Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two (Video 2021) Poster

Interesting set up that is ultimately let down by weak writing
spmact5 August 2021
First, the positive. The animation and voice acting were great. It had an interesting set up and the world building was decent. That's about it.

The premise from the first movie had promise, but in the end it felt like the writing force things to happen they way they should in order to make the ending happen.

Batman is made to look weak and is constantly getting beaten throughout the two parts, but no one thinks to just kill him. The villains win a lot, until the script needs them to lose so the movie can end. The twist feels out of place, as does Batman's reaction to it.

This had potential, but was a let down in the end.
21 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fall of a Bat, rise of a Cat...
malice_o_conner29 July 2021
Mismatched part 2 of this film series was a letdown. I didn't have high expectation after reviewing the first part. I went into this knowing the animation quality but with this I feel the story broke apart and could feel the accusatory finger jabbing at the audience with agenda moments. I felt like they lost touch with the theme to the first, which seemed more reminiscent of Detective Comics.

One of the lines that proves some weird agenda was , "Mother's Day, this one almost slipped by us." What?! Mother's Day is bigger than Father's Day, even by commercial standards, not many people forget Mother's Day. So, why add that line? Even then, Batman goes even weaker for this part 2 than he was in the first. Which is hugely disappointing to watch such an icon fall so far.

"Rookie Batman" gets whammied by Poison Ivy, sucker stuck by Scarecrow, bashed by the Hatter, and more. Meanwhile, Catwoman is the heroine of the series. At the same time this is just another origin story although a different take, it's played out interestingly it just felt like the same story all over again. Unless you're an super-fan skip this cash-grab.
33 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weakest Batman to date
sameera858-641-9378364 August 2021
It was a slow pace burner! Weakest Batman to date who get bullied by pretty much every villain.

Very minimal action sequences.
16 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a good conclusion to part 1
oisinstaines27 July 2021
This is better than part 1 in my opinion. The war crime in Gotham comes at a heavy price. And Gotham City is at a crossroads in it's history. Is it the end of the Mafia's control on Gotham, with a new breed of villains pooping up to take over? This is the story that explores this transition in a vital part of Batman's history.

I loved seeing some of the rogues gallery in action for this new universe. Josh Duhamel's performance is really on point. The rest is great too but I really felt bad for Harvey Dent in this. The action scenes are better too and I loved that the movie also leaves some things open to the viewers opinions, like the book.

Looking forward to what comes next.
36 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
4 Just for the animation style
fireshift7779328 July 2021
The movie was disappointing. Batman is absolutely useless in the movie, the book was much more better. The ending was disappointing, the first part was also mediocre. Really the movie is about Catwoman and the villains. Batman is just completely useless. Why is DC declining?
33 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must watch, detective.
thepatrioticpencil27 July 2021
This movie is good for both fans of the caped crusader and pulp/noir fans. Batman: The Long Halloween Part 1&2 is not your usual flashy DC animated movie, so if you're going in expecting the Joker to be fixing some complex plan with a giant clock and and a bath of acid this ain't the movie, if your hopeful for Darkseid to arrive with and invading force of Parademons this ain't either, but that doesn't come as a surprise to those familiar with the source material. Batman: The Long Halloween is a two part drama thriller with a hint of action, yes you get to enjoy the company of some of the best rogues in the Dark Knights gallery but they ain't up to no Sunday strip shenanigans. This is not your kiddie film, this one is for the adults to enjoy, this one is for the detectives and the gumshoes, both part tell a full story sure to satisfy the usual Batman fan but it is sure to enamore those who come in ignorant of the source material. So if murder mysteries, thrills, drama, suspence are your things, Batman: The Long Halloween is a two part treat that I recommend to be enjoyed in one sitting.
22 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredible conclusion
masonsaul11 August 2021
Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two is an incredible conclusion that's thrilling, dark and satisfying and solidifies it as one of the stronger adaptations. Jensen Ackles, Josh Duhamel and Naya Rivera are all great once again. Chris Palmer's direction is also great and the animation is excellent. It's extremely well paced and the music by Michael Gatt is really good. However, it's brought down slightly by Batman feeling sidelined occasionally.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A bit inconsistent but good
varunmirasdar28 July 2021
Unlike the first part this one was a bit rushed so it took a little bit of time to make sense of what was going on. The twist at the end though was really nice and somewhat unexpected. Apart from the minor inconsistent continuity this holds up as a sequel or part two should be.
18 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice finish as the holiday murders wrap.
blanbrn21 August 2021
"Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two" finishes the drama and terror that was brought on by the holiday killer, as with each crime the tension and drama grows between the Falcone and Maroni crime families, with Batman, Gordon, and Dent racing to solve the mystery, more Batman bad apples like Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, and the Scarecrow play figures into this crazy mysterious like game. Well done a joy if you are a Batman and D. C. comics fan as I enjoyed reading this graphic novel watching these two part animated works was entertaining and enjoyable also.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A great end to the mysterious storyline
maanitsingh27 July 2021
Batman The Long Halloween, Part Two is the second instalment and direct sequel to the new batman in DC animated universe. As the first part the animation is done well and it's tone fits effortlessly into the detective theme. It arguably is much more packed in terms of story and characters. It does get a bit overwhelming and not to mention slight inconsistencies in the story. It however at no point feels boring and will at the end of the watch leave u satisfied as it's well rounded and tight. This is yet another a solid instalment in this franchise and easily a must watch.
20 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
judywalker229 July 2021
I really was pumped after Part One of Batman the Long Halloween. The story was interesting, the animation stellar and the cast especially Jensen Ackles as Batman was great. But sadly the second part is not as good. Part II is disjointed, with some really poor use of Ackles as Batman. He has almost no dialog, leaving us just a drawn, lifeless character. The other characters, evolve, Dent, Gordon, Carmine, even Catwoman but not Bruce Wayne or Batman. It's ashame. I really wanted this to be iconic. I will have to read the original comic and see where they missed the mark.
17 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchable, but not particularly outstanding...
paul_haakonsen27 July 2021
Well, I wasn't harboring much of any expectations to "Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two" given the inferior first part to this. Yet, I sat down to watch it with my son.

