It (I) (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 56 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence/horror, bloody images, and for language|
Sex & Nudity
- Nothing sexual in the film. No nudity in the film.
- A teen boy kisses a teen girl and she kisses him back.
- It's implied that one of the children has abused at a younger age. Not graphic and only implied.
- 4 Boys are shown jumping into a lake wearing only their underwear.
- Richie uses 1-2 innuendos. Not graphic/explicit.
- A young man gets kicked in the crotch.
- The bullies make some mild references about the Losers Club. Not graphic and these are muffled.
- While in a store, a shelf with condoms is seen for about 3 seconds. We do not see the condoms and no one talks about them.
Violence & Gore
- We see several sheep being killed with a bolt gun.
- The characters open a door and see the upper half of a body hanging in a room. It is a little graphic and pretty terrifying.
- All in all, the violence is not as graphic as other R rated horror movies nowadays, with many violent scenes actually occurring offscreen, however blood is prevalent especially in the aftermath scenes.
- There aren't many violent scenes in the movie, but the parts that are very bloody and disturbing.
- Theres a lot of blood effects in this movie and even though its obviously fake blood it is very realistic and graphic
- One of the children falls through a hole on a table, where we see after his bent arm, apparently fractured, no blood is shown.
- There is strong bloody violence/horror throughout. It can be very disturbing.
- This film contains some violent and scary content, but is a lot less disturbing then its reputation and some of the descriptions on here would lead you to believe. There's only one truly graphic and disturbing scene, which occurs at the very beginning of the film. It almost feels as if this movie was targeted for a young adult audience, and If your kid has seen other horror movies, they could probably handle this.
- A 13 year old child is bullied by older children, who cut the letter 'H' into the kids stomach with a switchblade.
- In addition, a teen girl is called a "Slut" a couple times.
- Lots of curse words used by kids including inappropriate hand gestures (putting up the middle finger).
- 61 uses of "fuck". Mild cursing such as "shit", "ass", "pussy", and "bitch" are used.
- Use of the homophobic slurs like "faggot" and "queer"
- A lot of rude behavior and jokes made by kids
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A preteen is shown stealing cigarettes
- A girl is seen smoking a cigarette, then flicking it away before she's done smoking.
- Beverly is shown smoking and stealing cigarettes.
- Teenagers smoke.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Pennywise distorts himself and moves in unnatural ways. Some of this is quite comical, however.
- There is a scene where Pennywise's mouth and hand is ripped open showing Mantis or Werewolf like skin
- Bill's main priority throughout the movie is that he'll find Georgie alive and well, despite both his father and Richie telling him otherwise, many scenes involving this can be emotional.
- People who have a fear of clowns should avoid this movie like the plague
- It transforms into a homeless man with Leprosy. His nose is missing, his eyes are red, his skin is covered in grotesque rashes, and there is a sticky substance leaking from his mouth. one of his legs in incredibly slim, while the other leg is about as wide as an elephant's leg.
- This movie is more frightening than the second movie.
- Pennywise can unhinge it's jaw like a snake, it's disturbing to watch.
Violence & Gore
- Georgie reaches into the sewer for his paper boat, Pennywise opens a slobbering mouth with five rows of sharp teeth, biting his arm off (No injury detail seen); the boy tries to crawl away, but is pulled into the sewer. Blood is shown flowing from the arm into the sewer drain in the rain.
- Beverly hides in her bathroom from her father who tried to rape her, and she hits him on the head with the toilet tank lid (he is seen lying in a large pool of blood later).
- Henry receives a box in the mail containing his lost switchblade that he uses to stab his sleeping father in the neck. Injury detail is hard to discern but lots of blood is shown.
- A man attacks his daughter, she hits him over the head with a vase, causing him to bleed mildly and possibly die. (not shown)
- Georgie (Pennywise in disguise) is shot in the forehead with a bolt gun.
- Henry is pushed down a well to his supposed "death" not shown.
- A child is seen with a monster attached to his face, with blood pouring from both sides.
- Pennywise is shown nibbling on and waving a child's arm. Blood is seen on the severed arm and on Pennywise's mouth.
- A girl is grabbed by a black string substance, she is pulled close to the sink, blood sprays out into her face and covers the whole bathroom. It is obvious the father can't see it and the girl is only seeing it, as it is not really there.
- The gang killed Pennywise by throwing stones at him, at some point part of his brain was missing, so then he fell down for the grand exit.
- As Pennywise tries to attack, and kill Bill & Richie, Beverly stabs his face with a pole, making him to change the appearance of his face, showing big sharp teeth and demonic eyes. The new appearance is distorted and grotesque. He then scares the group and laughs like a maniac.
- A child is seen hanging outside a house door without legs. Very graphic.
- Patrick Hockstetter goes into a sewer pipe looking for Ben and encounters terrifying dead children (zombies) and as he tries to escape, gets his face bitten off by Pennywise (OffScreen) somewhat Intense and Disturbing.
- At the beginning of the film, Georgie's arm gets ripped off by Pennywise.
- Eddie breaks his arm and Richie snaps it back into place. No gore is shown but Eddie screams in pain while Bill and Beverly try to convince Richie to stop.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are many jumpscares. They usually happen at the least expected time.
- In one scene after Pennywise gets stabbed In the eye he turns around with his mouth ripped open showing a little bit of IT and pairs of sharp teeth can be seen, then he rips his hand open with sharp spider like claws.
- IT changes its form according to the children's fears multiple times throughout the movie including dead Georgie, a deformed leper, a headless boy, werewolf claws, mummy, praying mantis arms, deformed flute lady from a painting and most importantly, Pennywise Projector. All in all, the main theme of this film is the portrayal of the biggest fears of a person, and it's done very cleverly.
- Before being dragged to his death, Georgie is shown crawling on the road with his remaining arm, He cried for help, calling for help, he needs help to get Bill. This can be emotionally disturbing and upsetting to viewers.
- Bill finds Georgie hiding behind a well. He walks over to Bill, lacking an arm and holding his paper boat, crying that he wants to go home. At the end of their conversation, Bill shoots Georgie in the forehead. It turns out afterwards that "Georgie" was merely a form of Pennywise's.
- When Bill accepts Georgie's death by just finding his raincoat it's really emotional because his main goal was to find Georgie alive and well
- While nothing happens, Henry Bowers almost shoots a cat with his father's gun. His father stops him but it scared us animal lovers out there.
- The most intense and scary scenes of the movie are (there are 2): The most most intense and scary scene of the movie is when Georgie meets Pennywise. The second intense and scary scene of the movie is when Bill saw Georgie in basement and he meets Pennywise this scene is very scary for youngers and adults.