Squared Love (2021) Poster

(2021)

Plain as a pizza that doesn't have enough cheese
dreamlikediana13 February 2021
I wouldn't say it's a waste of time, but I wouldn't say it's 10 stars either. It was average, but most romance movies are if you think about it. If you're looking for a comedy, this isn't it. It's like a plain pizza, but without too much cheese. It's not cheesy but rather just plain. If you want to kill time or have a nice self-care night, like I did, it's not bad. It's watchable. You're not going to be cringing in any of the scenes.

One thing I really want to mention is the subtitles. As someone whose native language is Polish, the subs aren't on point. It doesn't matter if you choose English or English CC, they're both missing a lot of context I'd say. A lot hasn't been translated well, and that can really make or break the movie I believe. There were parts I giggled at, but then I look over at the subs, and I'm like "Huh? That makes no sense."

Even still, listening to the original audio with the movie there's little to no character or plot development. The movie, or should I say story, transitions from one to the next in an odd way. It doesn't shift smoothly, we're like "oh well we are here now. Okay. Sure." There's nothing to hate and nothing to really draw my attention to really. Plain like a pizza that doesn't have enough cheese or toppings or anything really is the best way to describe this.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Skip it
clargaespada14 February 2021
Not much in this movie made sense. A main plot point is that apparently no one is able to recognize a woman if her hair is curly and she isn't wearing glasses (yes, it's the dreaded "her hair's in a ponytail and she's wearing glasses so she's plain" thing). And it's never quite clear what the male lead is. A model? The description says something about a journalist, but that's never mentioned in the movie. The whole thing is silly and contrived. But the biggest question is why would this woman go through so much trouble to try hide that she's a part-time model? That made no sense.
17 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Polish disaster
akandratavicius12 February 2021
There are great, good and bad movies from Poland, the latter belongs to the last category. It is not even a movie, but a collection of separate episodes....i guess the director missed some semesters at the university or passed directing to the cleaning staff..... It is not worth your time....
21 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
very enjoyable
andrewcarless13 February 2021
Reviews which range from 1 to 10 demonstrate some rather picky reviewers. The leads are attractive, the plot is ingenious, the subsidiary characters all make their contribution and it sounds as if the original dialogue is pretty good but spoiled by average subtitling. The doom-mongers all write like professional critics ; for normal people who enjoy romcoms this is a decent evening's entertainment
24 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plotline-less recycled story
milton-ayala-restrepo14 February 2021
Poor iteration of the cinderella story. Awful direction and even worse screenwriting. Scenes lacked of coherence. Key scenes show unbelievable circumstances and predictable lines. The most interesting part was finding out how many times the movie inspired a "Really?" from my wife...
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An absurd and infantile plot you'd expect from a kids movie, yet promoted to adults as a RomCom.
ironhalo18 February 2021
Until proven otherwise I'm going to assume this movie was written by an 8 year old child in Poland whose favorite movie is "The Princess Switch." Did anyone at Netflix actually watch this all the way through before deciding to promote it so heavily on their home screen?
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost horrible :)
nessip7714 February 2021
Storyline was horrible, dialogues also. The best was shots and locations, very colorful and really pleasant to watch.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor Movie
srbmarch13 February 2021
I really didn't like this movie, poor story, poor acting, everything is just poor... Once u will start watching you will know what is next...
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful Family Movie
uros-0692212 February 2021
Amazing movie.One of this movies where after watching you feel happy.Nice start of 2021. :D
12 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
brandycantrellphotography12 February 2021
The actors and actresses talk like they're reading directly from the script. It's forced, and it didn't help that the lip sync was off a bit. Netflix must've decided to dabble in low budget films. It was the worst movie I've seen in a long time!
14 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
agjemiola12 February 2021
Terrible acting, cheesy, fake, silly, cheap, it felt like a movie made 20 years ago. I wasted my evening and I don't recommend
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worrrrrrst storyline
stutiphotography12 February 2021
They think audience is stupid. Netflix seems to have degraded its standards heavily.
12 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible. Just skip. You aren't missing anything.
addisongwolfford15 February 2021
I want able to get through the whole movie. Since I am assuming it was originally in another language that isn't English so I had a really had time seeing the words not match with the lips. It gave me really bad ocd. If you have ocd don't watch it.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Freshness, beautiful feelings, a unique scenario.
yasin-9989612 February 2021
I wanted to see a comedy movie and I came across this movie. Reading reviews I was a little sad because most of them are very critical and practically destroy the film. However, seeing the trailer, I decided to watch this movie anyway and I did well. It is true it is an easy film, it is not with who knows what depths, suspense or riddles. But how deep are the comedies? The comedy genre is based on a funny situation, and this film focuses on such a situation and a frothy dialogue and the film has many clever and funny lines. In addition, it is an airy, clean film, it exudes a certain purity, candor, tenderness, it talks about beautiful feelings and leaves you in a good mood! The actors are young and beautiful, the frames are elegant and vivid, everything takes place in a note of optimism or we need to charge with optimism. It may not be a top ten film, but it is certainly a much better comedy than many other American comedies, and I gave it ten to balance the scales, precisely because many discredited it for no reason, giving it undeserved low marks.
12 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shockingly bad
eilidhmacleod-139005 March 2021
This movie is shockingly bad. Absolutely no part of the storyline, if there is a storyline beyond woman looks different without glasses and a wig, makes any sense. I have watched dubbed movies before, and sometimes things get lost when translating to English, but this one is the worst by far. There isn't even anything funny to make up for the lack of a storyline. Don't waste your time.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Typical Cinderella Movie
aischaamrhein12 February 2021
This movie is a very typical Cinderella story. You know what is going to happen, the story will not surprise you. The characters are shallow, the acting is not great. But if you like that Cinderella stuff, you might just find a guilty pleasure in this one.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh Romcom
Movi3DO9 March 2021
Romcom with fancy cars and models. A celebrity journalist and renowned womanizer starts to rethink his life choices after he falls for a mysterious model who leads a double life.

