Disconnect (I) (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 46 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sexual content, some graphic nudity, language, violence and drug use - some involving teens|
Sex & Nudity
- A man thrusts on top of a woman as they have sex (the man's bare chest and back are visible); we then see the woman's bare breasts as he kisses her and then rolls off.
- A teen boy slaps a woman on the backside, and then leans into the woman on a sofa and tickles her; she laughs, the teen boy gets closer to her and they kiss until the woman pushes the boy away.
- A man goes through a series of photos of a man and a woman kissing.
- We see a woman taking a shower; a portion of her bare back is visible as well as the shadowed outline of her bare breast.
- We see a teen girl wearing a bra, posing in front of a web cam.
- A teen girl is shown wearing a duck mask and no bra as a teen boy walks into the room and shakes his head.
- A teen boy enters a room where a teen girl is posing with her bare breasts visible for a web cam and shouts at the teen boy, saying she is in the "middle of a chat."
- A teen boy takes off his shirt, then his pants and underwear (we only see a portion of his bare chest) and it is implied that the teen boy takes a photograph of himself, fully nude; the boy shares the photo online with a person he believes to be a teen girl, but is really two teen boys posing as a teen girl; the two teen boys act disgusted by the picture and one of them makes a remark about the boy's genitals; we later see a quick glimpse of the photograph where the teen boy's arm and leg and partial chest are visible (his genitals are not seen) and it is implied that the photograph circulates throughout a school and the boy's nude body is seen by many people; a teen girl shows a woman and a man (the teen boy's parents) the photograph and we see a portion of the boy's face and upper shoulders.
- We see a woman looking at a computer screen showing dozens of shirtless young men and teen boys; the woman selects a picture of a teen boy, begins a web-cam chat with him (the teen boy is shirtless and his bare chest is visible and he wears boxer-brief style underwear) and he offers to masturbate for her; the woman (she is not seen by the teen boy) declines via text visible on the screen; the boy then offers to "play with some toys" (we see a pile of sex toys on the bed) and crudely offers to masturbate again, and the woman declines a second time via text on the screen.
- A woman goes onto a web cam chat with a shirtless teen boy and he remarks about the woman's attractiveness; the teen boy jokes with the woman, asking how much money it would take for her to have sex with a "dirty homeless dude" and the woman laughingly agrees to $5 million dollars.
- A man asks a 15-year-old boy if he masturbates and the boy says yes; the man then asks the boy if he would be interested in having people pay to watch him masturbate and the teen boy agrees so the man invites him to live in a commune of people who pose sexually on web cams for money; we then see a teen girl wearing a bra instructing the shirtless boy how to pose sexually for people online for money; the girl tells a second teen boy that the boy has over 100 people trying to chat with him privately.
- Two teen boys, using a fake online profile (posing as a teen girl), send another teen boy a suggestive photograph of a woman with her hand down her underwear (she is wearing a pulled-up shirt that reveals her torso and brief-style underwear) with "love slave" written on her torso; a teen boy sees the photo (on a cell phone) and acts embarrassed.
- Two teen boys create a fake online profile of a teen girl and use it to flirt with another teen boy; the teen boys laugh as they have a series of flirty exchanges with the teen boy.
- A teen boy scrolls through a series of sexual comments left on his Facebook page, commenting on his genitals and it is implied that a variety of people had viewed the teen boy's nude photograph; one comment implies a sexual relationship between the teen boy and his mother.
- A woman discusses an online web cam site that features teenagers posing nude for money and gifts.
- We hear FBI agents discussing with a woman how she had been paying a teen boy while he was working on a sexual web cam site, and the woman denies paying the teen boy, but then explains that she had to pay money to chat privately with the boy about non-sexual things.
- We see a television reporter announcing that she had an interview where a teen boy was part of a large sex-ring of teenagers posing online for money, and the female reporter refers to the situation as "human sex trafficking."
- A woman tells a teen boy that he could be charged with a felony for recruiting underage teen boys and girls to pose nude online.
