Record of Ragnarok (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Netflix should apologize and relinquish rights
knimako-4494617 June 2021
For an anime strickly about fighting there is not one continuous fight scene. The actual action is basically colored manga panels.

It seems they spent all their money on the appearance of the show and had nothing else to spare. Its obvious they extend any dialogue scene and flashback to its max potential to avoid having to make an actual action scene.

It is such a shame so many other animation studios and productions could do this anime so much more justice. The potential for this was sky high with, with the proliferation of so much new anime series with their focus on combat, this pales in comparison.
96 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More actions please.
Movi3DO17 June 2021
A brand new Netflix anime just dropped. 13 Human and gods battled each other in the final battle of Ragnarok to determine if humanity will be destroyed by the gods.

The series is the typical fighting anime where characters spend 1000 years talking and having flashbacks before actually fighting for like 10 minutes. There were only 3 matches out of the 13 in the first season, and each took about 4 episodes. If you like this kind of anime, you would probably enjoy this anime as it wasn't unique in its plot formula.

However, the interesting part of the series was that different gods and famous historical figures fought each other. Each character had a flashback, and the flashback served to hype up the character, which is the usual stuff. Of course, the flashbacks were blown and exaggerated.

Coming in, I expected lots of fun actions, even though I was aware that there would be character flashbacks. But oh man, there were just so much narrations compared to actual fighting scenes. The first fight was the worst. I got so dragged and bored at the excessive talking and reactions. The later two matches were better and had more actions. I did have some fun watching those two matches, but still the long narration delayed the excitement and thrill of these fights.

As for animation, it was pretty okay for the most part. Every male character has crazy muscles, and some of the female characters looked excessively erotic. Again, this is the usual stuff. However, some CGI scenes were noticeably bad, especially the one with the guy who played the violin. The hip movements were so unrealistic and weird. It looked like his body was wiggling.

Overall, a fun concept that I found some entertainment in, but the overload of narrations and reactions really dragged the pacing. Hope if they do a season 2, which they probably will, there would be a lot more actual fightings. 5/10.
56 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They just don't shut up and fight
eaunlimited17 June 2021
Come on we keep getting flashbacks and too much talks between the fights, it really just felt like commercials, and the action wasn't as heated and gory as they portrayed it to be or I assumed it to be, honestly I got bored of it immediately it began.
80 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is kinda embarassing for Netflix....
costicamarius-8187717 June 2021
I feel like netflix is trying to ruin the anime industry by taking good mangas and doing them dirty...Like they made such an average anime out of an amazing manga.... I had so many emotions reading the manga, but literally 0 emotions watching the anime...It felt so empty for some reason. Just go read the manga it s far better.
76 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Netflix is ruining the anime industry
Again and again Netflix is anime..i waited to see a real fight yet all i see is garbage.. director of this anime wich picked by Netflix .. should never direct anything else.
68 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The narrative is so bad, it hurts !
rapan17 June 2021
Just spare your time and watch some good anime. Luckily Netflix still has some. This is not one of those. It is so bad i even spare my time writing about it. No clue who wrote the script, it's just embarrasing.

I stopped watching the series 5min after the 3 episode. If i am very very bored i might continue, but i seriously doubt that.
49 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Smh always using the cheap studios
jeremiahsgreenwood17 June 2021
Netflix once again using a 2nd rate studio and ruining a great manga. They ruined Kengan Ashura which is quite possibly the greatest tournament style martial arts manga outside of DBZ of course. Now they ruined another ELITE martial arts tournament manga. With shoddy animation. Theres NO EXCUSE for wlite studios like MAPPA and Studio Bones to not be used for this epic manga.
50 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
90 % talking, 10 % fighting
javrz18 June 2021
You will find yourself fast forwarding so many times that you will eventually get bored. I didn't watch all the episodes; too tedious.
30 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Animation abosolutely atrotious
ShutTheUpBy17 June 2021
WHY ARE NETFLIX RUINING MY FAVORITE MANGA LITERALLY ITS SO BAD, first of all they changed some the story into some cheap corny plot and its sooooo annoying why doesnt netflix listen netflix sucks one of the most infuriating shows of all time dont watch the anime please read the manga. Also the animation sucks its one of the worst why does netflix wont listen i also loved kegan ashura but they made the animation so bad i hate this show so much pleaase listen or just stop adapting mangas all together.
43 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good idea, but what happened?
tomimattila-5457317 June 2021
I havent seen anything this bad in awhile. Started pretty good, idea was good. But storytelling sucks so hard. Stretching episodes with nonsense. Everything that happened in the first 3 episodes could have been told in 10 minutes. Yeah, im still interested about it, but not going give it more of my time. Ty.
24 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tedious to watch.
dan_tstewart17 June 2021
Much to drawn out and slow paced. Each episode a character will land a blow and then the opponent overcomes the wound to land the next blow the following episode. The backgrounds aren't at all accurate with regards to the stories behind the characters (obviously given the overarching theme, there would always have had to have been some divergence).

