The Clue to Love (TV Movie 2021) Poster

(2021 TV Movie)

Trailer gave everything away!
hallmarkmov13 June 2021
Who made this trailer?! I watched it before doing this review as I forgot what the movie was about and which I watched a few weeks ago and didn't recall any hot air balloon which is in the poster. Anyways everything I remember from the movie was in this trailer! Even the ending scene is in the trailer! It does leave out a key "twist" which you find out 10 minutes before the end of the movie right after the give away that this trailer showed so I guess that's good if you wanted to avoid some spoilers. Very forgettable movie. I was very bored on how the main lead was jealous of the male lead for his success, it felt off and didn't add the to main story.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost.
krs-9220224 March 2022
The movie followed the usual tv romance formula and it was flowing along but as usual it all comes down to the kiss. That was not a great thing to watch. He basically lunges at her face it was like seeing a pre-teen kiss. Blech! All face and no finesse. It is not one for my favorites list or as a repeat go-to watch.
Lead actress problems
jereco9 May 2022
This is pretty standard romance fare, made nearly unwatchable by a one-note performance from the lead actress. It's a stretch to believe that a woman this vapid is a journalist at all, let alone a talented one. The rest of the cast saves the show, but it's an uphill climb for them.
Nicely Engaging
alephnullfidusachates17 July 2022
Sure this movie follows the standard love blueprint which makes viewing so pleasant but I also enjoyed how the writer included a secondary love story as well as the mystique of who "Aunt Hope" is.

Even though the main story centers between the lead actress and her male counterpart, I struggled to see them as a couple that were genuinely meant for each other. On the other hand the two main actresses really stood out because they had a great friendship chemistry and it was their acting that made the whole movie quite engaging with their indulgent interactions.

Overall I thought it was an easy laidback watch.