As a romcom, I think the couple was very charming and naturally had good chemistry (because they are both hot). I like the main female character because of her background and her interaction with the kids. The main guy, although he is good with kids, was a bit oblivious and somehow not have any doubt about the main girl's identities.

As for problems, this movie had lots of romcom as well as secret-identities cliches. There were not any surprises, and some side plots had little significance. Also, the secret-identity plot was pretty weak, and sometimes questionable.

The end was cheesy, but overall I had an okay time with the movie. 5/10
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very likable
imajer13 February 2021
Not my usual thing leaving reviews here,.. but after reading some of the negative reviews I just had to,... I just watched the movie, and it is a very likable movie,.. nice lead characters with obvious chemistry, nice story, a bit predictable, but all tv movies with this theme are,... all in all,I enjoyed it, and it left me a nice feeling after it ended. My advice, if you watch the movie, please watch it on original language, and use subtitles.... I tried to watch it with english audio, but didn't like the voices they chose, and it is very badly synced... reminded me on old synced Jackie Chain movies from the 80s,.... it was that bad,.. but after changing it to original Polish audio, and used subs, everything was better.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First time watching a Polish movie
ascaree-8062914 April 2021
I enjoyed the movie. It wasn't sappy or stupid. The main stars were fun and nice to look at. Refreshing to see a teacher's work praised.

Though it will win no awards I would watch it again.
enjoyable
chris_ts13 April 2021
Good senario, talented actors but something is missing...
Don't watch polish cinema
SamuelGN11 April 2021
Filled with flat characters and with a story told in a super weird and confusing way, Squared Love wants to accompany 365 Days in the section of horrible polish movies.
"Ugly duckling" model
kosmasp3 April 2021
The concept is quite familiar and the romcom aspect of the whole movie either speaks to you or it doesn't. And maybe in a couple of decades movies like this one will be frowned upon because of the cliches and things that are deemed offensive (some may argue that certain stereotypes offend them even today - which is a fair point) ... overall it will depend on your willingness to cut the movie some slack and suspend your disbelief.

The two leads are really well cast and the chemistry can be felt. Yes there is superficiality (see point I made above), but this is a movie after all. Not everything has to be dissected and analyzed. Especially not if you are trying to have some fun with it ... if you can overlook certain things, this can be quite entertaining.
Awful
bethjazotte-6093116 March 2021
Filme ruim. Não perca seu tempo. Fraco. Ruim. Só vi até o final ora falar pra quem gosta de filme romântico que é realmente ruim. Awful movie. Do not waste your time. Weak. Lame. I only saw it until the end, so tell those who like chick flics movies that are really bad.#movieslover #netflix
Painfully predictable
tomilipin21 February 2021
If you know the story of Cinderella than you don't need to watch this film. It's basically the same. Well, actually, it's even worse. Terribly naïve, oversimplified and full of fairytale themes.
Amazing story
zxali-5245813 February 2021
Cast and filming is attractive. I like double characters
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.