Descendants: The Royal Wedding (2021) Poster

(2021 TV Special)

Beautiful mini!
AnnaPagrati21 August 2021
This is a great add on the Descendants franchise! Really enjoyed the whole thing, really missed Carlos though..I loved how they did not just hired another voice actor to portray him. Cameron Boyce was, is, & will be one & only...
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Adorable!
brookenichole-9805415 August 2021
I loved this short! It was so bitter sweet getting to see Mal and Ben get married! Their love story was so beautiful and ended perfectly! And the friendship moments were heartwarming! They even gave Audrey a second chance. I started to tear up when they subtly lit up Carlos' crest (Cameron Boyce) that lit up all the other crests. You could definitely feel a difference without Carlos. They even had great moments between Mal and her parents. I thought they did Hades justice.

I loved the song 'Feeling the Love'! It has been stuck in my head!

The animation was beautiful, just a little slow at times, but not too bad.

My only issues is I wish there was more Ben and Mal, more characters, and a longer story.

A must watch for any Descendants lover!
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Villain wedding
legobuilderpro16 August 2021
I found this cute and really sweet. The animation is pretty and well done along with the same actors from the live action movies voicing their characters.

The live action 3 movies I thought were pretty good but I think this is a good ending and in loving memory of Cameron Boyce.

I miss Cameron Boyce as Carlos in the movie series, they made a good short movie in memory of him.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
typical decline
coex2310 November 2021
It's a known fact that Disney only puts effort into their big name feature films and puts zero effort into their straight to video crap.

Sadly, this is the latter.

"Uh, Disney will give us $35.43 to make an animated film! No strings attached!"

Shelter your children's eyes from this and go watch Totoro again.
MY KIDS LIKED IT
single_in_in17 September 2021
I felt it was lacking majorly!! Song didn't fit the animation, everyone looked weird, it was boring as well!
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice
luicruz18 August 2021
I quite liked it considering it's a DCOM special People complain about the animation but I don't think it's that bad the writing is good and it just feels like a nice epilogue.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow that was bad
stereo_199921 September 2021
The animation was just so bad it was like watching a slideshow. Also where are the characters from Wicked World? The story and acting was both really bad. The only reason they had this was to finish their story quickly.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unbelievably bad even by Disney Channel standards
maddoxsmith-7912121 September 2021
Where to start with this? The animation is choppy, unfinished and extremely cheap. At points I thought Disney Plus was lagging but that's just the way the characters move! Everyone sounds incredibly uninterested in the recording booth like they are literally phoning in their lines. At least they didn't replace Cameron Boyce but there's a point in this short where Mal says she misses him but then there's absolutely no explanation where he is or what happened to him! You can't just start saying something like that then not bring it up again! I can understand Disney not wanting to straight out say a character died in a kids movie but has Disney forgotten about Don Bluth's films? Or Disney's own movies in which characters die including Bambi, The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves,Finding Nemo, Dumbo(2019), The lion king, etc. The main conflict of the movie is solved in like seven minutes leaving the characters pretty much doing whatever for the final 20 minutes. Disney Plus and Disney Channel have had many bad movies and shows over the years but this one might take the cake for the worst. If they were gonna kill off Carlos they should've just made an actual 4th live action movie.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Literally In Middle Of Watching This
embless23 September 2021
After watching all the live action films and enjoying the plots in general.

This wedding day theme animation quality is worse than Kim possible or even phineas and Ferb.

The actors are playing their roles.

The colors are bright and vibrant.

As a stand alone "finale" to the two main characters I honestly feel like Disney fell flat deliberately depriving the audience of a semi-decent animation design ( AT A MINIMUM ). This is NOT CRITICAL it is a constructive way to phrase my opinions about this "wedding day between Mel and Ben".

Even Last Airbender tv series had more forethought into the animation process.

This 22 min wedding day follow up lacks quality consistency to put it plain and simple.

It is simple it is cute it is adorable follow up for the characters Mel and Ben.

