The Middle (2009–2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
Sex & Nudity
- There's a scene where a boy and a girl make out.
- This show is usually family-friendly but there are also a lot of episodes that focus on Axl "getting a girl " with lots of sexual innuendos.
- Some dialogue and brief implications of sexual content.
- Axl is shown is the shower once. His private area is covered up by a logo on a shower curtain. Later in this episode, Brick then asks Axl a question while he is in the shower. Axl is shown from the waist up. Brick sees Axl's buttocks and genitals when he turns around (we do not).
Violence & Gore
- A deer runs at a girl and the screen cuts off, and later it is determined that her leg was broken.
- Sue accidentally runs over Axl's foot and breaks it.
- Rita Glossner threatens people with violence, at one point she assaults and batters Mike.
- Many damns, hells, and some instances of ass and jackass.
- Bastard in four episodes.
- Mild swearing like crap, freaking, screwed, oh my god, and sucks.
- "Slutty" in two episodes.
- A brief use of "douche" in one episode.
- "Boobs" in a few episodes.
- There are some episodes where an incomplete "son-of-a-bitch" is said. One episode has the complete saying.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Frankie (Patricia Heaton) and Mike (Neil Flynn) are both frequent beer drinkers but are never seen as drunken unstable parents. Frankie's two aunts smoke cigarettes. Rita Glossner is seen holding a beer when she walks by.
- A random teen boy is shown drinking beer at a party and he offers some to Sue.
- Sue says people are burning incense at a party, and it is implied that the people burning incense are covering up marijuana use.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The episode with Sue and Brick watching a horror film may frighten younger viewers.
- When Rita beats up Mike, it can upset viewers.
- Four charecters flip off the Heck's they are censored and nothing can be seen but the action is obvious.