The Help (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 8 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic material|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman's cleavage was shown a few times, both from afar and up close
- A few women were shown in their undergarments while changing clothes
Violence & Gore
- Celia has a miscarriage, and we see her on the bathroom floor, a brief image of (a lot) of blood between her legs, as she screams. She later buries the child in her front yard, with her other miscarriages. She has never told her husband.
- 4 uses of go***mn
- 7 instances of "sh--", 2 uses of "g--damn", 1 use of "a--hole". A dozen or more uses of "n----r".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Virtually everyone, Skeeter included, smokes. And in a self-conscious wink at people's attitudes toward smoking during that era, Skeeter's boss says, "I guarantee you one day they're going to figure out that cigarettes kill you."
- Social drinking is almost as frequent as the smoking. Many scenes picture (white) people downing mixed drinks or martinis. A would-be-suitor for Skeeter is obviously drunk, and he keeps ordering shots. Celia is likewise inebriated at a socialite event, and is sick (off screen). Hilly drinks and drives in one scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Very dramatic movie, many heavy scenes