Airliner Sky Battle (2020) Poster

The movie Was good in parts
stellasilk15 November 2020
My fiance brought this home with other movie Greenland. He thought it was a good adventure. It was at least suspenseful and not at all as violent as those Hollywood films with no content at all and often with unwatchable content. This one is suitable for family viewing, which is good.
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow - THAT should have been Diehard 5 !!!
refordgarry15 November 2020
Just please bear with this. The acting was bad, the sets were bad, graphics non-existent, plot holes terrible - but trapped inside this bad movie was a real Blockbuster so desperately trying to get out. Even with my limited writing experience I could have repaired the plot, so just imagine what the pro-writers could have done. I've seen almost every good movie of the past 50 years and several of the bad ones to be able to judge something about quality. And I can say pretty unequivocally that this script had all the potential to be pure quality. With all the bad movies around it ought not be too taxing to just sit this one out to the end, and you will probably agree that this COULD have been The One !
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The big boys tried hard to quash this one
Harroon15 November 2020
Yesterday I took a look at this out of interest and it was on a 2.3, but thankfully some others have had the common sense to speak up for it, especially about the big studios that always try to demean smaller guys. The fact is that 250 million dollars to make a film is a lot of cash. And those with that sort of capital think they have the right to control what audiences watch, inserting at will all their rubbish we don't want . So bravo to Asylum or whatever your name is for trying to be audacious and make a good blockbuster we so sorely need.
14 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected
silvestasam15 November 2020
I just watched this film and everybody seems to be laughing that it is made by Asylum, who I don't know anything about. But I could not turn it off even when some of the actors seemed a bit inexperienced for their roles. The reason I could not switch off is that things kept on happening, just like they used to do in the old blockbuster movies with Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone that really kept us on the edge of out seats. This made with extra money would have been an EXCELLENT Christmas movie. Now you see how things could have been it is rather sad there is nothing on the screen like this nowadays. Thank you all at least for letting me have my say.
14 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is a low quality movie; however the story attracts me till the end
eymy2015 November 2020
It is a low quality movie; however the story attracts me till the end. The suspense of the story and the new idea of innocent passengers to willingly sacrifice everything for the sake of their country is exciting. If the story was written in a professional way and the budget was high, this movie could be better
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Xmas Movie if only they had Made it a bit Better
willyamj15 November 2020
I heard about this new release on Facebook, and a lot of people seemed to be knocking it off, but a few were also defending it. I'm normally a Facebook person, hope I am welcome here, sorry if not. I took time to watch Airliner Sky Battle and I can see why people seem to like criticizing it for defects and all. But the last time I saw a movie plot as good as this is when I saw Diehard 2, which was sitting down together with my family at Christmas. I even think this movie had potential, in the right hands to be better than Diehard 2, since the Willis film had some awkward bits in it too, OK? We all feel a bit intimidated nowadays with these bot things that shame you for expressing your real opinion, but at least I gave it a try.
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Undeserving of Such a bad score
gregoaks15 November 2020
Even my title page says please find me something to watch. I browsed the reviews of this movie in the morning since it was available to watch, and met nothing with negativity. I watched it regardless, wanting secretly to laugh at the super feats of some ill equipped puny person. But what I got was a real movie. The acting was poor because they obviously did not have the bucks of the super studios. But what have those big film makers given us in the last year of worth? Absolutely nothing. Maybe a movie in this form with good actors could have made Hollywood their next half-billion box office, but we are all stuck in our armchairs watching bad stuff that they like to shove down out throats. So I'm giving this one a 9 for what it might have been and for what Hollywood ought to have been, but they are not. I urge somebody else to do the same.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The big studios are not everything
jeanphillippes15 November 2020
I have to admit I watched only about 30 minutes of this, but I want to see it to the end, so very grateful to everybody not to give out spoilers. Judging by some of the reviews here here I am in for a bit of a treat, so can't wait to see it to the end. If it's anything decent good I'll revise my score. I promise.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not Bad
Maynard-Johnson15 November 2020
Did get to see it at my friends house. I need practice in writing reviews so excuse if it goes wrong. I dont agree all the actors were bad. The guy that was the plane co-pilot did have star quality, and I hope somebody gives him a better break. The bossy woman dressed like she was from Thailand on the ground was also quite impressive, though I didnt really know what rank she had to order a four **** general around. It did remind me a bit of Diehard, but not the recent releases, which were terrible.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad? NO! TERRIBLY BAD!
rotweiler14 November 2020
The title says it all (can't give it a zero). My review was not accepted with only the title, so I have added the following:

This is likely the worst movie I have watched (see below) in the past 10 or 15 years. I have a pretty high tolerance for trash; but... in this case I only managed a few minutes. Then just to be sure. I spot watched a few minutes at random times through the "video".

