Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob (Video 2021) Poster

Rather enjoyable adventure...
paul_haakonsen23 February 2021
I sat down to watch the 2021 animated movie "Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob" together with my 10 year old son, whom enjoy these animated movies quite a lot.

And every now and again there is a unique addition to the "Scooby-Doo" franchise, and I will say that "Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob" was definitely one of those instances. Why? Well, because the story in this was particularly enjoyable, and the characters were quite interesting as well.

The storyline told in this particular "Scooby-Doo" adventure was rather enjoyable, and it was one that really appealed to me, given my interest in the dark ages and role-playing games, so this was definitely pure fun.

As with many previous "Scooby-Doo" adventures, it is always a blast to have the voice acting talents of Grey Griffin, Matthew Lillard, Frank Welker and Kate Micucci on the cast list. And this particular 2021 adventure also had the voice of Nick Frost on the list.

The art style and animation is very enjoyable, and it has that classic "Scooby-Doo" feel to it that I grew up watching and still enjoy this to this day.

My rating of "Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob" settles on a well-deserved seven out of ten stars. If you enjoy these animated movies, then you most certainly have to sit down to watch this 2021 addition to the franchise.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very different from the rest of them!
AimiliaBel26 February 2021
I think that movie was very different from the other Scooby doo movies. I haven't see all of them but i have seen many and this movie had very unique story and elements. The writing was also very clever.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Scooby Doo Film!
fiiig993 March 2021
Nice return to form.

Like any long series with many different iterations some direct to video Scooby Doo adventures are better than others. This is one of them. Really liked the humour, the 2D animation style is perfect (3d , lego, and stylized2d is all not as good as this style). It kept it consistent that probably all the monsters are eventually debunked at the end. Much like you know who is guilty in a columbo episode from the start but how you get there is the fun.

Nice references to a classic "Thundarr the barbarian" by the same creators. Hopefully this might mean they are finally going to revive this series too.

We rented it via internet and it was well worth the price.

Highly recommended.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love It
baumgartner-karin25 February 2021
When you have being watching Scooby-Doo since you were a kid, you really wait for the next new movie. I loved this movie so much. The story was different, I liked the characters, the location, everything. You can really guess what's this movie is about in the first 15 min but you really enjoy the ride.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scooby is back
single_in_in25 February 2021
Finnaly not man bashing and etc just a simple sxooby movie. Much better than 13 ghost and the theatrical movie. We did however enjoy the Halloween movie. But this one is much better
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scooby doo the best
toxinrabies5 June 2021
I am a fan of Scooby gang since I was 6 years old . I loved the show . It's amazing . This new movies was good but it could have been made better. They should improve the animation . Please.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yet Another Subpar Scooby
vilafire25 April 2021
This is really low quality stuff. The best moments were the shout-outs to the older series. Thank God we can still go back and watch those. Even many of the older movies are good. This wasn't. There just wasn't much magic in this one. And the ending is ridiculously stupid. Even the character designs for Arthur and Merlin and a dragon are all pretty terrible. And the animation is the same stale work unfortunately.

All the men are stupid and useless for the first half of the runtime. Fred doesn't think DNA has anything to do with solving mysteries or that the Brits drive on the opposite side of the road. At one point he literally shivers in fright while Daphne and Velma heroically stand up to the villain. Daphne is now a complete perfect Mary Sue. That is so boring. It may have been progressive ten years ago but, sadly, at this point in time if they wanted to subvert our expectations with gender roles they need to show Fred being competent and heroic again. And arguably one of the most heroic and good men in all of fiction, King Arthur, is portrayed as a bumbling, selfish, stupid jerk. Both Fred and Arthur do end up re turning to form for the most part but that inconsistency only highlights how dumb their earlier portrayals were.

Fingers crossed the next one is better. I did like how they showed Daphne and Fred as a couple. But bring back the darker colors, the spooky atmosphere, and the MYSTERY.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Edvis-199714 March 2021
It's very average and it looks like amatures did it, somehow. I really don't get this plot. Why Arthur painted as evil and lazy king if the real story says opposite. This plot didn't have logical view, characters didn't convince me at all(not to mention that creepy dance by Daphne, it looked like she was mentally ill). I'm grown up now and I don't feel hype at all. I'm sure, when I was kid, the quality standed over quantity. Maybe create less movies but better ones? Huh...
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I honestly don't get the logic of people who love this!
stefanantonie8 March 2021
Why was this movie ever created, and most inportantly, WHY/HOW DO PEOPLE EVEN STILL LIKE IT?! It doesn't make any sense! This movie was completely out of the Scooby Doo context. I mean, seriously? If you wanna make crossovers, make them into the "Scooby Doo and guess who?" series, but not here too! It's just awful! Never watch this if you don't wanna waste an hour of your life for a garbage!
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.