If I Stay (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic elements and some sexual material|
Sex & Nudity
- A lesbian kissing scene is there in movie.
- None of the sexual content is presented casually.
- A short scene where A teen boy and a teen girl kiss in her bedroom and we see them in her bed afterwards with a quilt covering them.
- We see another brief scene like the one above in which they end up on the floor
- A female rock singer wears a shirt that reveals some cleavage as she jumps up and down.
- In some scenes, a teen boy and a teen girl hold hands and occasionally kiss.
Violence & Gore
- The film centers on a teenage girl left in a coma in ICU after a car accident kills her family: her spirit or consciousness is shown wandering the halls of the hospital, barefoot, attempting to communicate with people and remembering her life in flashbacks.
- A family drives on a wet road in winter with mom and dad in the front seat and a teenage girl and younger brother in the back seat; the father swerves to avoid an oncoming vehicle (no crash noise), and mist and smoke rise as the camera cuts to a fuzzy view of bare tree tops from the point of view of the ground; the teen girl rises from a prone position and wanders around the crash scene while the car sits on its roof with flames at the front axle; an EMT closes up a body bag that we later hear was the girl's mother and the girl walks to a group of crouching EMTs and sees herself lying in the snow with blood spreading under her, on her face and leg.
- We see six long, bloody instruments extending from an injured teen girl's stomach as surgeons manipulate them.
- A man on a gurney is shown with a gauze patch over one eye and a neck brace.
- A man with thick bandages around his neck and a gauze eye patch are shown in a hospital bed.
- A young boy lies sleeping with an oxygen mask on his face and an IV line and blood pressure cuff on his arm in a hospital room while monitors beep; we hear that the boy and a man died and we see and hear their families crying.
- A young man enters an ICU room, but two guards forcefully pull him out of the room and off the hospital floor as he shouts.
- A teen girl in a coma sees a bright, hazy yellow light at the end of a hallway, followed by flashbacks of her life in a quickening sequence, followed by loud crunching sounds off screen and the screen goes white.
- An injured teen girl's closed eyelids become progressively more red and sunken, finally turning purple.
- A few scenes feature a teen boy and a teen girl arguing about their future lives and careers, mostly about which one's career is more important and who should relocate for the other's work; she cries several times and they break up and reconnect a few times.
- 1 mild obscenities, 2 Shut Ups, 3 anatomical terms and 1 religious exclamations
- as*hole is used a lot
- Name-calling (crazy, insane, dumb, liar, tool, job [like "nut job"], fools, ridiculous, riffraff, naïve and stinking mess.)
- Stereotypical references to teenagers, parents, musicians, groupies, medical professionals, teachers, coffee drinkers and abandoned children.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is a brief scene of teen drinking (possible, what's inside the cups isn't shown.)
- A girl drinks a shot before walking into a crowd of people, and she scrunches her nose from the taste.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many Scenes throughout the movie can be emotionally intense, including deaths of many characters.