Men in Black 3 (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sci-fi action violence, and brief suggestive content|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman wears a tight outfit, which shows cleavage. Two men make a sexual remark and then lead her to a cell where an alien sticks his long tongue into her mouth and they start to kiss. The tongue is seen poking in her cheek.
- Some milder sexual remarks are made throughout the movie.
Violence & Gore
- Aliens and people shoot at each other through out. Some aliens splatter into goo.
- A security guard sticks his hand inside a cake and a crab-like alien crawls out of it and shoots the man in the head with a spike (the man falls dead) and then shoots another guard in the head (he falls dead too); an alien shoots spikes from the palm of his hand and several guards are struck and pinned to walls or struck in the head (blood dribbles out of the wound sites).
- An alien shoots a huge hole in a space-based prison compound wall, a roomful of guards are sucked out through the hole, a woman is pulled toward the hole and the alien (he sprouts claw-like tendrils on his feet that grab onto the floor) grabs her arm but then lets her go.
- Aliens and people are shot and killed with spikes with blood visible.
- A man shoots at a hose that sprays freezing liquid onto an alien's arm, the arm snaps off and the alien falls to the ground below
- A huge alien fish flops toward Jay and bites down on his legs (J uses a kitchen tray to brace the alien's mouth open), J reaches inside the alien and pulls out its heart (the heart still beats in his hand) and the alien fish falls over dead.
- Young K pulls an alien's head off, but it doesn't kill him. J uses the severed head as a bowling ball, tosses it in a polishing bag and Young K shakes it around. This is meant for laughs
- We see huge aliens hovering in the air over cities and causing destruction (one pulls the Eiffel Tower over).
- When Jay is pulled over by the racist cops in 1969, one cop suggests that Jay is an athlete, and Jay responds, "Mmm! Yes. Uh... Starting forward for the Detroit D*rk*es." (the offensive term for African American people).
- 4 uses of shit 2 paired with bull 3 used by agent j 1 used by agent k
- 1 use of Bastard
- 1 abuse of "Christ" and 2 misuses of "Jesus." 2 sexual references, 6 scatological terms, 8 anatomical terms, and 17 other obscenities.
- Shit, ass, etc are used extensively throughout the entire film.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A bottle of alcohol and a poured glass is shown on a table next to a man (who is not seen drinking).
- Party guests are shown drinking alcohol, people are shown drinking alcohol at a bar.
- An alien makes a comment about "his parents had an extra glass of wine that night."
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Human beings are placed in life-threatening situations with uncertain outcomes. And a generally reliable source predicts that someone will die.
- An alien (the villain of the film) that is seen throughout has jagged and sharp teeth, a very long tongue, and an opening in the palm of his hand where a small crab-like creature that shoots spikes resides; the alien's eyebrows and feet sprout tendril-like appendages, he is missing an arm from the elbow down.
- Almost all the alien characters in the movie are grotesque and creepy, with several arms, legs, claws, misshapen heads and so on. There are scores of such aliens, and while it is intended to be funny, young viewers may find them disturbing.
- At the end of the movie there is a scene where Boris sheds his human body and explodes into a completely alien form, this scene could be scary for some.
- Compare to the first two films, this one has a darker tone and is more brutal with it's violence.