Lost Bullet 2: Back for More (2022) Poster

A solid action sequel
Tweekums15 November 2022
I will assume that anybody intending to watch this film will have seen the original; if not it won't make too much sense as no time is wasted introducing characters or their situation. Protagonist Lino is still determined to capture the corrupt former policeman responsible for the death of his mentor. Unfortunately for him others are less keen. Senior officers want to offer him a deal to bring down corrupt senior officers still in the force and those corrupt officers want to kill him. If Lino is to get justice he will have to face more danger; mostly behind the wheel of his mentor's heavily modified Renault 21.

If you enjoyed the first film, as I did, this is definitely worth watching. The plot may be fairly threadbare but it serves to give lots of thrilling action... and that is what the film is all about. The action is mostly in cars with a chase through oncoming traffic, another through what appears to be a storm drain and several impressive collisions and other crashes. This is all very impressive with minimal obvious special effects. There are also a good number of fight scenes. Usually in such a film one never really feels the protagonist might be in real danger but here that is not the case; especially in a later fight scene. The action is solid, as is the direction. Overall I'd certainly recommend this to fans of Euro-action, just remember to watch the first movie before watching this.

These comments are based on watching the film in French with English subtitles.
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lost Bullet a spectacular action movie great new Netflix action franchise
playtoyer10 November 2022
Lost Bullet 2 is a spectacular gritty action movie. The primary plot of the movie is a direct follow up to the first movie the main character seeking vengeance in a fun way for the audience. The main character has to get to it and then get it to the right people plenty of amazing fight scenes and cool car chases all the way. Let the fun begin for the audience.

The good thing about this movie unlike hollywood movies it,s all raw realistic action and car chase scenes no special effects or big unrealistic action scenes.

The cool fight style is brutal and raw with hand to hand combat fight scenes. Several scenes of the movie are definitely over the top but that makes it a really fun movie. This a great new Netflix action franchise.
21 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It has been found - hasn't it?
kosmasp12 November 2022
No pun intended - and I assume you have seen the first movie! This is quite important, not just because I will talk about events from the first movie, but because this glues itself to the first "Lost Bullet" movie. I have to admit, I did not see the sequel coming and I reckon even though you could say this ends in a way that would not need another movie ... it also ends in a way that does suggest another movie. You will understand once you've seen it.

Of course if you've seen the first one and thought: not my cup of tea, I would assume you would know better than to watch the sequel and than rant about it. Just saying - while this is different from the first movie, it also has the same ingredients and in a way a similar formula.

The breakout scene in the first one (no pun intended here either), that took place in a police station, with amazing choreography, may not be entirely matched in this one - but it does have great action scenes too. Actually the very first one 10 or 15 minutes in, shows us where our "hero" is at the moment ... the fallout and the losses of the previous movie still hanging over his head.

Will he be able to have some sort of normal life? Well it would not be a movie if that would be entirely the case now would it? And to give us another action packed movie that means this has some phenomenal stunts (combat wise, shooting wise and car chase scene wise) ... some of the car chase scene footage could have done with some more speed, but those are minor things to note ... if even.

I love the mixture, I like our stoic hero and his engraved morals - even if they do get him into trouble from time to time. This does warrant another view and I would not mind to be back here in 2 years (or sooner) to write about the third part ... an action star is born? You decide - all I know is: you would like him if he gets angry! McGuyver car modifications included!
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
INSANE CAR CHASES !!! If only for the car chases this cop flick is GOLD! But there is MORE...
imseeg14 November 2022
Holy moly, what INSANE CAR CHASES, especially the one towards the end of the movie is truly SPECTACULAR.

The action photography and the REAL LIFE STUNTS are to die for! With TERRIFIC DRONE camera footage trailing the cars during the car chases, delivering some eyewatering, mindblowing action car chase scenes.

MORE GOOD: this movie is not simply another formula action cop flick, it has got a lot more goodies, like excellent acting performances by great actors, who get to star in a story that is credible and COOL and THRILLING.

The story is quite simple, hardcore bad cop versus good cop. And although this is the sequel and I didnt even see the original, I am still blown away by it!

In essence the story is about a honest good French cop, who is being targetted by a bunch of bad French cops, who want to kill an eyewitness who knows too much.

Shootouts, streetfights (bare knockle) and LOTS of terrific car chases. All a grown boy needs!

Highly recommended for the fans of action packed dirty cop flicks.

The best the French have to offer.