I just wish it wasn't lacking in animation quality.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrific to the eyes
CursedNaruto12 November 2021
Seriously I get art is different to everyone and what not but you have to be the blindest simpleton to be ever born to think this was good, a goddamn zoetrope has better animation than this garbage, but what do I expect from the kings of western animation for the past decade it's been on and off of life support when it comes to thier TV and short animations unless it's bundled with a major film release or spin-off from an animated film.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Descendants 4 Please!!!!!
anne_091619 September 2021
This was way too short! Such a tease! Loved hearing the characters voices ... super sad that Cameron Boyce is not here for this anymore but also happy they didn't just replace him! Let's go Descendants 4 please!!!!!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lacking what the other three movies had.
AmericanIdolQueen72198418 September 2021
It was an alright special, but I wish that it would have been live-action instead of animated. I think that while the voice cast was the same as the live action cast I think that if they would have been there in person I think it would have had more of a punch than it did being animated. I think they rushed it, I think fans want it a descendants 4 but after Cameron Boyce died they were afraid they weren't going to get one. And this was used to I guess wrap up the ark of Mal and Ben and all that because at the very end of the movie you got a foreshadowing that we're going to get something it's not going to be The descendants that we know it but it's going to be something different I'm not sure what. I really wish they'd redo the royal wedding and have it be real people, like I said it was just lacking something big time it was lacking the magic that the real action had. Also this was like only a half an hour special compared to the hour and a half movies, there was only one song versus the other movies had like several. So it's like they sing this one song and it's a great song okay but I want more, I want more minutes of the movie, I want it to be real people you know. It's an okay special don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was horrible I mean they could have even done CG effects instead of having it be like a 2d animation. It just was okay in my opinion I deduct it four points like I said because it was lacking a lot..
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Half finished
sinopa-0961717 August 2021
The animation was choppy and seemed so unfinished, like the production was rushed and they forgot the add any polish on it (think the newest Cats movie). The script felt flat as well compared to the live action.
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed
jessieallyne-6758130 August 2021
I'm so disappointed in this. The animation is no where what I'd expect from Disney. It was choppy and honestly made me nauseous at times. Thankfully it was only 22 minutes. The art reminds me of the 1994 "Princess Swan". I wish they had brought back the people they used for the Descendants shorts they used to have. Those were very well made.

The dialogue was okay, not the best, but not the worst.

The song wasn't great, especially considering the ending songs of the live action movies were all so catchy with amazing choreography.

Cameron Boyce's character Carlos was definitely missed, and it was touching how they gave his send off.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really?
katieholtz-1709225 September 2021
This is such a disappointment 😓 live action was way better and the animation was awful. The script was very choppy too.
Not great
curlymamaw21 August 2021
We loved the live action. Too bad they rushed this animated version through. I've written two other reviews and IMDB felt the need to big Tech censor. My grandkids were so looking forward to this Mal & Ben wedding. 20 min animated was just not up to par. So sad. Hope they bring back a live version Soon! Cameron will always be thought of and missed. Nice they put the tribute at the end. As another reviewer mentioned the dialogue wasn't great nor the animation.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fan made?
ahughe-5357921 September 2021
I doubt a fan would have put out something this bad. It was so poorly animated that I literally had a panic attack. I'm writing this while doing controlled breathing and trying not to throw up. I feel like I've been tossed back in time to the 90s when vcrs chewed on the video while you watched it, slowing it down and making it choppy. It's very disorienting. This is seriously horrible, and someone probably needs to be fired...
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Choppy Animation Ruins the Whole Flim
emmylimmy23 August 2021
Okay so it looks more like an animatic than an animation, at first I thought it was my computer but then read that other people were seeing the same thing. Maybe they couldn't finish the animation due to the (you know what) I'm not sure, but this being on Disney. Disney? Known for their beautiful animation, this is shameful I'm sorry.

It looks like something you'd see someone on Youtube animate, or like something that would come on the Canadian kids channel in 2006

I enjoyed the live action films, I use to watch them while I babysat, I and the kids enjoyed the music and the story. Its just a shame, small children probably wont notice though.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Short
f-4541024 September 2021
This animation is awesome! The colors are bright and cool! The song is beautiful!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible animation
arna129424 October 2021
The animation is crude and feels rushed. The other Descendants movies were surprisingly good. I really thought that Disney would try to make this a beautiful tribute to Cameron Boyce but they didn't.
Terrible
babygirl-rc-830-95179418 September 2021
Ugh I have always been a BIG Disney fan and this is not what I expected at all!!! Complete garbage did not seem like it was properly finished!!! Picture was way to sloppy/choppy and definitely not enough detail in the characters, clothing and backgrounds!!! Very disappointed!!!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a shame. Terrible.
b12028018 September 2021
Firstly, how they handled Carlos and the death of Cameron Boyce was brief but heartfelt.

However, if that's how they planned on dealing with his death, they could've easily produced a live action film and wrapped up the story with the care and respect it deserved.

The cast and crew deserved the chance to put out one last film together, and honestly the fans deserved it too.

The animation is shocking. The talent of the writers, actors and musicians are the only thing that get this past the finish line. The production team need to all find new careers.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
carlos de vil you will be missed
phillipjanssens-6776719 September 2021
It Is great and I really miss carlos he will be in my heart and I got 3 dvds of descendants 1,2 and 3 and there an app of descendants.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hades was the only funny character
talyashoval21 August 2021
This disgraceful animation did not do descendants justice. The character's dialogue was flat and not engaging. Hades is the only one who was funny and had good jokes. He made it worth while watching. Improve Disney, you have a lot to learn!!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Descendants made ever!
theyogames21 August 2021
The movie was very good but I would have liked that it like 1 hour at the place of 22 minutes.
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.