"I Am Groot" Groot's First Steps (TV Episode 2022) Poster

(TV Series)

(2022)

It's Alright I Suppose
SHU_Movies10 August 2022
There's honestly not a whole lot that can be said about it. Animation's good in the sense that it doesn't look like it's live-action, but it still looks good. Aside from that, there's nothing more to it.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Groot
yusufpiskin10 August 2022
Better than Thor: Love and Thunder.

Well, well, well At least it's a production that serves its purpose.

It's not a multi-million dollar piece of garbage.
11 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outstanding animation and cute short!
zacharyygreenberg10 August 2022
Sometime between the end of Guardians of the Galaxy and the start of its sequel, Baby Groot grew up from a flora colossus living in a pot into a toddler running around being mischievous.

The new Disney+ series I Am Groot pilot episode shows us how Baby Groot got out of this pot and began walking. The animation of the episode was some of the best I have ever seen. It did not even look like a cartoon and it felt like watching a regular Marvel show. The Guardian's ship The Benatar looked exactly as it had in in the movies, the tree and robots looked lifelike, and Groot appeared just as he had in the movie. Groot's emotions were shown well on his face including whether he was happy, playful, sad, or frustrated.

This episode was a great start to the show. Baby Groot was adorable to watch and it was cool seeing him use his stretching powers. The plot was simple, yet effective for the short.

I can not wait to continue watching this series!
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Vin Diesel Work
christopherstamp10 August 2022
This is absolutely the best voice work Vin Diesel has ever done - easily!!!

((In the MCU))

Also, The animation quality is extremely good. Not an amazing story, but funny for extremely young kids :)
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I am Groot.
Pjtaylor-96-13804419 September 2022
The first of five short films focusing on everyone's favourite space tree, 'Groot's First Steps (2022)' is a quick and inconsequential depiction of its title character's rebirth after the events at the end of 'Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)'. It isn't terrible, but its underwhelming visual effects and uninspiring plot don't do it any favours. It isn't particularly funny and it isn't all that engaging. There isn't all that much to it, really. Still, there are some elements that work relatively well and it doesn't exactly overstay its welcome. It's below average, but it's not the worst way to spend five minutes.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We are Groot
AvionPrince1623 August 2022
So this is the first episode : the animations are pretty nice and we follow that little guy from the Avengers and his first steps. Its so annoying that they didnt make an animation that make 20 minutes or something. Its good but too much short. I enjoyed it anyway and ready to follow Groot in other Adventures.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.