London Hughes: To Catch a Dick (2020) Poster

(2020 TV Special)

Honest review
naprincipe24 December 2020
Honestly , even 1 star is way to many for this . This special was so bad , I don't get who told these people this was funny or even a good idea to put out lol. She also ruined the David spade show, not ever interaction has to have you yelling over it and making it all about you, please go back to British TV
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Had volume on lowest setting
shruvinshah23 December 2020
I don't get why she has to be so loud So so loud! Loud may be an understatement, she's shouting. You almost feel like she is yelling at you Just like a mom would if you have had way too many candies
16 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute garbage
anishbhatt-1106625 December 2020
Could not bear it after 15 minutes and I had to login here and post. In the name of Freedom of speech / expression this filth is served. Pthooi, Netflix. Waste of time. Over the top, hamming, loud and obnoxious. That should be the title. She cusses continuously, makes crazy faces and loud lwed gestures - but the content and quality does not even make up for all the bad acting of poor writing. Makes me strike this one out as no follow or try to watch ever.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tried hard to laugh but couldn't
adamknights-3188526 December 2020
My wife is black and we both struggled to find anything funny with this material . I suspect she won't last long in this game. Comedy needs to capture more than just a few friends.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
shellquirke2 January 2021
Turned off after 25 minutes. Not funny at all, London is loud, annoying and gurns. I can only assume Kevin Hart pulled some strings and got her the Netflix gig. I have no idea how she pulled it off otherwise. The fake audience laughter really doesn't help, and no one likes someone who constantly tells you they are brilliant and beautiful. I'm sure she's lovely off screen, but on screen she's not pleasant or funny to watch.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loud & Unfunny
mak_60031 December 2020
Loud, unfunny and cringeworthy sex stories. - if you wanna see this kind of material done well and delivered brilliantly, watch Ali Wong. This however is dire. How the hell does Netflix green light this garbage?
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome to see her claiming her fame!
Aboutthestory6 February 2021
She deserves so much! Congrats to London for giving female COMICS and bipoc FEMALES a comedian icon to look up to. Anyone critical of her probably has never written a joke or put themselves out there as a creator!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More terrible then COVID...
minikrusty5 January 2021
I wanted to see if just my opinion about her special was the same well cant say because from the 1h 8min i was barely able to make it past the 5 minute realizing that it wont get any better not even one chuckle out of it but purely annoyment out of her trying to be funny... there are some funny comedians who dont get a special & deserve it... definitely don't recommend to anyone...
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
London rocks
HBurdie22 February 2021
London is honest, yes loud as some have pointed out, crude and most importantly funny. This is a good show and she deserves respect for getting up on stage and being so frank. I wouldn't easily rate a show, but I feel it's a misrepresentation at 4.5 stars and I mostly believe this is because the audiences didn't get the British humour.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it
londonblog15 February 2021
Loved it. She's hilarious. Wished there would be more women like her who are really funny. I like about her that's very physical on the stage. Plus her stories and accent are a good combination. Felt very entertained. I can't laugh about most female comics so was a refreshing surprise for a change. Surely we'll see more form her soon!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Eh
nicci197224 December 2020
So she did what she came to do. She had the raunchiest set I have heard in a minute. I give her a 5 for doing something she loves.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So relatable
sarahsamandary25 December 2020
Hughes is hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing the entire time. She is so right about the double standards between men and woman. I can't wait for a future when it's normal to "sit on face"!!
4 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad
TreeFiddy532 January 2021
The trailer was bad, but I let it run in the background anyway while I did the dishes, and the show was still not worth my time. This was Tiffany Haddish dialed up to 11 with just "Hoe jokes" and "Dick jokes", in a British accent, louder than Tiff. Fam, louder is not equal to funnier!! I get that such content is easy laughter and several comedians do this because several people like such content. I never found it funny back then, it's not funny now either. I thought she touch upon some interesting topics, for instance, how the world treats male comedians vs female comedians, but the focus was still on "catching dicks" and not on "lets start treating women better regardless". All the sex jokes are very repetitive and she says "I'm awesome! I'm funny!" several times during the hour, like, "Fam, do your thing and let us decide if you're funny or not?" Kevin Hart needs to stop promoting content that do the comedian more harm than good, and if you think I'm wrong, check out the comments on the trailer. All that said, I'd still give her next special, if it happens, a try to see if she's done anything different.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.