Hunting Ava Bravo (2022) Poster

Don't bother
beckyrichardson82 July 2022
Who votes for these films?? Absolute waste of time. Terrible acting, ridiculous storyline and a complete waste of 78 minutes! Characters that you don't care if they live or die.
27 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you can, don't watch this movie
rafael-sabino21 August 2022
It's a horrible movie to watch. I almost didn't make it to the end. Totally predictable with terrible acting, very weak script. I imagined something else, not something I would watch again.
29 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Insanely generic and slow paced...
paul_haakonsen24 August 2022
I like how this movie is labeled as an action thriller. But I am getting ahead of myself here.

When I sat down here in 2022 to watch "Hunting Ava Bravo", from writers Julie Auerbach, Kevin Tavolaro and Marc Blucas, it was doing so without ever having heard about the movie. However, I like the movie's cover, and the synopsis sounded interesting enough. Plus, the fact that I hadn't already seen the movie before, also made me sit down to watch it.

Now, I don't understand the need for hunting Ava here, because the sheer boredom instilled from this movie would be sufficient to do the trick. Man, talk about a slow paced and monotonous movie. And this was an action thriller? I bed to differ. Nothing thrilling about this movie, it was simply too uneventful and slow paced.

The acting in the movie was okay. I wasn't familiar with lead actress Kate del Castillo, but it was fun enough to see Marc Blucas make it to a movie such as this. A shame that they had nothing to work with in terms of script, storyline, character development and dialogue.

Sure, there was potential for a more interesting movie here, but director Gary Auerbach simply squandered it.

If you enjoy action thrillers, then I would strongly suggest that you get your thrills elsewhere, because "Hunting Ava Bravo" simply isn't worth the effort.

The movie's cover was actually the best part about the entire experience.

My rating of "Hunting Ava Bravo" lands on a three out of ten stars.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply the dumbest movie I've ever seen. Don't bother.
blloctavio8 August 2022
I mean, this is not even worth watching on freebee channels. It is just that bad.

It was basically over in the first three minutes, when the kidnappee bashes the killer in the head (though she could have just stopped him from coming out of the basement in the first place -- after he left a message saying, "I'm coming out of the basement, please don't bash me in the head, as that would not be sporting").

At least no b-roll wolves were harmed.
20 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Something missing
opticuscro4 November 2022
A rating of 4 stars fits this film perfectly, I have no objections. First of all, I must mention that the film obviously has not the slightest originality, so it reminds me of many films I have seen so far with the theme of hunting people by rich people. The film is watchable but on the verge of unwatchability. The story is empty and not well presented, at least that's my opinion. The story is actually a bit pointless and uninteresting in parts, even boring. I watched the whole movie to the end, which is interesting, with very few rewinds, but the whole time I had the impression that something was missing for the movie to be complete, dont know..... this is some below average time killer.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
i didn't think it was that bad
ted4806023 August 2022
It was unbelievable, but i have seen a lot worse. It had action and a plot. I like the lead character, because she did a good job, but you can blame her for dialog or the script. I believe she did what was given to her.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I like this movie
No1GBG24 August 2022
I have probably seen atleast 10 movies with the same script and i love it.

I have seen 10.000 movies, i love movies is my life. This is ok movie, people are to negative.
7 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable and needed subtitles at times
mwnunes11 September 2022
Overall, not totally bad, but the main character, Ava, at times was speaking either Portuguese or Spanish and there were no subtitles.

Her acting was not great but I think it was mostly to the way she spoke English as some of her lines seemed forced to say.

Other than in back story, there were really only 3 actors and 1 didn't have any lines and just grunted.

The bad guy, a rich action seeker that must be so bored being rich, that he needs to hunt humans that survived something in their lives. He did not seem very believable.

I did make it to the end but only because I had hope that things would get better, but they really didn't.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.