Dota: Dragon's Blood (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

As someone who have never played the game..
Chojinhansen25 March 2021
.. but who loves fantasy, elves, dragons, magic and 2D animated action sequences of the highest possible caliber, I applaud this show. I knew absolutely nothing about this world or characters going in, but binged the entire season and can't wait for more. Of course it's a glorified commercial for the game, but when commercials are this good I couldn't care less. To produce this kind of anime with this amount of hand drawn animations isn't cheap though. So I really hope Valve/Netflix, or who ever is paying the bill, keeps doing it for many more seasons. Cause this is really good television. And to whoever designed the dragons: hat off to you.
182 out of 192 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very well done
viva_adiga25 March 2021
Good job Netflix and Ashley Miller, you did very well for this season. The art is good the story is good. I cannot wait for them to add more Lore and more details. I LIKE every thing about it. Good job indeed. Its perfect, i hope the following seasons are either going to be this good or better. Please make the 2nd seasons as good.
102 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a great start
mianshahzadraza25 March 2021
As a diehard dota dan it's like a dream coming true. An anime series about DOTA!! I really wish that valve should continue the series with more individual hero stories.
96 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh those goosebumps
maybehelpy25 March 2021
When goosebumps appear on the skin from every use of the abilities of your favorite characters! When the game comes to life, it's amazing! It's a pity for those who will not be able to fully experience this, because they have not played Dota) But without a doubt, a great plot, I look forward to the sequel.
92 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Probably the closest we'll ever get to a Fire and Blood Anime!
burkholdermicah25 March 2021
For some who don't know, Fire and Blood is a prequel to the Song of Ice and Fire series written by George R. R. Martin. House of the Dragon is the name of the new Game of Thrones show that will be on HBO sometime this year or next year. Anyway, DOTA: Dragon's Blood is not only an incredible anime, it's the anime that 3D animated abortion, Dragon's Dogma, wanted itself to be. It's also not only that, it will remind fans of Castlevania because of its tone and atmosphere that show shares! It's definitely an intriguing anime. It starts off awesome and ends on an awesome note. The story is a gripping narrative that I really want to see more of in future anime. The soundtrack is great, the voice acting is good, and the animations are breathtaking to look at. This anime is definitely my cup of tea. It reminds me a lot of Fire and Blood mostly because of how much it references humans being aligned with dragons and how familiar humans are to those dragons. If you're looking for a great anime to start off Spring 2021, this is definitely an anime for you. Excellent storytelling, excellent animations, excellent voice acting, and excellent music. This is yet another must-see anime on Netflix!
78 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent first season, looking forward to what the future would bring.
mkln-2719625 March 2021
I was aprehensive about this series because of all the previous movies/series based on games that have ended in disaster. But I must say I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of this show. They've clearly taken their inspiration from the game, but the storyline is all new, and pretty exciting. At times it can be very dense in storylines, and I'm hoping the next season will take its time a little more to flesh some of them out a little more.
35 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
gabrielmarasigan-1420025 March 2021
Tho im saying this is because im a dota player but this is still my take if i didnt know dota and just watched it i mean while watching it i really forgot im watching a game i played for 9 years the writer is really good he made me get absorbed in the storyline finished the whole thing in a matter of hours lmao theres so much potential this show has so much potential and the eng voice acting is really good too its my first time to finish an animated show in eng dub at first i tried watching it at japanese but the eng dub is much more fit great job and ofcourse the animation is top notch you can really see that they gave their all to do this 8 episodes its just like a drop of dota's lore for all of us and i already cant get enough of it in summary

Storyline: 10/10 Animation:10/10 Voice acting:10/10.
59 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It needs to age. Waiting for more!
jmoseschua25 March 2021
What we've seen is just a glimpse of Dota's lore. I like that the fundamental premises were already presented albeit they could be a vague especially for casual viewers. Hint: ep 1 intro and Terrorblade's statement towards the end of his scene after the fight with Selemene

