Prometheus (I) (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and a women start to kiss and are shown walking into a room. Sex is implied.
- A little into the movie , characters start awakening from chryo-sleep and are barely wrapped in guaze over private parts.
- After awakening from chryo-sleep, showered no nudity, a woman is in a thin robe.
Violence & Gore
- An alien is removed from a woman's abdomen via automated cesarean. We see a laser slice through her flesh, a claw removes the alien sac and then the wound is stapled shut. At one point the alien sac bursts, causing a blood-like liquid to explode everywhere, at which point the woman reaches inside the wound and detaches the umbilical cord. Most graphic moment of the film.
- A human-like alien drinks a black liquid that causes him to writhe in pain. Black veins appear all over his body and he begins to disintegrate, and his arm snaps and he hits the ground before falling off of a cliff into some water below.
- A human-like alien fights with a squid-like alien. They are both killed during the fight. Later, a creature bursts out of the human-like alien's chest, which is shown quite graphically.
- A highly-realistic android is decapitated by an alien. The android's head is then used to bludgeon an elderly man in head, killing him (a large bruise and blood is shown).
- A severed alien head is reanimated, and later gorily explodes.
- A huge spaceship crashes to the ground, as two women try to run away. One woman falls and is crushed offscreen.
- A woman is caught in a huge statically-charged silicon-storm, and is nearly swept away.
- A man has a badly bloodshot eye, and when he looks in a mirror, he sees a small creature wriggling in it.
- An alien throws two people at a wall, presumably killing them.
- A woman hits two people with a metal bar, knocking them unconscious.
- A woman slams an android against the wall during an argument.
- 3 uses of the "f" word (1 is obscured by static), 10 uses of the "s" word, at least 10 uses of "hell," 4 of "damn," 3 of "laid," 2 uses of the "V" sign, 2 of "son of a bitch" and 1 use each of "bastard" and "bugger." Also heard are 14 uses of "oh God," 10 of "oh my God," 5 of "Goddamn," 7 each of "Jesus" and its variations ("Jesus Christ", "oh Jesus"), 2 of "for God's sake," and 1 use each of "God," "so help me God".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Vodka and other alcoholic drinks are shown being served and consumed aboard the ship.
- A man drinks alcohol from a bottle in a couple of scenes.
- A man smokes "tobacco" (more than likely cannabis) through a pipe in his spacesuit.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Very intense moments throughout the film.
- The "engineer" who is seen in the later part of the film is akin to a superhuman. He is violent and aggressive.
Violence & Gore
- A snake-like creature wraps around a man's arm and snaps it (we see bone poke through his sleeve, although because it's dark, it is difficult to notice). The creature then lunges into the man's mouth, which chokes him to death. Another man tries to help him by cutting the creature in half, however it sprays acid at the man, causing his space helmet to melt onto his face.
- A mutated man jumps on another man's abdomen, crushing it and causing the man to spit up blood. He also smashes another man's head into the ground, causing blood to spray. He then kills several other people by beating them and throwing them against objects. The mutated man is shot several times, repeatedly burned by a flamethrower and then run over by a truck.
- A man becomes very ill, and is set on fire with a flamethrower. He is seen burning while still being alive for a short time.
- Several people fly a spaceship into a large ship, resulting in a large explosion. All people on-board are presumably killed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- An early version of the xenomorph appears at the end of the film. The appearance of the creature is very frightening and shocking which will scare younger viewers.
- The caesarean scene is extremely intense and may frighten people of all ages, especially those who are claustrophobic, afraid of machines, afraid of surgery (presumably with little anesthesics aid for that scene) and giving birth.