Trigger Point (2021) Poster

(2021)

Barry Pepper's performance was on point.
christinejoycruz3 May 2021
Movie started slow but I appreciated the chill Barry Pepper scenes. As always, Barry gives an awesome performance whether it is just quaint moments or intense scenes. I wish there was more hand to hand combat because Barry moved really well here. Quite predictable but because the movie was well cast, it was interesting to watch their take on this type of genre. Colm Feore made his reveal quite heartbreaking. Eve Harlow could have done more action here and of course the elusive Fiona Snow should have had her time with Nicolas. I am hoping the sequel comes because I think the the characters deserve to wrap this story up. Even Irene, the bookstore lady, did a good job.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trigger Pointless
squintykids24 April 2021
Started off slowly and for a while thought this may turn out to be a good film.

Unfortunately it didn't; half way through the 'rescue' I started to play solitaire on my phone.

I honestly thought that much of the movie was the storyline fluff? Between the levels of an RPG.
28 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No point
dugmoogle24 April 2021
Very slow, typical, with a wannabe cast., pretty scenary , nice homes unrealistic.
25 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a shame how easily this could've been so much better.
Top_Dawg_Critic26 April 2021
Think of this being a low-budget upstate NYC James Bond B-grade film. It had all the right elements to make it work, but failed in the screenplay - that with minor tweaks, could've been awesome.

Directing by Brad Turner was great, as was the cinematography. Even the score for a B film was good. The set locations were excellent (loved the house tech). The casting was great, and the performances, although somewhat flat, worked well in creating tension and suspense.

The 85 min runtime flew by, even with the somewhat slow pacing, in part from the perfect scene lengths, decent action, and story progression. I would've liked another 15-20 mins of action and character clarity, as well for some parts of the story, along with a little faster pacing.

The story's premise, although nothing new, still worked well by creating a well balanced focus on both the protagonist and the antagonist. But there were just too many unfulfilled and convoluted plot and technical issues, as well as these random characters popping in scenes with zero character background e.g. The school teacher.

I'm guessing writer Michael Vickerman was trying to create some type of vague character and sub-plot backgrounds that would be exploited in a part 2 of this film, but went overboard with the vagueness to the point you'll feel underwhelmed and wanting more by the end.

Overall, I actually enjoyed this film more than I thought, and although it wasn't a huge box-office success, I do hope they come out with a part 2. If you like this genre, it's a decent one-time watch on a "Popcorn & Movie Sunday".
18 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you are a foreign student...
A_Different_Drummer23 April 2021
Script has been recycled so many times you would expect the DVD to come in an earth-friendly green (or blue) package. And this is not merely a low-budget indie, but it was filmed in Canada with Canadian actors. That's double jeopardy. Plot holes that even Georgia's Dept of Highways could not fix. Weak soundtrack and editing. If you are a foreign student who has been assigned TRIGGER POINT as a means to learn English, however, you will probably be pleasantly surprised.
37 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A decent burner.
whitemanfromtowne11 May 2021
Compared to what has been being produced today, this was a decent burner. Barry Pepper held it together and made it work. Not a lot unnecessary shoot em up bang bang but it made sense. Pay no attention to the clueless reviewers who can't get dates so let's hate on good effort. This was a good one time watch.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Could be so much better
joencarrielang27 April 2021
Directing was weak, some support actors were not believable, the lead did well to save a 5 out of 10.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't recommend
fgeek25 April 2021
Extremely unrealistic shooting scenarios, quite boring and nothing unique or impressive.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good entertain
avelinorabelos22 May 2021
A good film to entertain, with good performances, interesting plot that deserves to be continued!
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pulling trigger ain't action
roh_reh25 April 2021
Boring with too much script and no action. Definitely not recommended to action thriller lovers out there. Totally disappointed.
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good solid movie
polypablocanada18 May 2021
This is a good flick to sit down on a cool rainy night. Plot unravels well, Canadian content was presented well. I really enjoyed this movie!! 7/10. Harmsy.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good popcorn movie
Moody flick to pass the time. Nice sets. Good sound and cinematography. Solid acting throughout.