For the newcomers, or perhaps, even for those Dota fans but unaware of the depths of its lore, this season will be too hazy or too fragmented. As a typical series taken as it is, this series looks bad. Rooting on someone is looking harder, everyone seems to be immoral or has other reasons for one not to be rooted for. Such element could be explained by the lore later on. As a Dota fan, I liked how fleshed out it is. The plot may become slow but this would mean there will be more focus on character story and development. For now, we only had a glimpse of Davion's, Mirana's, Luna's, and Invoker's. We have not really seen the deeper stories for these characters. Davion, Mirana, and Luna for their future and Invoker for his general role in their universe, past and future. All the while, Dota, as the game, has around 120 heroes to offer. I'm just excited of what's to come. The community has waited a long time for this. Before, we were just watching Slacks' Loregasm series in YT for that good 'ol Dota narrative. Now, we've got an actual series that is so far not too bad. Season 2 pleasee!
39 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good start
krohahet25 March 2021
Really amazing work, every thing in it is good or close to perfection. It is exactly the thing i waited for, almost nothing unnecessary to the story. Only animation sometimes feels too cheap (mostly in 3d objects), but it's less than 1% of time, so i'll not blame series for this. I'll wait for new seasons, they are seem ambitious.
32 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good for start
sabamowonelidze25 March 2021
I would give series solid 8.5 out of 10. There were couple of moments when i thought that story was kind of flat but after some scenes it would get me back on track, ending was especially good, it connected many dots. Athough ending summerized many things, during the episodes there were some unanswered things left but for me its a good thing for a animated series that could get another season in the future. Animations were well done and pleasing to watch, but in one fight scene frames per second looked a little too low. In conclusion not a masterpiece but an amazing animated series.
31 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intriguing
Natte_Nate25 March 2021
As someone who has probably put around 20k-30k hours into Dota 1 and 2 I must say the feeling of seeing all my heroes come to life in a show like this is amazing to say the least. It's an amazing world and it has so much potential. Now the show itself is entertaining alot of times, has great animations and some funny moments. Mostly, however, it's too hasty and you get the feeling they've had to cut out too much to fit it all into 8 episodes. I didn't quite get as emotionally involved in the characters as I hoped. The jumps from one place, both physically and emotionally between the characters, is way too hasty sadly. I do hope this show hits big so Netflix will want to invest more into coming seasons episode wise to delve deeper in the relationships and characters. Well worth the watch though.
33 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It got me instantly hooked
anlipicturearts25 March 2021
The pacing in this Anime is so fast that you might need a seatbelt. For real I can't believe it's over allready. I need more!
24 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
i advise u to watch this
mmoamen-1468525 March 2021
So so so so very gooooood i recommend watching this series.
34 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good start
Thairrhea25 March 2021
The early part of the stories is mysterious and the progress to the end is very good. Very obvious there have been alot of cuts, which means they wanted this show to be face paced. Prefer more story telling and context.
40 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thanks netflix
nevercry-6394525 March 2021
Thanks netflix for such a great series for our dota2 fellows xD i loved it already watched book 1 2 times today xD.
26 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best doto series
king_gokhan-2171425 March 2021
Well played gg doto game. Good series. Its story is very good. I recommend you to watch.
26 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 1 Review
SleepingMorpheus25 March 2021
I may not be a diehard fan of Dota 2. But I used to play a lot. So its nice seeing all thee characters brought to life. In season 1, you follow Davian and Mirana on the journey to get the lotuses of Selemene back. In this journey you get to see fan favorites like Invoker, Luna and of course Terrorblade and he's awesome. While this storyline wasn't as much engaging in the beginning, by the end it redeemed itself leaving us wanting for more. There are lot of factors in the play here, this causes for story to be all over the place, also from that this season provided good groundwork for this to evolve.
27 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Masterpiece
sultanalsawaier25 March 2021
I left dota 2 one year ago but omg when i started watching this anime its so amazing so well done i wish they can improve the animation so i can give it 10 Good work guys.
17 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good start
udonlyu25 March 2021
Doesn't matter if you are a regular Dota 2 player or a new player this anime has something to offer for everybody.
22 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dota 2 came to life!!!
vbajpei25 March 2021
The best thing that has happened in the past one year!! Thank you Netflix and MIR studios!! Looking forward for more!!
18 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You're in for a treat!
courtneyhwang8 April 2021
I have never heard of Dota or knew about this video game in any shape and form previous to binging this series - to say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. Even as someone who doesn't tend to like anime, the execution of this series was extremely well done. Plot was well paced and thickened quite nicely. I was worried that the plot would be confusing for someone who's never played the game, but everything unraveled in a way that was easy to understand. The characters are intriguing, although not a whole lot of development yet. I assume this will be touched on more in season 2 (which I am desperately waiting for!)
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never played the game but...
First_class_sunset27 March 2021
For someone, who knows nothing of the game, I think this was more of a forgetful but fun experience. Some of the voice acting dialogues felt as if they were recorded in a professional studio room and not as if they were from the atmosphere in the show. Some actors also sounded lifeless almost like they were only reading the scripts.

The story wasn't something to write home about, it was a fantasy show full of cliche plot stories, I'm sure most people will forget it in a month. The animation cuts most of the time bothered my comfort, there were so many frequent cuts where the whole screen turns to white blank screen. The battle scenes were rather tiring since they all looked the same and there was little progress in it. I think this show was more focused in the story.
27 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A promising beginning
fazy-5387725 March 2021
A lot of good things. I would not mind more explanation or more tied ends (as in, the end of the season left me with many questions) but Dragon's Blood has a lot of promise. Dragon Prince meets Castlevania meets some cool new ideas.
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Glorious moment for Dota fans
greatgardna27 March 2021
Show is good, the lore is greatly expanded within the characters especially their backstories. Just like the game it's filled with blood and gore, heroes are accurately portrayed to show their ferociousness and valiance throughout the series.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I had no exceptations
maelpenicaud26 March 2021
I knew MIR Studio was a big name, but i wasn't sure how Dota would render in Anime. I was surprised ! There a lot of things that makes this anime cool. The characters are all well develloped I believe. Even the 'discrete ones' (Bran, Marci) are very cool. Davion is a super cool guy and you definitely bond to him. Invoker was the surprise for me, he's portrayed in a very diffrent way than in the game, but his story is very sad and i loved how they portrayed him. Terrorblade is so freaking cool, dragons are so cool. I just love all this. The music is very good and fighting animations are really cool. Just the right amount of violence and gore to me. We really feel the power of a lot of creature (Air dragons look VERY fast). I really liked the story, bonded with characters. There's also a lot of little details that refer to the game, and lots of mysteries. I've watched everything in one day and i have a ton of questions and theories. I'm a huge fan. But there is some negative points in my opinion :

I suppose this is because the first book is only 8 episode long, but the anime is so fast ! Each time a character wakes up, he's directly on his foot and moving. This is good to some extent because the story moves forward and there's a lot happpening but I hope that we will take it a bit more slowly (just a little bit) for book2. I will definitely watch this multiple times to catch all details, while waiting for Book 2 !
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.