Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, some drug use and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Two male characters are seen shirtless.
- A woman is in bed, and its implied that she is naked though nothing is seen.
- A man and woman kiss for a few seconds in a scene.
- A woman wears a dress that reveals her legs.
- At a strip club scene, a few strippers are shown dancing in bikini style outfits.
- A woman wears a robe that is open in the front and reveals a lot of cleavage.
Violence & Gore
- A man's throat is cut, but we do not see this.
- During the opening credits a man is shot in the head, but an object obscures out view of this.
- A man is shot in the head (offscreen)
- The theme of the film is killing for revenge. There are multiple unapologetic shootings at close range and a knife fight. Most penetration shots are shown and blood is present.
- A man gets shot in the hand, he groans in pain, he is then shot in the head. Blood sprays, he falls to the ground, blood pools beneath his head.
- A man is punched in the nose and then is stabbed four times with an ice pick in the chest
- A man in a hospital gets shot multiple times with blood stains on him
- A man lies in blood after being shot (Heard but not seen)
- Several hells and goddamns
- Some mild curses.
- 3 gd words
- Typical PG-13 rating language:
- 3 uses of the f word; a couple instances of "ass", a "screw you"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A major character regularly smokes cigarettes; he and his wife also struggle with heroin addiction. Neither is shown using but Thornton's character has an insertion scar on his arm and is shown purchasing drugs, it is also suggested that he regularly uses; his wife is shown lying in a bathroom half conscious after using heroin. There is discussion of visiting a rehab center in both the past and future.
- A man drugs a girl with an unknown substance. She is clearly debilitated by the drug.
- All forms of drugs and drug use are generally shown in a negative light although Thornton's character functions normally as his coworkers and child seem unaware of his drug use.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Guns are used instead of knives, so no graphic death scenes.