Suicide Squad (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 31 items
Sex & Nudity
- Many female characters wear very tight, cleavage revealing outfits.
Violence & Gore
- During a massive fight against enemies who's heads appear to be made of stone, several heads can be seen exploding.
- The film contains numerous scenes of very comical action-violence mostly involving gun firing and hand-to-hand combat.
- Some of the stronger sequences include one where an alien's body is stabbed and another where a humanoid alien's hand is severed by a sword, but is quickly regenerated.
- There is also a scene depicting a character conjuring a ring of fire which injures prisoners.
- A supervisor shoots four subordinates to abet in their cover-up.
- One character who disobeys order gets killed.
- Ships and secret bases are seen being destroyed.
- All the members of the Suicide Squad are seen being injected with tracking chips.
- Harley Quinn gets electrocuted by the Joker.
- Several uses of "dumbass"
- Flagg says, "God dammit."
- The expletive "Goddamn" is used several times throughout.
- "Screwed" is used
- Use of Jesus Christ's name as a swear word.
- Over 12 uses of f*ck heard in songs.
- The film does contain some brief utterance of the expletive "f**k", it can be heard briefly on some songs such as "Gangsta", "Sucker for Pain" and other as well, along with various uses of "damn", "dickhead," "bitch," "freaking" and "son of a bitch" and one use of "C*nt"
- 'Sh*t' is said about 50 times.
- The Joker refers to Harley Quinn as "the fire in my loins, the itch in my crotch."
- "Pussy" is used several times.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Waller tells Flagg that if he doesn't comply to her orders, that she will see to it "that your lady-friend will spend the next couple of months in a drug induced coma."
- The main characters are drugged many times in the prison.
- Numerous characters are seen drinking, from hard alcohol to red wine.
- One character asks another to light a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Harley Quinn's behavior and nature are psychotic and unsettling, to the point where she crosses the line of being absolutely insane, in fact even more so than the Joker, and this may all be scary for some. Her behavior basically goes on par with the Joker from "The Dark Knight".
- Some scenes of prison torture of inmates.
- One character is possessed by a witch and many of the scenes where the character is invoked are frightening.
- Some characters are transformed from humans to faceless, zombie-like creatures.
- Several men attempt to assist a man who has had an attack. The man turns on his helpers and consumes them.
- The nature of the Joker can be quite dark and unsettling, every time he is on screen he displays disturbing behavior such as laying in the middle of knives and guns while laughing, and laughing while firing a machine gun.
- 'Suicide Squad' can be an intense film in it's first half, with scenes of characters being electrocuted, beaten up, etc. In the 2nd half, the film is a generic action movie.