documentary from directors Xavier Fournier and Frédéric Ralière.

"Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" does offer a good amount of insight into the world of female-front superhero comic books, so it actually proved to be an entertaining, enjoyable and enlightening documentary. And it is one that I definitely can recommend you watch, especially if you read comic books.

This documentary does get around some of the currently major superhero titles that has females in the lead, as well as covering the classic Wonder Woman character, whom helped start the wave of female-fronted comic books with superheroes.

While "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" is a documentary that uses both French and English language, you shouldn't let that scare you or prevent you from sitting down to watch it.

I learned a lot of new stuff as I sat through "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes", despite the fact I am not reading these particular titles that were covered by the documentary.

My rating of "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" lands on a six out of ten stars.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.