Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated R for intense sequences of violence throughout, and for disturbing images|
Sex & Nudity
- People are implied to be kept as sex slaves, but this is never shown, just said. They are scantily clad throughout the movie.
- In the beginning one of the the milking peoples breast is shown and a rear is seen later in the film , no sex is shown.
- A fully nude woman is shown in an electrical tower.
Violence & Gore
- There are several instances of gun violence though not excessive nor stylised in a way which makes it exciting to watch.
- A woman wounds a man with a double-crossbow, sending a long dart right below the man's eye and through to the back of his head and another bolt into his chest with some blood flow; the wounded man jumps off a tall vehicle and slams two spears into another vehicle, which explodes and presumably kills him.
- We briefly see a chainsaw cut into a man, with some blood spraying.
- People get ran over by huge cars countless times throughout
- A brutal brawl breaks out between three main characters, they are pistol whipped and tackled to the ground.
- A war boy is pistol whipped in the face with blood spurts.
- The violence is almost completely bloodless until the last 30 minutes, where blood and gore become much more frequent.
- A man is shot from a far distance. We later see that both of his eyes got shot. Blood is all over his wounds.
- Though actual gore is kept to a minimum, there are frequent scenes of violence and very long vehicular chase scenes. These include scenes where people fight or are shot. However, injury detail is very limited.
- Many people are shot but it cuts before the actual gore is seen. But sometimes it is seen, and it's quite graphic.
- At least one use of fuck but all strong language is said over loud crashes and explosions, making them very hard to hear.
- A couple of uses of bollocks and schlanger
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Several of the mechanics/war boys spray their faces with spray paint and you can see they are affected by this like a drug. Similar to huffing.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film features numerous intense, crazy car chases that host scarred, disfigured, and unnatural individuals. The dark, twisted themes of survival, preservation, and violence are lightened by the presence of slight comic relief and over-the-top action. The movie is half action and half thriller, most of the villains look disfigured and therefore creepy. The film is very intense because it is basically one long car chase and will keep its viewers on the edge of their seats.
Violence & Gore
- Imperator Furiosa, attacks Immortan Joe as he drives his big rig vehicle, she grabs the chain connected to his breathing mask and throws it in the tires of his rig, it is then violently ripped from his face killing him, there's lots of blood and gore but is quick and brief. This might be disturbing for some, others might see justice in his death, but of course is left for viewers to decide.
- After reaching the Citadel, Furiosa removes the sheet covering Immortan Joe's body revealing that he is missing his entire lower jaw. The scene is really graphic but it lasts only for a second.
- A soldier grabs one of his warlord's wives as she flees, and she falls under the wheels of a monster truck and four other wives cry and scream as they flee in a tanker; the warlord holds the limp body of his captured wife and the camera cuts to the inside of a monster truck where a man looks at the woman's swollen abdomen and he uses a large knife in close-up to split the woman's abdomen (below the screen) and we see gore and two baby feet (slime covers the man's mouth) before the man pulls up the bloody umbilical cord, cuts it and pronounces the baby boy dead.
- A man stabs a woman warrior in the side and we see a lot of blood as she pulls the knife out and eventually collapses. A man stabs her other side to relieve pressure and to re-inflate a collapsed lung (no blood) and he inserts a large needle into his own arm and a large needle into her arm and gives her a transfusion (blood flows at each needle); the woman recovers with a swollen eye and many scratches over her face and arms.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- An intense scene where a character is dying and slowly closing their eyes, some injury detail is seen. Another character is panicking and struggling to keep them alive. This is very intense as these two people are the two main roles in the movie. The dying character survives after viewers are set to believe she has died, she is seen very weak and injured the rest of the movie.