The Smurfs (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Could be better
rubytheslar15 November 2021
As a regular viewer of the smurfs, I was happy when we got a new series. The plot is okay since I understood that the story is mostly episodic, but the voice acting in the English dub could use a bit more work, the voices were alright, but some lines were executed poorly IMO, its as if their voices were strained while they speak (Poet, Chef, Greedy, and Jokey's VA were good tho!). There were voices who didn't quite match the characters. I'm not sure if its the lack of available voice actors, but still some of them didn't match.

So yeah, I'm pretty much neutral with this series, mixed feelings with the dubs. I'm just hoping that it'll get better over time since I really love watching the smurfs and there's some potential for it to be better :D.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The new smurfs cartoon has none of the charm and no substance
afijamesy2k11 September 2021
Although it's a little better than the truly dreadful live action smurf movies, this tv show reboot of the wonderful 1981-89 classic based on the 50's comic strip still has none of the charm nor style of the original, although it does have some funny moments, the rest is too predicable, self righteous and truly boring, the original smurfs had more bite it will, like the other reboots, smurfs was based on classics, what it doesn't have is the same level of charm as the original, papa smurfs just bores me

I Gave the smurfs a D.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't like it.
crowljamie10 September 2021
The jokes are not funny, The Smurfs character personality are meh and the girl one is not in the original costume, it does have no butt and fart jokes for now and the Animation it great. Also it's based on a franchise that all ready was made.
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.