Grudge (2021) Poster

(2021)

Who and why?
kosmasp16 October 2021
A genre movie from Turkey - and I would like to believe quite a good one at that. It does not reinvent the wheel, but it does what it says on the cover. Enough suspense from start to finish, more than enough twists and turns. You may be able to predict certain things, but overall I think it can be a "fun" ride, if you let it.

Of course it doesn't hurt if you are a fan of the thriller and crime genre. The acting is good and the main actor is quite well known - he also worked on the script apparently. That being said, he does not glorify his own character .. there are a lot of grey areas the movie explores. Life and death - morals and consequences of your actions. Of course certain things may not be tied up nicely to your satisfaction ... but a movie does not need to do that.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good
piggulu14 October 2021
I can't remember seeing any Turkish movies but I'm sure I've seen a couple. Anyways, I thought this was great, in reality an 8.5. The story was unique (at least to me), interesting, and filled with lots of suspense and twists.

You have to suspend your disbelief a little extra as to why the lead didn't just tell the truth immediately since no one would've doubted him, but it's not such a big deal to get hung up on. And in the great words of Pitch Meetings, "it's so the movie can happen!" which was well worth it.

Probably in the top 3 of Netflix produced movies all year, which isn't exactly much since I find most of them highly lackluster.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing movie
yosomary16 October 2021
It deserves higher rate. It is amazing movie and i enjoyed so much.. Nice story and good actors i like it so much. I didn't expect the ending it was incredible and I advice everyone to watch it.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting and recommended
mcc-084459 October 2021
Recommended. New steps in Turkish movies. Good story, decent directing, impressive acting.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't Stand Watching
Mainecoon9998 October 2021
Bad directing, bad screenplay, bad editing. The premise sounds promising but stakes are too simple and everything is boringly predictible. Characters are one dimensional. Soundtrack is disturbingly 90s. I am sorry but this is how a crime drama should not be. Watch "Hunting Season" for a much much better Turkish Crime Drama.
44 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scenario Could Be Better
edizozturk10 October 2021
Besides Yilmaz Erdogan's acting, the movie was moderate. Not so bad, not so good. You can enjoy the movie by accepting that this is a re-make of a previous story.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't believe the reviews of 1, this was a good Turkish movie done by Netflix
guljan113 October 2021
Don't understand the reviews of 1 for this movie, people must have watched an entirely different movie to me. It was what it was a revenge movie, it had a beginning a middle and and end, it was tightly directed and expected you to use your brain not be spoon fed. Not what I was expecting at all the when I found out about this movie. I'm a Turkish movie and series fanatic so I've seen many. This was up there with some of the best took me until more than 3/4 of the way through to figure out the who was doing what, I'm glad I spent my time watching it.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Scenario I've Watched Recently
gokselcin9 October 2021
To avoid announcing a spoiler, it could be said that the scenarao is an entirely failure!

The movie promises a grudge-vengeance story to the audience but, unfortunately none of the connection points viewed in the begginning reach a significant result. Thus, the movie leaves the viewer alone asking "why, why, why!!!" in response to numereous disconnected issues and scenes.
18 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Netflix crap
Moviedog268 October 2021
Yes, another piece of crap from Netflix. Had enough? More coming soon.

Turkish cinema had a few good productions a few years back, but not this one, sorry.

Do not waste your time.
21 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BKM Productions
yusufpiskin8 October 2021
2021 Netflix movie. It's actually a Re-make production.

And the movie was made better than the original version.

People are already ready for negative thinking and have voted and commented without watching the movie.

As for the subject; Although Yilmaz Erdogan is 53 years old, he played as if he was 35 years old. Especially not in close-up fight scenes.

Cem Yigit Uzumoglu is truly an amazing young talent. He has fulfilled the role given to him well.

There is nothing to be said for Ahmet Mumtaz Taylan. He is an amazing theater and film actor.

It's the director's second feature film and it didn't shoot inexperienced.

Cinematographer Serkan Guler showed great skill in dark scenes.

The movie was released in 4k. Sound engineering is very good. Although there is no 5.1 dolby, the sounds are not lost.

In fact, the thing that bothers me the most is that the movie is not Dolby Atmos, but 2 channel stereo.