Every characters move is shocking and "a secret move" or something that the audience are all shocked by. Predictable and unimaginative. Animation is nothing special but not bad. The basis for the story is interesting and probably the only thing the anime has going for it.
22 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What am I watching!!!??? Up to ep 4
kegebler18 June 2021
What am I watching WTF? I am only about four episodes in and this anime is super aggravated. Let me get one thing straight there has to be reanimators on this at the same time. One from Baki one from Hellsing Ultimate, and one from Avatar. Not a single one of them are talking to each other they're way too many inconsistencies and not to mention this is a tournament fighter with no action. Just 4 episodes in and there's only been about 10 blows it's ridiculous and mundane. Also the script had to have been written by 16 year old. I am watching the dubbed and not the sub but still.
22 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a desapointment
josenaruto-5344217 June 2021
They used all their money on the second fight, and I can clearly see that it wasnt that much money anyways. The animation is horrendous. The first fight is like seeing a Power Point presentation with coloured pages of the manga. At least the voices are ok, and the ost is really damn good. Its the only two things that they did right.
24 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
theredbaron200718 June 2021
I'm on episode 4 and I think that's the number of attacks each fighter has thrown.

Flashback animations were atrocious, this is a cheaply produced product that just can't comparen to quality.

Amazing concept, but I don't think I can sit through it. Like they've totally drawn this out for profit not to tell a better story. More seasons means more money.
20 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad studio!
mohamedhadded18 June 2021
Alot of flashbacks and sound effects are bit off..in 12eps there is no "good action"the studio need to rethink or reorganize themselves..this is just total trash in every way possible.
21 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It has it's moments
dre-3360518 June 2021
Personally, as a big fan of anime this is probably the worst I've seen. The show has its moments where it's epic, but they make seem like the animators didn't feel like animating fight scenes so they just show backstory. The show is basically dragon ball z without character development. A fighter will make a move and then they take a whole episode on the origins of that move.
17 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The writers are idiots
narlygaming18 June 2021
The council of Valhalla is lead by Zeus... Zeus. Valhalla is Odin's domain, not Zeus. For this huge mistake, the writers are complete idiots. Not to mention them obviously dragging everything out to have more episodes with little effort, more episodes are good but the way episodes are drawn out is ridiculous.
23 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NETFLIX RUINS YET ANOTHER MASTERPIECE MANGA
Akhil6917 June 2021
It's been quite a time since I've been watching Anime and I have to say each and every time a Netflix original or anime comes on Netflix it is been ruined so badly like "Kengan Ashura" and "Baki" each of these had their anime adaptation so hyped up and at last it was a total disaster and now Record of Ragnarok which is animated by studio Graphinica which has animated Hellsing anime which is a decent studio but it is now way near to the studio I would prefer for such a good manga. The animation looked good when first seen In trailer the character design were good too but when I saw the episode oh man there were no things such as connect to the story and impact during any fight scenes while the manga had me all dumbstruck while reading it. Japenese voiceover is done marvelously as expected but dubbing was good too which took me by surprise. At last I would say it is still watchable unlike seven deadly sins season 3.
16 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not enough action?
fitzgeraldj-5068518 June 2021
From the people who watch Dragonball we would sit through 20 episodes before we got a sick battle so I really don't understand the criticism here. If it was ALL action you'd complain there's no story.
31 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Turn based Anime
Ash66919 June 2021
Very disappointed. I thought it was going to be epic. It's literally a turn based fight, god does a super move while human watches for 10 minute then human does a super move while god watches for 10 min. The dialogues are trash. All the side characters are just loud and annoying. The gods don't even make sense. Meanwhile Valkyrie has a cell phone 😂
11 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor
lukanikolic-8964018 June 2021
Battle scenes very poor. Please dont continue with this anime . I waited for such a long time to watch cut scenes and stories . I dont recomend this anime.
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why so low
nilsnomnom20 June 2021
If you came looking for a story driven intens plot liking anime this is not for you. If you just want to see people and gods knock the living hell out of eachother this is def the right anime for you. This season contains 3 big fights ( out of 13) and i enjoyed them all. There is humor in here and the drawing and fighting is on par with today's anime's. I think this Anime deserves a 7,5 but because it has such a low vieuwing im rounding it up to 8.
23 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rated Highly by Episode!
chrisbrooks-1925920 June 2021
I am writing this review early to help people, while the overall review is rated a 6.2 I have to question if people really watched the whole thing. The beginning episode rises from a 7.0 ranking then by the 4th it is rated in the 8s stays in there mid 8s and is in the high 8s by last episodes! It looks pretty cool. I will update this review when I finish watching.

Update: I don't know what people want these days out of an anime! This was AWESOME and left me wanting more! Gods vs Humans in a Mortal Combat type anime but with cooler fight sequences better fighters. Incredible! Don't miss this one!
25 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
90% talk 10% Action
dasdian17 June 2021
The anime is all about talks and not about the action/ fighting scenes. Worst than Trese.
13 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pathetic
pennaneac18 June 2021
This is a very bad comics with lousy animation.

Character design, story, script, animation are PATHETIC !

Perhaps Netflix need to control a little more the quality of their animations.

More animated mangas we have, less quality we get.

90% of the tv show is just talk , talk and flashback in 6fps and talk again, and the fight are just ridiculous and really bad timed and animated.

Perfect example of what need to be avoided.

Pass your way and do not loose your time on this one, this is garbage.
11 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.