Unknown (I) (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 51 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some intense sequences of violence and action, and brief sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- Multiple flashbacks to a shower sex scene. It is vivid, but no actual nudity shown.
- A couple having sex on the other side of the wall can be heard, but nothing seen.
Violence & Gore
- Some fight scenes, the last one is more intense and brutal. The first ones not so long or intense no blood. The last one features some trained martial arts fighting. There is a visible nose bleed. A man gets sliced on his arm with a piece of glass. (brief and little blood is visible and spurts quickly) Then the man is stabbed in the neck (brief and little blood spurts for a second)
- Contains moderate action violence
- A man snaps a woman's neck and drops her to the floor (we hear the crunch, see the action in a reflection and we see the dead woman lying on the floor with her eyes open). Extremely disturbing and shocking given how sudden and uncalled for this scene is.
- We see a video of a suicide bomber blowing himself up in a crowded room (injuries are not evident, but we see flames erupt and people fall to the floor).
- A woman drives a car and pins a man between the car and a van while he shoots at her; she strikes the man twice (we see blood on his face and we see him dead later).
- A woman jabs a man in the neck with an injection of what is presumably a poison, and he twitches and dies.
- A man drinks a cup of coffee that has been laced with cyanide; he flinches, falls to the floor gasping, gets back up, falls into a man's arms, then a chair, takes his last breath and dies.
- A man enters an apartment, grabs a woman around the throat and she falls unconscious; he prepares to inject her in the neck, then holds a gun to her face and another man enters with a metal bar and starts swinging at him.
- Two men fight, one man throws the other into a table that breaks, one presses his thumb into the other man's eye, they punch and kick each other repeatedly, they break through a wall, fall on a bed where a couple lies, and continue fighting.
- A car swerves on a busy road when a refrigerator falls off a truck and onto the roadway, a motorcyclist falls off his cycle and onto the road, the car swerves again and drives through a guardrail and off a bridge into water below; the driver breaks her window and swims out of the car, her passenger has a bloody head wound from striking the window and is unconscious, and the driver breaks the back window and pulls the man out (he seems dead).
- Two cars speed through busy roads and along a sidewalk causing other cars to swerve out of their way and crash, as well as people to jump out of the way: one of the cars gets out of the way of an oncoming streetcar just before being struck, one of the cars is struck by a truck causing it to spin around several times, the truck dumps its contents (kegs of beer) onto the roadway and one onto the windshield of the car, and one of the cars ramps and flips onto its side and then onto its roof and is in the direct path of a streetcar that crashes into it just after the occupants of the car get out; we see one of the drivers with a bloody cut on his head.
- A man punches another man in the stomach and throws him to the ground; he kicks him and strikes him in the head with a gun butt, holds a gun to his chin and is prepared to shoot him.
- A man is tasered on the neck and forced into a van by another man.
- A dead woman is dragged by the arm out of a room and placed in another room where there is another dead body (no wounds or blood are visible).
- We see a dead man lying on a flight of stairs with his eyes open (no blood is evident).
- A man, still partially sedated, runs through a hospital corridor chased by another man that runs into hospital staff and several patients on stretchers.
- A man is restrained at the wrist to a stretcher, he pulls against the restraint and we see his wrist bleed.
- A woman slaps a man in the face and yells at him.
- An alarm sounds in a crowded hotel and people are evacuated; the hotel explodes causing rubble to fall and we see piles of rubble and wounded people on stretchers (no wounds are visible).
- A security detail pushes a man and escorts him out of a room.
- EMTs perform CPR on a man who was pulled out of a river after a car crash; they use paddles and zap him twice.
- We see a man in a hospital room on a breathing machine and with an IV and we see that he has a bump on his forehead.
- A man removes a bandage on his head and we see a healing gash.
- A woman talks about her family having been slaughtered.
- A doctor tells a man that his heart stopped for several minutes and he was in a coma for 4 days.
- 6 uses of 'hell', 4 uses of 'shit', 2 uses of 'bitch', 2 uses of 'damn' (1 paired with "God"), 1 use of 'asshole'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- And older man drinks alcohol from a glass and smokes a cigarette.
- Contains references to smoking
- A nurse injects a sedative into a man's IV port.
- A man injects an unknown substance into a man's IV bag.
- A man puts a powder in a cup of coffee and drinks it (it's cyanide).
- People drink champagne at a reception.
- A man drinks alcohol then coughs and gags and people hold what are presumably alcohol beverages in a nightclub scene.
- A man smokes a cigarette in a couple of scenes.
- A man says, "I smoked 60 a day."
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man in an intense car accident nearly drowns after hitting his head. He is then repeatedly shocked by a defibrillator, and experiences jarring flashbacks of his recent life as he struggles to maintain consciousness (some of those memories are of being in the shower with a woman and engaging in passionate lovemaking, although there are quick, disorientating cuts so nothing explicit is shown)
- Contains intense action sequences
- Refer to the violence and gore section.
- Some of the fighting and car chasing scenes might be disturbing.
- A woman drives erratically through airport traffic and pedestrians causing people to jump out of the way.
- A man becomes angry, yells and collapses.
- A man yells at another man.
- A man is nearly struck by a car and the car screeches to a halt.
- A man is afraid that he is being followed in a train station, he runs, the man behind him runs also, he gets on a train and the doors close as the other man tries to get in.
- Security officials hold a man and a woman.
- The car chase is pretty intense.
Violence & Gore
- A bomb explodes as a woman attempts to deactivate it; we see the flash of flames engulf the woman and a hotel crumbles causing two men to be struck by falling debris (one has a bloody face).
- A woman drives her car into the back of a van and pushes the van over the side of a raised parking garage, the van explodes on impact and the man inside the van is presumably killed.
- Two men get into a brutal fight; one draws a knife, they punch and kick each other and one is slashed on the arm and stabbed in the throat with a shard from a broken mirror (we see blood spurt from both wounds, though it's not that bad, it is the most violent moment in the film).