Cop Out (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated R for pervasive language including sexual references, violence and brief sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- A man has an irrational belief that his wife is cheating on him with the neighbor.
- A small amount of other sexual dialogue, some of the raunchy kind. A man constantly teases Paul about his wife cheating on him whilst in the backseat of the police car.
- You actually see footage of the camera in the bedroom. You see wife in lingerie sitting on bed and a guy's behind going towards her....implication that she's about to have sex with the neighbor but it turns out it was her cousin who has no interest in woman (they don't have sex as this was set up)
- Tracy Morgan's character imagines his wife going to take out the trash and she see's their neighbor making thrusting noises and images towards her.
Violence & Gore
- There's a brief chase/shootout near the beginning, and two men fire guns at each other in a train station. One of them runs along a street, and is hit by a car.
- A man's shoulder is seen with a patch on a bullet wound; some blood is seen on the patch.
- A man is shot with a machine gun some blood is seen on the counter of the shop (though this scene is brief).
- Two people are shot in the head all are offscreen and most of the time all that is seen is the gun being pointed at someones head and then cuts to another scene.
- There's a car chase in which men in both cars shoot at each other. The chase goes into a cemetery, and one of the cars crashes into a grave hole, and a man flies through the windshield and hits a gravestone, and he dies.
- A high-up Mexican mafioso and his henchmen orchestrate an assassination of a Mexican government official, then cuts out the tongues of people who are either witnesses or employees.
- A man's handcuffs are crammed into a police car bumper, to the point where he can't escape, and in order to get information, the two cops drive at increasing speeds.
- A man is shot in the chest killing him and destroying the baseball card (this is played for laughs)
- In a torture scene, a man is chained up while another man hits baseballs at him. He's seen with moderate blood on him.
- A boy kicks a man in the groin, and the man punches the boy in the groin.
- 5 obscene hand gestures
- 95 uses of "fuck" (18 paired with "mother"), 37 uses of "shit", 15 uses of "ass" (2 paired with "hole"), 6 uses of "Goddamn", 6 uses of "bitch", 6 uses of "dick", 5 uses of "hell", 5 uses of "cock", 4 uses of "Jesus Christ", 4 uses of "Jesus", 2 uses of "prick", 2 uses of "pussy", and 1 use of "Christ".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- References to drug cartels and marijuana use are in the script, along with clear alcohol consumption.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The final shootout is mildly intense.
- The car chase is mildly intense.
- A Mexican gang's method of torture is to chain/tie someone up in the basement of their house and hit baseballs at them. Mildly intense.
Violence & Gore
- There's a large shootout in and around a house, and several men are shot, with small blood spurts seen. One man is shot in the shoulder (some blood seen), and he and another man fight until he hits the man in the head and shoots him many times (not shown). Another man is shot in the head (bullet hole shown, and later seen again in more detail).