Jurassic Hunt (2021) Poster

(2021)

I didnt like it
motori-2191625 August 2021
I watched this movie, but it looks low budget. Low quality cg, all i can say it was a bit funny. But that was about it.
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad script, poor acting, horrible CGI, typical dinosaur movie...
paul_haakonsen24 August 2021
Sure, as I sat down to watch this movie titled "Jurassic Hunt", I must admit that I had no expectations or real hopes of this being a great movie. I mean, 99 out of 100 of these dinosaur movies are just sheer rubbish. But still, on the odd chance that "Jurassic Hunt" might be worth watching, I opted to sit down and watch it.

But as the voice at the back of my head was warning be prior to watching "Jurassic Hunt", I should just have skipped on this one. Yeah, it was one of those run-of-the-mill dinosaur movies that have only the slightest of resemblance to a proper storyline, shoddy acting and terrible CGI effects.

So yeah, "Jurassic Hunt" effectively collects everything bad about the dinosaur movies and puts it on display for you to enjoy, if you are into these types of low budget, poor production dinosaur movies that come a dime a dozen.

The storyline told in "Jurassic Hunt" was as generic as it comes, even for a dinosaur movie. A group of big game hunters have paid money to go out on a hunting expedition to hunt, wait for it... dinosaur. Yup, that was the thing that the writer went with here. And better it, it was what director Hank Braxtan decided to spend his time on directing.

The CGI effects in "Jurassic Hunt" were a mixed bag of nuts. Mostly spoiled and bad nuts though. Yeah, most of the scenes throughout the movie had questionable and laughable CGI effects at best. But there were the occasional scene where the dinosaurs actually looked good and real enough.

"Jurassic Hunt" is not a movie that I would recommend you waste your time, money or effort on. Some of us did so you don't have to.

My rating of the 2021 movie "Jurassic Hunt" lands on a very generous two out of ten stars.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I would had more fun dying
nikoskont25 August 2021
Take warnings seriously, when they say the movie is bad they're right.
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jurassic Horror
108YearsOld24 August 2021
This movie looks like a well produced TV show, the CGI is on par with the video games some twenty years ago. And the actors are those you usually see in Oscar, yeah, those hired to clap hands.
15 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Asylum Lite = Skip
BLAlley23 August 2021
How can a kid on YouTube produce better CG effects than an actual movie? This thing was well shot, for straight to video, but the writing and directing are sloppy at best. Having a character respond to a remote and pristine natural location by saying "what a dump" shows a lack of awareness, as does having a character fully illuminated by Moonlight even though it's clearly visible directly behind him. I realize you can't always use squibs, both for safety and when shooting in natural environments to avoid damage, but surely CG bullet hits can be more than a perfectly symmetrical cloud of red floating in front of a character when they are riddled with gunfire.

The dinos were well modeled and animated, but little or no color correction was done to blend them into the live-action environments.

Frankly the CG dinos were better realized than most of the Human characters, who often not only acted foolishly but inconsistently to drive the next poorly planned plot element.
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bless their hearts...
davidlohr26 August 2021
All the cast members/creators that is. You know the ones who thought by rating this a 10 here they'd sucker people into watching this garbage.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fan service, dinosaurs, and bad cgi
ChrisRock364 September 2021
Nothing else. Just girls and dinosaurs.

It says my review is too short, so I'm just going to add some words here.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
IS That A JOKE ???
imharpyboy24 August 2021
Dude come on :) i can even make dinos better than this ! I think i just watching a kid show . Im sorry for my time that i wasted ...

1. Directing medium. 2. Gfx awful. 3. Screenplay awful. 4.actors super Amateur

We are now in 2021. We should not see such scandals i just like the poster and you got 1 star for that .
16 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rooted for the dinosaurs
bitbucketchip29 August 2021
In Jurassic Park likable humans in peril drove the plot. In this movie despicable sub-humans in peril drove unintended laughs. I missed the beginning so don't know if this was an Asylum production, but it had all the hallmarks of that august institution: non-actor actors, pointless dialog, plot with more holes than substance, lousy production values, and special effects that are neither special or effects.

Ten stars for doing away with the appalling human beings that infest this hunt. Minus eight stars because a few don't receive their deserved horrible deaths.

Two stars.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
a big fail
darknessfalls-5651026 August 2021
So i just watched the trailer then i said who the hell produced that crap. Those dino's OMG even the 1991 dinos where excellent but that !!!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I didn't even see it LOL just the trailer
nonessentialpersonnel24 August 2021
And I almost kind of sort of feel a little sorry for whomever produced this thing.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nope
hurricanebree-462125 September 2021
Can I get my money back? And time? Yikes. Oh no. Really? Am I hallucinating? Was money really wasted on this?
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Low budget
llindsay-7685919 September 2021
I really liked all the graphics in the Jurassic Park movies and thought this movie would be similar. I was wrong. Very fake looking graphics, more like the ancient king kong or godzilla movies. Only watched about 15 minutes and decided it was low budget, poor acting and just all around bad.
Anoyher Classic
Crit6212 September 2021
Type of low budget and I mean low D minus movie shot in one location trying to make it look more. Go paint or mow the lawn. Better yet scrub the toilet.
Campy AF
lilredphenix4 September 2021
This is a classic stereotypical characters kind of movie. Low budget CGI, but not awful for low budget. The writing is terrible, but I suppose if it was designed to be campy, then it hit its mark.

But, has anyone else noticed that a film called "Triassic Hunt" was also released this year, with nearly the same plot? WTF is up with that?
one star for effort
hannamvrie30 August 2021
Could have made better graphics with dino nuggies.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If I could give zero stars I would.
cassandkyle4 September 2021
Absolutely horrible!

CGI is nothing better than you would see on PBS. The actors wouldn't even make it in a elementary school play. It's rated R, but doesn't even qualify as PG.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste you're time
jarneceustermans16 September 2021
I didnt know a movie could be this bad. It is totally not worth you're time.
Worst movie ever
haryormeymarvel16 September 2021
To be sincere, I find the movie really annoying I mean, how can a movie like this be released to public for people to waste time watching.

Well my 1 star is just as a result of pity for the crew and cast.
Why?
hsdtq12gx12 September 2021
Just why was this created? Its 2021 if you want money and just want to make a cashgrab just go post videos with soyboy face thumbnail reacting to among us on youtube.
Amazing!
head4space12 September 2021
In fact, so amazed at how bad this is I couldn't get beyond 10 minutes. Make the right choice and just find something else to watch. Anything else.... Yea it's really that bad. 0/10 on all fronts. I gave it 1 stars for the incredibly original title.
The worst!
habaden8 September 2021
I am 64 and have accidentally seen alot of poor movies. THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY IN THE TOP 5. Sadly, we wasted part of our lives watching it. Poor special effects, poor acting, horrible script. The worst!
School Project
neil-433556 September 2021
Everything about this movie is utter rubbish, it looks like it was made by schoolchildren. Not a single redeeming feature, avoid.
Low ratings???
TP-618 September 2021
Does no one appreciates a great B-grade horror anymore? C'mon, this is how the genre was born, on the fringes of cringe.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unwatchable. Jurassic? Worst characters
gogreenergy5 September 2021
How does something like this happen? The most uninteresting, nonsense characters possible. Why would Jurassic series allow this??????
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.