Straight Outta Compton (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language throughout, strong sexuality/nudity, violence, and drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- Women wear a ton of skimpy outfits throughout the movie.
- On a band bus, shirtless men kiss women wearing bikini tops (revealing cleavage) and short shorts while they makeout to music and the scene ends (sex is implied).
- Two topless women wearing skimpy bikini bottoms are shown swimming underwater in a pool and the camera provides a close-up of their buttocks and the side of one breast.
- Many semi-nude women lean against clothed men's shoulders as the males sit at parties and the women's bare breasts are shown a little close to the men's faces.
- An album cover shows four shirtless men with their privates covered with instruments.
- At an apartment party, men push a woman wearing only panties out into the hall and lock their door and the scene ends and a woman standing inside the door nude (we see some full frontal nudity).
- A woman wearing only panties is beside Dr. Dre trying to get his attention; we see her bare breasts.
- At pool parties topless women and women wearing skimpy bikini tops and short shorts dance and writhe. A scene features a row of six women's buttocks (in bikini bottoms) twerking, while a man smiles. Crude but comical.
- In an apartment party scene, several men are shirtless and many women are nude or topless and wearing skimpy panties (we see breasts and buttocks). DJ Yella is briefly shown having sex with a woman named Valaria (on a hotel bed) as the party rages around them. (We see some movements under the covers and very brief full frontal nudity (when she gets up.)
- While on the tour bus, DJ Yella is watching pornography (briefly seen, graphic) beside MC Ren and the other members are annoyed by the audio and then joke around. This is only in the extended version.
Violence & Gore
- Dr. Dre sees Suge Knight threaten a Black guy, half naked with a pit bull.
- Suge Knight and his goons trick Eazy-E into meeting Dre at the studio. When Eazy-E arrives Suge Knight and his goons beat up Eazy-E and force him to sign Dr.Dre out of his contract. Close ups of Eazy-E's bloodied face after getting beaten up.
- A performance of "Fuck tha Police" is interrupted by police officers and the members of N.W.A. are arrested. During this scene, the audience of the concert incites a riot.
- When Ice Cube doesn't get his money from Bryan Turner, he smashes up his office with a baseball bat
- Dr. Dre witnesses Suge Knight and his goons beat up a man in underwear, as well as Suge beating up an employee after he parked his car at Suge's parking lot.
- We see the aftermath of the Rodney King riots.
- The members of N.W.A are known for swearing.
- A lot of the profanity is said in the music throughout the movie, with one of the songs being titled, "Fuck The Police"
- 293 F-Words, used verbally and on rap songs. Very pervasive and frequent.
- At a concert, Ice Cube tells the crowd to raise their middle fingers.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol is consumed almost religiously by one character and is used a lot by others.
- There is drug use, but not a hefty amount. Marijuana is smoked mostly at parties
- The opening scene of this movie is Eazy E in a trap house. Weed and cocaine are on the table. People are smoking weed. Eazy-E smokes weed again with his bandmates in a later scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There may be one or two frightening scenes in this film, especially the scenes involving the police and another where a group of gang members intentionally intimidate kids on a school bus. Ice Cube using a bat to smash his label executive's office with frustration can be intense.
Sex & Nudity
- Eazy-E sadly passes away due to HIV and pneumonia.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are some emotional scenes, including (but may not be limited to) a scene where Dr. Dre cries strongly following the death of his brother, and when Eazy-E collapses during a recording session and is eventually diagnosed with AIDS. Dr. Dre and Ice Cube visit him in the hospital where he is treated. Eazy-E eventually dies. There is a lot of crying in this scene.