- A man reads a chat transcript between his wife and another man; we see the text, "He doesn't touch me anymore" as the man reads the conversation, which is implied to become sexual.
- During a television interview, a teen boy tells the female reporter that he had become homeless and was approached by a man to pose nude for an online web cam site.
- A teen boy asks a woman if she has ever kissed a girl and the woman does not respond.
- A husband and his wife joke about a man's subscription to pornographic movies as they look at his television bill.
Violence & Gore
- A man shoves another man through a screen door, then charges and tackles him and they both fall into the yard and fight, swinging at one another; in slow-motion, we see one man's teenage son watching as the other man grabs a hockey stick and strikes the boy on the arm, knocking him backwards; the boy's father punches the man in the side of the head, knocking him to the ground and the man slowly pulls himself up with the other man's help (a cut is seen above the man's eye, and we later see the man appear to have two developing black eyes).
- A man taps on the window of a car with a shotgun muzzle and the man in the driver's seat gets out of the car as the gunman shouts at him and appears about to shoot when the other man grabs the gun and turns it back on the gunman; the man shouts at the gunman while holding him at gunpoint and the man's wife watches as the man leads the gunman into the house and instructs him to sit on the sofa without moving; the man holds him at gunpoint until his wife pushes the gun away and hugs the man (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details).
- We see in slow motion a man rush towards a woman, pushing her backwards; the woman hits the pavement and we see her body motionless for a second until she stirs, coughs and pulls herself up to standing.
- A man looks remorsefully at his teenage son, who is in a coma in a hospital bed; the man tells another teen boy that he blames himself for the teen boy attempting suicide and failing (leaving him in a coma).
- A teen girl has a breakdown and cries as she tells her mother and father that she found the body of her teen brother hanging in his bedroom (he attempted suicide).
- A teen girl angrily spits in the face of a second teen girl and we see the spittle on the girl's face and mouth.
- We see a man and a woman break into a house by breaking a window and letting themselves into the house.
- A teen boy posing as a teen girl, tells a man through an online message (we see the typing on the screen) that he didn't think a teen boy (the man's son) would "hurt himself" after the man asks him to elaborate and the boy panics and closes his computer.
- A man discovers that his teen son and another teen boy were responsible for the attempted suicide of another teen boy; the man angrily confronts the two boys, shouting at them and he dismisses the other boy but continues to shout at his son until the boy cries and admits that he believes their actions caused another teen boy to attempt suicide.
- A man asks another man if he would "take care of" a man who had stolen his identity and the man replies that he is not a "hit man" but then says that if their roles were reversed, he would choke the man.
- A woman in a chat room discusses with an unseen person that her son had died (we see the text being entered on the screen for their conversation), and the unidentified person discusses how his wife had died.
- A husband tells his wife that he has brought his gun with him to confront a man about stealing his identity.
- About 50 uses of 'fuck' and its derivatives. The remainder of this submission is meaningless as it talks of 'anatomical terms' or 'sexual references'. 'Cock' is an anatomical term often found offensive; 'elbow' less so. It is not your role to judge, simply to report so other parents can make up their own minds.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A teen boy takes a drag of a marijuana cigarette and offers it to a woman who turns him down.
- A woman smokes marijuana and rapidly begins to act intoxicated as she and a teen boy continue to share the marijuana.
- Several teen boys share a marijuana cigarette.
- A woman drinks a glass of wine rapidly.
- Several men and women toast with wine.
- A man drinks a beer.
- A man asks a teen boy if he can bum a cigarette and the teen boy declines.
- A teen boy smokes a cigarette and shares it with another teen boy.
- A man smokes a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Not frightening; however, the film is very tense, and at some points, unsettling.
Violence & Gore
- A teen girl walks into her teen brother's bedroom and discovers him hanging from the ceiling (we see the boy's legs swinging); the girl screams in horror and grabs the boy's legs as a second teen girl enters the room and screams; we later see the boy in a hospital and we learn that he is in a coma and the doctors are unsure if he will ever wake up. The film has an ambiguous ending, never revealing if the boy wakes or not.