And I will say that "Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two" is definitely a step up and in the right direction, as it proved more entertaining and enjoyable than the first part.

But still this was by no means a bright moment in the history of animated DC movies about Batman. And seriously, it is wearing thin that we have to watch, re-watch or sit through the murder of his parents again and again in these animated movies; almost in every single one of them. Yeah, we know his parents were gunned down already, and have known so for decades.

The animation was adequate, though it didn't really fully win me over here.

The dialogue was definitely a notch up from the previous one as well, and I felt that the characters in part two had more meat on them, so to speak, in comparison to what we saw in the first part.

Sure, "Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two" was watchable, but hardly a memorable foray in to the DC universe.

The voice acting was good enough, though there weren't any voices that I recognized. I actually had to go on IMDb to look up and see who were doing the voices.

I am rating "Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two" a generous five out of ten stars. It was watchable, but this was not a wow-moment.
28 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well... they tried.
secondtechnicianrimmer1 August 2021
Have you ever gone to places, or attempted to do something thinking that it would really suck, only to realize that maybe, after all, things seemed to be better than expected? And then see those hopes get crushed at the finish line? Well there you go. You have The Long Halloween in a nutshell, there.

Don't get me wrong, there was a true and honest effort made and the movie has some undisputable qualities to it. The way the characters are portrayed, the general tone, the choice of colors, the voice actors... well of course, I would take Hamill over Baker anythime to voice the Joker but he had very few lines anyway. Some small but important details, often overlooked in other productions, added to the positive balance. For example, the evil left side brain of Dent using his right hand as dominant, which is anatomically pertinent. However... the story they tried to tackle here is a real monster. It's the Everest of Batman tales and certainly Jeff Loeb's masterpiece in my opinion. It couldn't be done in just two parts if it were to be done right. Very large parts of the story, some being the most important ones, were left off and the final twist was a gross oversimplification of what really went on during this long, long Halloween. The rollercoster ends with a tiny slope and squeaky wheels.

I won't spoil it. If you really want the story, though, read the comic instead. It's probably the best Batman comic ever made, even if its visual style is decidedly odd. If you're going to watch the movie version, just watch it after you have read the original work.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as good as the first part but still satisfies.
bhaktvatsalbrahmbhatt28 July 2021
The conclusion to The Long Halloween is more of a narration of events already in motion unlike the fresh, intriguing piece where you see a systemic unfolding of the plot in the first one. It's still true to the atmosphere set beforehand and keeps a hold of the strings for most part.

The pacing is a little haywire in parts but barely noticeable if we look at the grand scheme of things. The movie masks or at least tries to mask the 'twist' pretty well and offers sufficient thrill along the way. A few subplots were introduced half heartedly however with little to no time spent on their development and getting them to a quick conclusion.

It almost has an air of realism to it, when you think about it, a reveal is only valuable till the moment it is brought to light. I can't complaint though, would love to watch Batman and his more grounded/detective work.

Nice post-credit snippet.
15 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good
MamadNobari9727 July 2021
Interesting story, and you kinda expect the big twist at the end so it's not that mind-blowing like I was expecting it to be. Still a good Detective Batman Story with nice animation and actors. But still, nothing amazing like Under the Red Hood.