MERCI BEAUCOUP!
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun, but not better than the first one.
Top_Dawg_Critic24 December 2022
There was certainly a lot more happening with the action and suspense, but I found the story had too many inconsistencies and kept bouncing between pot holes and ridiculousness in the narrative. It's like the writers couldn't decide if Lino should be the antagonist or protagonist. Plus the entire narrative was really unfocused and didn't build much from the first film, and it seemed they were aiming for a more Fast and Furious ridiculousness feel; the action was a little too phony and overboard. Nevertheless, the action was choreographed well, all casting and performances spot-on, and the great pacing made the 98 min runtime fly by. Hopefully if there's a third installment, we'll get the continuation that will actually include Areski for than a few minutes.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Only if you are very very bored
A_Different_Drummer6 December 2022
Let's be crystal. Lost Bullet was a pretty good film. It had a plot that included a beginning, a middle, and an end. It had explosive action scenes. Good acting. Checked all the boxes. This is a sequel to Lost Bullet released a few years after the fact. It is not a very satisfying watch. First, it seems to literally take place the day after the first film ended, requiring the viewer to remember all the details of the first film. In other words, it starts with a flash quiz, like you were back in high school. There is no obvious plot for the first half of the film, but there is an awful lot of action and emotion and fighting. If you wondered in without knowing the story, you might think you were watching a Kung Fu film, in French, produced in France. With no Asian characters. If all the above appeals to you, grab a chair. Otherwise take a pass. ((Designated "IMDb Top Reviewer." Please check out my list "167+ Nearly-Perfect Movies (with the occasional Anime or TV miniseries) you can/should see again and again (1932 to the present))
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing action movie
qbanaqt11 November 2022
Excellent acting and great cast The car chase are incredibly done Really amazing from the direction,photography and the acting.

The fighting using martial art are incredible Great Netflix new brand They should make more movies like this Nothing to do with action movies made in Hollywood The acting it's so real and the car chasing are immaculate done.

Nilo and Julia what a couple It's mandatory to watch the first one to really appreciate the trama The director odd photography is a maestro!!!!
9 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please do not film third part!
opticuscro12 November 2022
Please don't film the third part, you will be doing favor to the movie world. The story is already overstretched, drawn out, too drawn out, monotonous anyway. I see they continued the tradition of absurd nonsense from the first part. The first part ends with our hero alive and well, walking off into the twilight with his arm wrapped, but the first scene of the second part begins without explanation while he is all broken in bed, which means that the action of this second part takes place literally after he was unglued from the hood of the car and taken to the hospital, later of course you realize that it is not that time frame. If, metaphorically speaking, the movie "Transporter" and the movie "Taxi" had a spoiled child, this would certainly be it. This is a below average time killer not particularly watchable.
14 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lame and barely entertaining
JohnM6318 November 2022
More of the same and even less of a story than the first movie. A little more than an hour and a half of fighting, car chases and pretty much nothing. Too be fair, the action scenes, and particularly the car chase, are pretty well done and could measure up to Fast and Furious. The whole movie however lacks, any coherent storyline, some level of intelligence and at least 5 minutes of a somewhat decent dialogue and does not even come close to Fast and Furious. Well, maybe the later sequels, if you're not too critical.

Advised for those who are desperately seeking some time of for their brain. Just grab some chips and a beer or a soda and become brain dead for an hour and a half. It'll hopefully be worth your while. Lame and hardly entertaining anymore after thirty minutes or so.
7 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A complete action entertainer with breathtaking visuals
saiavinashduddupudi10 November 2022
I have completed watching this movie, It's 5AM in India right now and I must say, what an amazing action car chasing movie man. The actors were outstanding.

The car chase sequences were outstandingly amazing.

Thank you so much for this masterpiece. Please make more such movies.

Lots of love from India and eagerly waiting for LostBullet 3.

The car chase sequences were outstandingly amazing.

Thank you so much for this masterpiece. Please make more such movies.

Lots of love from India and eagerly waiting for LostBullet 3.
10 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A 7 despite its flaws
snafu22q27 November 2022
By component: PLOT LINE: Not particularly original but solid nevertheless.

ACTING: Passable. Not great, but not too bad considering the genre and the talent pool I would expect available for a new director.

WRITING: In one word, poor. I mean, it's not supposed to be Shakespeare, but there's just not much put into the script-seems the fact that it's an action movie relieved the writers of any effort to make the dialogue any better. An additional comment regarding post-production, as I watched the dubbed movie while also reading the subtitles. I have to say, either the people that did the subtitles or the people that did the voice-overs looked upon the words of the script as nothing more than a suggestion. Their translation of the script frequently did not match each other and, in fact, varied by a LOT, and often (and no, I do not expect translations into English to match word for word). I'm pretty sure it was the dubbing group that absolutely butchered the writer's words, changing the writing from poor to abysmal.

ACTION: Without the wonderful action scenes, car chases, explosions, and everything else, this movie would have been rated a 4, maybe 5 by me, but the stunt work, especially the work with the cars was just outstanding. A great way to spend 90 minutes without thinking too hard-pretty damn entertaining despite its shortcomings.

(Critiques for "Lost Bullet & Lost Bullet 2" are identical - same strong points, same weaknesses.)
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is a car chase movie and that's that
medinamarisleidy6 December 2022
The last movie ended on him walking away from the garage with the girl , suddenly his in the hospital ok fine could be but then his a cop then he's beating more cops then the bad guys ? I don't get half of the plot is mess up incoherent, even the end is strange so did he die or he didn't and what's with the other guy picking up his stuff at the dump place or was it him didn't look like him it looks like the arieky.guy , like what a mess not even normal , it just to much of a mess , still a good action movie and the entire time you're trying to understand what the hell is happening and who is shooting who everyone is police no one seam like a good guy.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.