Long story short, it's a production where you can grab your corn and beer and watch.
13 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Grudge
ronconner-6647520 October 2021
I thought it was an excellent movie, kept me guessing from the start. I loved the plot and kept me in suspense the whole time. Very good and even the acting was very convincing and thought out. Love revenge type movies and this one ranks high for a foreign made film.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Movie Overall - Exciting/ Thrilling/ Action
aydin-kizilirmak22 October 2021
To start with, Yilmaz Erdogan has done again wonderful acting. It was true reflection of how the character would be in real life.

Plot is exciting and thrilling. I have watched till the end without blinking my eyes. Morals, motivations of the characters and the way scenes are developed were truly amazing.

It was quite a realistic plot and yet very surprising.

I couldn't believe the low score rating, there must be a scam or something. It is certainly a 8, 8.5 movie!!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply awful...
semihilkaykaradag9 October 2021
It might be one of the worst movie, I have ever watched. There is nothing good in the movie; scenario is all time low, all the actings are dramatically awful, the musics are even not music, all the details are very very bad.

It's just waste of time to watch it.

On the other hand, I have never understood the movie policy of Netflix. They have hundreds of extraordinary TV series, but regarding movies, they cannot chose/make something specials. Most of the movies of Netflix are pretty low level that might give damages to their image.
11 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
Cloninglady9 October 2021
It's hard to belive how they messed up both directing and screenplay, totally waste of time. The story itself is quite inconsistent so I literally felt insulted.
9 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Costumes have better acting
yilmazke-8-1426910 October 2021
Don't waste your time with seeing famous names acting lead roles. Yilmaz Erdogan (Harun) has ever worst acting yet.

Scenario is full of nonsense and non-necessary dramatization.
9 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible movie
mhepekiz10 October 2021
When producers in a hurry to send content to Netflix, quality getting worse..

Too many logical mistakes in this movie..
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No way !!
hakanunsal728 October 2021
The longest TicToc video I have ever watched. Really bad acting. I was surprised to see Yilmaz Erdogan and Ahmet Mümtaz to be a part of this.
6 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NO HOPE FOR MOVIE INDUSTRY IN TURKEY
aslanatik8 October 2021
Turkish movie sector has no progress in years, bad soundtrack, bad scenario, bad acting, nothing new, unrealistic. Something like 80s Los Angeles cop movies.

Sociologically, underdeveloped Turkish movie sector has to be examined.

At least actors in the sector, should watch Iceland serials, a country with a population of 350,000.

Finally, as compare to Korean movie sector, the difference is something 30/40 years.
12 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please find a better title (than GRUDGE or KIN)
aliblahblah5 November 2021
Policemen as defector, rather than defender, of the law is a common theme of crime movies (particularly those from Hong Kong), therefore it's hardly any surprise or delight when watching GRUDGE (2021). The revenging sibling plot can be found in BLANK (2019), so the ending is kind of revealed in the first scene (To be frank, the original Turkish title "KIN" is a giveaway). Nevertheless, this movie is well-produced, with good acting, and not a bad choice if someone desires to enjoy a movie from Middle East.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Save your time and don't watch it.
cakyolcu18 November 2021
The worst Turkish movie I watched in recent years. Bad acting even worse plot, cliches cliches cliches. Hands off!! I do not understand how on earth a decent Turkish actor like Yilmaz Erdogan can end up in such a shame.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
such a masterpiece
melisvural-581779 October 2021
Scenario was amazing. I wish I could erase my memory and watch this movie again. This is how revenge and justice can best be dealt with. Congratulations.
8 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The hours you spend watching this will not be refunded!
niyaziozturkg9 October 2021
Go and watch the movie called "Theeb" to see how talents a make movie!
5 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed in the first two minutes
andreidreglea2 November 2021
I'm sorry, I don't want to keep watching it past the scene with two police man in the car. I can see the contour of panels of screen that plays "riding in traffic". The size of the cars they are "passing by" are so big that look like they drive in a city for giants. Who can give an "ok" to such a scene and move on as a director????? It's 2021 ffs! Netflix?????!!!!!!!!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wish it was a tv series
toykantopcu-867-14408910 October 2021
-all the scenario is depending on dramatic moments of characters without constructing their backstories and depth.

-predictible ending

-not enough time to construct all the characters with their own stories. Would be better if it was a TV series.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's so bad i made an account here
marianneleee11 October 2021
I watched it until the end because i hoped some things will get cleared then.

Hollywood could make a decent movie with it because some of the necessary pieces are there.

But it really made no sense at all or maybe it's cultural difference.

Don't watch it!
3 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.