But I don't know why they gave this one and R? I was expecting blood, teets and arse flying but there's only one f word in the movie, so what's up with the rating?
13 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Most satisfying batman animated movie ever
liamshirazi17 August 2021
This was soo cool...as good as the first one, always preferred 2 face over joker. He is one of the greatest villian in the DC Universe.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An interesting take on a familiar character
ddbeuth28 July 2021
Everyone knows Batman as the detective whose deductive reasoning skills are so formidable he is almost omniscient. This isn't that Batman. This is a young Batman, just starting out in his role as a caped crusader, who is a bit surprised by the fact that he not only has to apprehend the bad guy but also figure out who the bad guy is. At the start of part 1, he's easily misled, almost bumbling. But this movie also shows him learning from his mistakes, adapting, getting better. The fun part is that even when he does learn from earlier mishaps, there are times when things still don't work out for him.

Other reviewers have already discussed how the movie shows the transition from mafia style criminals in Gotham to villains like the Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, and Poison Ivy, so I won't dwell on that other than saying that I thought it was well done.

So, good story, good dialogue, great voice acting, and good character development (which is rare in this genre). As a long-time Supernatural fan, I was happy to hear Ackles as the voice of Batman.

It also has a decent whodunit element, though the viewer knows who did it long before Batman does.
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie is up there with under the red hood
aymaantaha28 July 2021
Jensen Ackles, you've done terrific work here as Batman/ Bruce. The animation, soundtrack all so good. If you're a fan of the comics and animated movies watch both parts. It's MUST WATCH.
10 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weak, dumb, completely incompetent...
oleg53328 July 2021
This is the batman, as we all know he is. Luckily, Stunning And Brave CatWaHman always there to rescue this pathetic looser.
16 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the master tactician, skip if you're a batman fan
kingversion9 October 2021
Batman is a big dummy in this second part.

Not fun to watch.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm not sure what to say.
jr-3685723 August 2021
I'm not sure what to say about this movie besides boring not a lot of fighting too quiet at certain points not much action to begin with it could have been a little better in my opinion.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Remedy for Hollywood mainstream in recent years!
hamedavodi27 July 2021
Long Halloween is certainly one of the best ever Batman adaptations and more importantly, a remedy for what we are mainly seeing in Hollywood movies these days... such as how they have been destroying great franchises, making movies like video games or long commercials and other types of disaster yet calling them all feature films... while they are everything but that!

So Great work and Thumbs up to Batman's Long Halloween!

However, I think they shouldn't have included Poison Ivy in this adaptation as her character was not a good fit for whole storyline.

And one last thing about a particular dialogue of Dent where he says: "...judgment day", I'd rather chosen for him to say "...reckoning day" ;)
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Strong Conclusion To The Great Story
garethvk1 August 2021
Picking up a few months after part 1 concluded, Batman: The Long Halloween Part 2 opens with Poison Ivy (Katee Sackhoff) controlling Bruce Wayne (Jensen Ackles) in an effort to get him to sign over significant portions of his assets to Falcone. When Catwoman (Naya Rivera) breaks up Ivy's plans; the focus soon turns to taking on the killer known as Holiday as the upcoming Holidays approach.

Part 2 of the story expands on enemies batman faces as the returning cast from part one is joined by The Mad Hatter (John DiMaggio); and The Scarecrow (Robin Atkins Downes) amongst others making for some dangerous encounters for Batman to overcome.

The film introduces some new characters as well along the way and also gives a very enjoyable origin story for Two Face (Josh Duhamel); which is in keeping with the comic that inspired it as well as classic Batman lore.

The film does deviate somewhat from the source material but does offer a new and refreshing conclusion to the story which will be interesting to see how fans react to.

The animation is top-notch and the voice cast does a great job with their characters which makes the two parts of the film some of the best-animated adaptations to date. The film carries an R rating so it does not hold back at times but does not go overboard as well.

This has been one of my favorite adaptations to date and I cannot wait to see what they come up with next.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Batman TLH part 2
finkgeek13 August 2021
I saw this and it was pretty good. There were some changes that I found weird but it didnt ruin it for me the only thing I didnt understand was the rating there was one bloody scene and a single use of the F word part one was much more violent and bloody and it got a PG-13. But aside from that I liked it I liked Harveys spiral into two face and everything else, it was a good conclusion. I'd say see it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not Batman
smuggerj9 August 2021
Batman gets owned by everyone. The 'world's greatest detective' is the worst detective in these films and is actually told he is no good several times.

Voice acting is good and the animation style isn't bad.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.