Graphics? 0/10 Acting? Acting? Really? 0/10 Plot? 0/10

Pure trash.
10 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad it's brilliant
damianhill-3476414 November 2020
Just watch and count the times you say OMG this Is The Worst Film Ever.

Turn off your brain, grab some popcorn and prepare to be amazed.....
8 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Saw Asylum and thought crap
staunton-gary23 November 2020
But, it turned out not too bad. Did it have flaws, sure, will it win any awards, nope. Selena (Alyson Gorske) was nice eye candy. General Hayes (Terry Woodberry) acted and looked like Idris Elba, uncanny. Dr. Meili Liu (Bai Ling) wasn't very good in this. As for the movie, I was entertained and would recommend it, but don't expect big budget action.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unrealistic movie
mb-330876 December 2020
The problem with airplane movies is that although looks good there is a clear lack of knowledge by the film makers of the physics of aerodynamics. Frankly not real and even not good fiction. I was hoping that some sense would eventually prevail but nothing. Down to the detail of two engine throttles for a four engined aircraft !!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Asylum Production - No need to say any more
Xavier_Stone14 November 2020
How they are still making knock off movies for $30k and still making money is still shocking. Surely everyone has been fooled by these guys at least once.
7 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'll jump to the other plane!
nogodnomasters26 November 2020
A jetliner is hijacked and does a Crazy Ivan on another commercial plane. The plane is on a mission to crash into Calvert Cliffs nuclear facility unless the US withdraws all of its troops everywhere in the world starting with the Ukraine. Also the Russians installed a virus in all of our military jets and computerized equipment so the military is at a loss what to do. A commercial plane traveling east from NY is the only plane that can take down the southbound plane traveling south from NY.

A lot didn't make sense. With heavy commercial air traffic, the plane going in the wrong direction doesn't make sense. Also this plane must play catch-up. I have worked at Calvert Cliffs. It has a containment of re-enforced concrete. The reactor is shutting down and is in a steel vessel with more concrete. It could hit the Spent Fuel Pool if they are lucky. That could vaporize the cooling water, overheat the spent fuel and cause it to breach. There could be a steam explosion that could release radioactivity, but with west to east prevailing winds, it would effect some farmland and blow out to sea. Washington would be spared. Just saying.

The characters and plot were hokey at best. Could have been a great film if they took their time writing it.

Guide: No F-words, sex, or nudity.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Know what it is.
mckeen-1363914 November 2020
Rubbish, entertaining rubbish, only to be laughed at. This film is funny rubbish. 4/10 because it did make smile through out, it's terrible, but not quite "it's that terrible it's amazing!" Literally watch this if you have seen everything you've ever wanted to see in the universe, I feel dirty watching and reviewing this, so I'm off for a bath.
4 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Low budget
nataliejmueller15 November 2020
Mediocre plot-line but the acting and everything else was bad. I honestly would rate this a 0/10 but sadly, that is not an option. Wouldn't recommend but a for effort.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exciting, clean FUN
margotgorske-0652313 December 2020
Great special effects, good action plot, and a good moral to the story. Americans pull together for the sake of the country, show innovation and bravery, model self sacrifice, all in an engaging, fast moving plot. I highly recommend this movie for the whole family! Loved the actress for Selena, Alyson Gorske
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Asylum Production you know what to expect
moonnight07214 November 2020
I mean we all seen their knock off movies one time or another, they get by the copyright law by changing the name a bit but keep the plot more or less the same i dont think i ever seen a movie from then thats been original.some are bad,some are worse and some well you still asking your self why ?. in any case watching a movie from them you at least you either laugh from beginning to end or scratch your head well beyond the movie closing
2 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really Good
cosmoastro14 December 2020
Action from start to the end. Somehow people just don´t know what you can do with this comercial airplanes. They are like any plane. The only think it is different is that always fly in a smood way. Great story, new an awesome. It hasn´t an arrelevant torture escene. There is no blood everywhere, There is no irrelevant dialoge, There are no minutes looking at the floor. This is the movie that you can watch again and again on tv.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.