Recommendation: yes.

Rent: meh.

Buy: nope.

Stream: hell yea.

Expectations: So why the 9 out of 10? - its a quality piece and i feel i should do my part to balance out the excessive negative reviews; Seems everyone expects a Kubrick film or a Jaws blockbuster from every release nowadays. Sure, this flick doesn't have the most imaginative script and could use a little tighter editing, but Trigger Point hits all the right notes as expected from a professional film crew and acting company, plus, you wont feel cheated after watching it - sadly, you won't be surprised either.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They're lucky their cliche machine didn't overheat and explode during production.
rorymcpedal27 April 2021
This movie is so poorly written and directed that the lighting and the acting are gonna get away without being criticized. I don't have that kind of time.

The script is so cliched and so hacky that I could actually say the lines (paraphrased) along with the characters while watching It for the first time. The dialogue was so cringy that I think my paraphrasing might have been better than the script. Every lame, creaky plot point and plot device you've seen a thousand times are trotted out and plopped on the screen in a sort of order that makes for a beginning, middle and end, but not for a decent movie. I could've written this in a weekend, and I'm no writer.

Unfortunately, the directing makes the writing look like pure gold in comparison. The gunplay, what there is of it, is eye-rollingly unbelievable. Not in a fun way, like in "Shoot 'em Up", but just as dull as the rest of the movie, only less believable. Every angle chosen is the wrong one, it seems, and and every cut is at the wrong moment. It's hard to go any more detail without giving any spoilers, so I won't.

As any number of movies have proven, you don't need a big budget to know how people talk to each other, to know what range hand guns are effective at, to be able to guess at how people react to certain situations, and how they don't. You don't need a big budget to close up plot holes that the Evergiven could get through. What you do need is some careful people working on the production. That's really what seems to be the overarching problem with this piece of dreck. It's as if no one, from start to finish, cared at all about how this came out.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Action Movie
rightingwrong20 April 2021
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I didn't even notice the time going by, it kept my attention completely. The characters were well portrayed and the acting was excellent. I really hope they make a sequel! 10/10.
21 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not good at all
grangeheights29 April 2021
So it slowly goes nowhere and ends unresolved. I can't see a continuation.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Movie of 2021
pos_itive3 May 2021
This could be the worst movie of 2021. Everything about this is bad. The story, is awful. I can't believe this was produced.
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great action movie
shohan-mann20 June 2021
It's a good action movie unlike other usual ones. Different kind of plot and really enjoyed.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad as the critics say.
dannyrest14 June 2021
This wasn't a big budget blockbuster or anything spectacular. Good enough action flick to turn off the brain and just go with it. I was going to rate Trigger Point much lower initially. But after watching a movie 2 critics praised was a great movie I changed my mind.

For those claiming Trigger Point was a really bad. They should watch Dragon Fury 2021, now that was one steaming pile of stupidity.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great film to fill a hour or two
picassoremore25 April 2021
Barry peppers performance was just as expected but on the flip side the emotionless robot style of character works

My only one gripe Was was the a sub plot about tea , I mean I know u Americans dont own kettles but his knowledge of tea was ridiculous , I was hoping for an explanation but hey ho the mystery continues.

Go watch it when Netflix ain't cutting the mustard u won't be disappointed for a hour and a half Of double crossing and back stabbing.
6 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cool gadjets
wanderer157012 May 2021
I liked it but you really had to pay attention or you'd be lost.. I'll probably watch it again to let it sink in.. Well worth your time if you like espionage.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still....
rga-arq30 April 2021
I saw it one and half time, and still don't understand/know the reason why I waste my time looking all this senseless plot and overworked killings....
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
razor84 May 2021
Started off pretty interesting, but I just couldn't watch anymore after the dude started one shotting dozens of people with a silenced pistol. This is not the 80's anymore and you're not Arnold. As a comedy it could work, but not as a serious movie.
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.